• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I need a bit of insight on a few things "plz"....

A

AntiOTF

Ok, have a few questions that a vet like myself really should know ( hi revvo), but unfortunately, I do not. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions given.

1. Htf do those alacrity scroll thingys work, and what's the best way to use them?

2. Which quest giver, gives the human/elf quest?

3. As far as mana goes for a warrior, is it best to be elf and get the extra 20 int, or does the human costing less mana actually out weigh the extra int points that an elf gets. And Ru once told me that if you have so many points in certain skills, then you already get the gift of using less mana on specials without being human. Is this true?

4. I remember a time when having the magery skill was a added bonus to your resist skill, is this still true?

5. How the hell did this dog get up there?!?!?

6. How accurate are your answers to questions 1-5?

G

Don't know the answer to 1

2. Darius the Wise, Moonglow Lyceum

In answer to your number 3 I'll quote a friend who icq'd me this week
<blockquote><hr>

turning into an elf was a mistake!!!
well, you know humans get the extra 20% in all skills, that reduced my mana cost on specials by more than the 20 extra mana saved

[/ QUOTE ]

4. I think the answer is 'no', but I'm not positive on that.

5. How the hell should I know?

P

prostkr

to use a blue scroll, you need to plan out your rot for several days:
say i was doing nox to 100

first id get my skill to into rot
then id stock the char with 100 bottles of greater poison and a few cures
The scrolls last 15 online minutes, so you want to be prepared and not running around looking for supplys.

Now eat the scroll and get a gain as fast as you can.....log out as soon you see the gain......you have now used 15 seconds of your 15 mins.....make sure you do not flag as an agressor or you will be kept online for 2 mins.
By doing this your gains will be higher than .01 but the rot timer counts it as .01, so you can still get the total number of gains a day rot allows based on your skill. With one blue scroll it is possible to go from 70 to gm with one blue scroll in just a cpl days.

This works on all skills that you can train with out tripping the combat timer....mage,med,eval,necro,ss,healing,crafting skills ect...

if you get your total days gains, just leave the char offline till rot resets then you can do it again the next day.

A

AntiOTF

Thnx for all the replies, guys, now, i just gotta get myself human again! Ru?

Edit: I' still wondering about number 4. Back in the day, my fencer used to be death on mages, being that he had 120 resist and 110 magery, then they made magery useless without eval, but I'm still wondering if the magery helps the resist or not.

I

IPlayUOTOOMuCH

Dog question:my guess is, someone tamed it, had a rune up there, had the dog follow them, released it up there, it became untame after awhile.

M

majorwoo

I'm gonna go with #6 - a bug.

But if your whole, tamer dragged it up there and released it thing is what happened, I'm gonna go with it became "untame" when they released it - not sometime later

G

<blockquote><hr>

Dog question:my guess is, someone tamed it, had a rune up there, had the dog follow them, released it up there, it became untame after awhile.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tame-release is probably the most logical explanation, although as majorwoo says, the moment the tamer releases it, the animal becomes wild. It would only go wild on its own at a later time if it didn't auto stable when the tamer logged for some reason or if the tamer told it to "stay" then went somewhere else and forgot about it, and it gradually lost loyalty then went wild.

-Skylark

M

majorwoo

if you want to test the tame/release thing run a red character by the dog - a pretamed/released animal will aggro a red.

G

<blockquote><hr>

if you want to test the tame/release thing run a red character by the dog - a pretamed/released animal will aggro a red.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh...testing, huh?

Skylark = tamer for most of UO Siege time
Castor = red for most of UO Siege time

I believe I have tested that tame/release auto aggro on red thing on him approximately 2,743,821 times. I am rather scientific by nature though, and I believe in very thorough testing.

-Skylark

M

mabesiege

<blockquote><hr>

Ok, have a few questions that a vet like myself really should know ( hi revvo), but unfortunately, I do not. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions given.

3. As far as mana goes for a warrior, is it best to be elf and get the extra 20 int, or does the human costing less mana actually out weigh the extra int points that an elf gets. And Ru once told me that if you have so many points in certain skills, then you already get the gift of using less mana on specials without being human. Is this true?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was human a couple weeks ago and had been for awhile, then i read some half baked post and went elf. The only draw back on human is ns (more annoying than anything) but the lower mana cost and natural regen are great. The reason i made the change to elf was because i heard that if you had 315 points in combat skills you'd get the lower mana cost. Well thats a load of hrmmmm..I'm going back to human

J

Jaimes

If you're a human, you only need 120 in your weapon skill to get the full -10 mana possible from special moves. If you're gonna use that bonus, human becomes way better than elf. If you use even two special moves in one fight, you've made up the elf bonus already. Add on free mana and stam regen from 20 focus, the ability to track (very unreliably), and even the ability to do forensics (well, I think it's helpful sometimes to know who killed who...)... human is better IMO.

G

<blockquote><hr>

If you're a human, you only need 120 in your weapon skill to get the full -10 mana possible from special moves. If you're gonna use that bonus, human becomes way better than elf. If you use even two special moves in one fight, you've made up the elf bonus already. Add on free mana and stam regen from 20 focus, the ability to track (very unreliably), and even the ability to do forensics (well, I think it's helpful sometimes to know who killed who...)... human is better IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pffft, you are forgetting the best reason of all to choose human: non freak hair!

-Skylark

A

AntiOTF

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I was human a couple weeks ago and had been for awhile, then i read some half baked post and went elf. The only draw back on human is ns (more annoying than anything) but the lower mana cost and natural regen are great. The reason i made the change to elf was because i heard that if you had 315 points in combat skills you'd get the lower mana cost. Well thats a load of hrmmmm..I'm going back to human

[/ QUOTE ]

Wanna team up and do the quest together?

G

Molly's an elf, and I have several elves on Europa. I find it good for a crafter, my tamer and my stealth herder, but my warrior is human.

They don't have to have freaky hair and blue skin. Mine don't.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wanna team up and do the quest together?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just did the quest yesterday.
bring a friend!
I did it solo and when it came to the ice fiends I got killed 3 times,
Ice fiends loot, they loot everything
so I had to run back to town 3 times to re-equip just to kill 5 stupid ice fiends. That is a long run.
no magery+no resist+low armor resists=dead at the ice fiends.

oh also I had to beg for a gate to nujel'm twice, once to get the quest and once to redeem it.

why are boats so damn expensive?

A

AntiOTF

I paid 3 mil for my hair color, i hope i don't lose that when i return to human.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I paid 3 mil for my hair color, i hope i don't lose that when i return to human.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, it does.

G

Cuz everything npc bought is 3x the cost on Siege. But when ya buy bigger ticket items like boats be sure to look around at all the towns for pricing em, same for aquariums. Some faction towns be way pricier, than non faction towns more common npc pricings. *can even find lower* sometimes. I oft buy boats for those whom the npcs won't sell to cuz they red. They give me their check of gp for the boat, and I buy it for em cuz I am blue. One guy was gonna buy a boat in Brit one time and I gated us to Ocllo. The *faction* price was way more sky high that day in Brit..so I took us to Ocllo and well he saved tons of gp on boat and tipped me in gp nicely for being a smart shopper for ..him. hehe

G

I know "why" I just mean "WHY?"

why are the prices high? what purpose doe it serve to have 100K boat?
or in brit. a 300K boat(faction town btw)
are boats an over powering item?
do they give an advantage over something?

but these are all moot questions because it makes no difference to speculate at what should or should not be. EA hears nothing from Siege.