• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I login today to find that I think my phoenix armor pieces are gone. Help please.

the Stranger

Adventurer
I had a maginica vendor rented and I had Phoenix Arms, Tunic and Leggings on him as decoration, including one of the old Neira red swords. When I logged in I got a message that my lease was outbid and that I no longer had my pet vendor, so I went to the warehouse and claimed my goods but found only the gold, and animals at the warehouse attendant. Cans somebody help me? What am I doing wrong to not find the items my vendor was wearing. Thanks

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I had a maginica vendor rented and I had Phoenix Arms, Tunic and Leggings on him as decoration, including one of the old Neira red swords. When I logged in I got a message that my lease was outbid and that I no longer had my pet vendor, so I went to the warehouse and claimed my goods but found only the gold, and animals at the warehouse attendant. Cans somebody help me? What am I doing wrong to not find the items my vendor was wearing. Thanks
"When a stall lease ends, the hired broker will transfer any remaining inventory and funds into the Warehouse of New Magincia. The broker’s former employer has one week to reclaim those animals or commodities, and funds. To claim these goods, visit a Warehouse Superintendant and ask to retrieve your items."

1700775843534.png

*If not there check perhaps the backpack or bank of the toon that set him up initially

the Stranger

Adventurer
Thanks for the response, I clicked on the Broker Storage, transferred my pets and gold. There was not option for items the vendor was wearing. Now the option is gone except for the Paperdoll option. The items were never put into the bank or the backpack. Any other suggestions? I tried paging a GM but I don't think they are going to respond today.
I still haven't deleted the message saying my stall was outbid. It only happened 22 hours ago, there's still 6 days, 2 hours left to reclaim items it says. I was checking my vendor daily. I'm pretty frustrated and if my items are gone I don't know what I'm going to do.

Attachments

the Stranger

Adventurer
New Magincia Stable Vendor Vanished - Ultima Online Forums (uo.com)

It's gone it seems, I'm pretty sure its time for me to let this game go. I have played since 2002 23 years straight. It has been a good run it seems the game has come to an end tho and this just forces my hand unfortunately. :(
I wish you all luck going forward hope this doesn't happen to you. I just wanted to draw attention to my pet vendor that had legacy pets on it like most people do with their vendors, dress them up nicely ect.

Make sure this doesn't happen to you.

Archnight

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
New Magincia Stable Vendor Vanished - Ultima Online Forums (uo.com)

It's gone it seems, I'm pretty sure its time for me to let this game go. I have played since 2002 23 years straight. It has been a good run it seems the game has come to an end tho and this just forces my hand unfortunately. :(
I wish you all luck going forward hope this doesn't happen to you. I just wanted to draw attention to my pet vendor that had legacy pets on it like most people do with their vendors, dress them up nicely ect.

Make sure this doesn't happen to you.
You should still page a GM and wait for them to see, I would put down something like "Lost items, please help!" as that usually gets a faster response and valid in this case

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Items are not replaced if they can't find them in storage you are simply out of luck..

the Stranger

Adventurer
I was just checking my email and saw this response from earlier when I paged & logged out.

“Greetings,

Thank you for your GM petition number .

We are deeply sorry to hear of the reported issue. As players ourselves, we can certainly understand how frustrating it can be to lose something in the game. Unfortunately, Game Masters are not able to replace lost items, houses, or pets.

If the loss was a result of a game flaw, we ask that you report this incident to the development team via Contact – Ultima Online and selecting "Bug Report" in the "Department" field.
Or you may email [email protected], if you have any further detailed information about this bug. If you wish to report other bugs, please use that same email address. Bug reports go directly to the Bug Team to investigate; therefore, it is important to include as much detailed information that may help investigate any issues.

Be aware that the Bug Team does not reply to emails, but they investigate and attempt to reproduce the reported issue and resolved bug issues are documented in Patch Notes.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.”

What has really turned me off in this case is the fact that they coded a system that allows you to put items onto the vendor but didn’t code a way to return those items back to the player(In the case that someone else wins the plot bid). Nowhere is there a warning not to put valuable items onto the pet vendors(please correct me if I’m wrong). It’s a failure that has costed me over 2 years of game time literally overnight. If I in anyway felt like it was my fault I would not feel so bad about this but at this point I paid to have very valuable and rare items disappear. Now there’s 3 less pieces of the already insanely hard to find Phoenix Armor. I thank god I didn’t have a whole suit because I def would not have chosen to have my pet vendor there half clothed. I’m pretty bummed and I am going to see about having this fixed for sure and I don’t even know if I’m gonna keep playing I def got to at least clear my house out and take like 6 month to a year off. I dunno yet for sure. I don’t know if this sounds stupid but these items meant a lot to me(a lot more than there monetary value).

Last edited:

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Honestly, It sounds like you had long periods between log ins and didn't realy manage the vendor rental. This isn't a problem with the game.

We all have paid the price of education. Sometimes very expensively. I know I have. Chalk it up to an educational experience and move on.

*Taps his pipe by the fire and adds another plug of Ter Mur Tubac*

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This sucks, I can understand how the OP feels like quitting, hopefully they will not.

I won't be as mean as above, but the way I read it., it sounds only the items on a commodity vendor or an animal vendor get put in the warehouse.

You did log in within the period required.

It sounds like the clothing on the vendor are not saved. When created they probably did not think players would put rare items on the vendors.

When the vendor changes hands I think it begins as a blank spot.

@Petra Fyde may be able to contact someone that can verify this and add a warning to the UO Wiki page.

So at least those that read this thread will know not to dress the vendor with rare items.

Mine has items made from the newer color BOD cloth, it stands out but is replaceable.

Last edited:

Archnight

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I was just checking my email and saw this response from earlier when I paged & logged out.

“Greetings,

Thank you for your GM petition number .

We are deeply sorry to hear of the reported issue. As players ourselves, we can certainly understand how frustrating it can be to lose something in the game. Unfortunately, Game Masters are not able to replace lost items, houses, or pets.

If the loss was a result of a game flaw, we ask that you report this incident to the development team via Contact – Ultima Online and selecting "Bug Report" in the "Department" field.
Or you may email [email protected], if you have any further detailed information about this bug. If you wish to report other bugs, please use that same email address. Bug reports go directly to the Bug Team to investigate; therefore, it is important to include as much detailed information that may help investigate any issues.

Be aware that the Bug Team does not reply to emails, but they investigate and attempt to reproduce the reported issue and resolved bug issues are documented in Patch Notes.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.”

What has really turned me off in this case is the fact that they coded a system that allows you to put items onto the vendor but didn’t code a way to return those items back to the player(In the case that someone else wins the plot bid). Nowhere is there a warning not to put valuable items onto the pet vendors(please correct me if I’m wrong). It’s a failure that has costed me over 2 years of game time literally overnight. If I in anyway felt like it was my fault I would not feel so bad about this but at this point I paid to have very valuable and rare items disappear. Now there’s 3 less pieces of the already insanely hard to find Phoenix Armor. I thank god I didn’t have a whole suit because I def would not have chosen to have my pet vendor there half clothed. I’m pretty bummed and I am going to see about having this fixed for sure and I don’t even know if I’m gonna keep playing I def got to at least clear my house out and take like 6 month to a year off. I dunno yet for sure. I don’t know if this sounds stupid but these items meant a lot to me(a lot more than there monetary value).
As they're asking you to contact/email the team, your last "Hail Mary" and best option tbh would be to contact Mesanna directly to explain the situation ([email protected]; [email protected]). It's hit or miss but worth a try

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm really sorry this has happened to you. I learned long ago when I got kicked off my Magincia stall to put a REALLY big matching bid on to prevent it. Fortunately I didn't lose anything but clothing with my crafter's mark. I will get a warning added to the wiki page, but that will only help those who actually read it. :(

the Stranger

Adventurer
@Lord Nabin What do you mean sounds like I didn’t manage the vendor rental? Sorry I’m confused, and thanks everyone for the nice responses made me feel better about the situation. I’m not rich in the game like some people are, I had those 3 pieces plus maybe enough to buy the last 3 once I sell my other rares.

I had a bane and a legacy nightmare on the vendor charging me roughly 40mil a day so I def was checking it at least every day hence why I tried to make my vendor stand out.

I will do what you said @Archnight .

mihali

Sage
vendor charging me roughly 40mil a day
The charge / fees processing is terrible at the pet stalls. There should be an option like the player house vendors to sell on a fee basis of similar 5% or even 10%, upon sale. Not daily charges. The present pet stall system is not working for all players, and if you put some really pricey/rare pets on them then you look at fees of millions per day. As it is now only the ultra rich can put expensive pets on stalls, therefore the stalls are not used as they should be. MAybe the Devs can look into it?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not the charge that's his problem, he said he was outbid. You need to set a high 'bid match' so that if someone else bids on your stall, or even on 'next available' when your's is due for renewal, you don't lose it. If you're on a really active shard you may need to set the bid for 10s of millions!

1700855511158.jpeg
1700855482535.jpeg

the Stranger

Adventurer
This was my mind state as to why no bid matching was set.

I never intended to renew the pet vendor lease and I didn’t even have a bid match set purposely when I dressed my vendor and set it up, I didn’t chose to do that simply because the fees are high 1 and 2 I was hoping to sell my pets quick. I felt the need to dress him up with those items for “clickbait” just like people have done for years with item vendors, because the fees are high, foot traffic to the area has been low, and my pets were sought after and good deal. I had bid on a first available stall and I wanted to move from the north section to the south section anyways because that’s where my pet vendors have always been in the past.

It has already been talked about in the bug reports where some people are saying their clothing items were returned by the warehouse superintendent with some people saying there’s were lost. Please take time to look into this before dismissing it as a non issue/ my fault kinda thing because I do believe this is an issue that should be fixed asap.. We should be able to dress up our pet vendors with whatever we want without losing the items just like we do with our contract vendors. We play this game to have nice items and display them when able to do so without fear of them going poof due to the game mechanics and not a on part of player neglect.

mihali

Sage
It's not the charge that's his problem, he said he was outbid. You need to set a high 'bid match' so that if someone else bids on your stall, or even on 'next available' when your's is due for renewal, you don't lose it. If you're on a really active shard you may need to set the bid for 10s of millions!

View attachment 149635
View attachment 149634
I know that what happened is likely game mechanics caused the (worth several Plat) items of the OP vanish. But the other unrelated issue is the chronic one of the massive pet vendor fees these players have to pay if their pets are worth lots (and I mean lots like 500 M, 1.2 plats etc). Consignment and one time fee choices would help more people to put good pets on these stalls I suspect, rather than have empty stalls in many shards. A self-defeating game mechanic, like the one when the vendor loses items it wears. Anyways this a lesson to be learned for all of us.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
This was my mind state as to why no bid matching was set.

I never intended to renew the pet vendor lease and I didn’t even have a bid match set purposely when I dressed my vendor and set it up, I didn’t chose to do that simply because the fees are high 1 and 2 I was hoping to sell my pets quick. I felt the need to dress him up with those items for “clickbait” just like people have done for years with item vendors, because the fees are high, foot traffic to the area has been low, and my pets were sought after and good deal. I had bid on a first available stall and I wanted to move from the north section to the south section anyways because that’s where my pet vendors have always been in the past.

It has already been talked about in the bug reports where some people are saying their clothing items were returned by the warehouse superintendent with some people saying there’s were lost. Please take time to look into this before dismissing it as a non issue/ my fault kinda thing because I do believe this is an issue that should be fixed asap.. We should be able to dress up our pet vendors with whatever we want without losing the items just like we do with our contract vendors. We play this game to have nice items and display them when able to do so without fear of them going poof due to the game mechanics and not a on part of player neglect.
Terribly sorry to hear that this whole situation has happened to you. Unfortunately, this is one of those ancient game mechanics that don't seem to have been implemented well, and the description shown from the in-game photos shown don't appear to be accurate or working as stated. Even more disappointing is what appears to be the lack of assistance from the GM to help you in locating the items and instead pointing to a somewhat canned response about sending it to the bug report team.

With that said, Archnight's suggestions are probably best to follow to see if it gets you anywhere. As the Governor of New Magincia on Atlantic, I feel inclined to lend a hand however I can. Should you reach the point where contacting Mesanna is your only option, I'd be happy to assist in drafting the email and/or contacting her on your behalf.. or anything else that could be of assistance. If all attempts to recover your items fail and should you wish to replace the Phoenix armor, we can put out some feelers within the Rares community to get you new copies of the items you lost. Feel free to drop me a direct message or contact me via ICQ or Discord if you want to explore those options.

While I am sure it's not what you had hoped for, documenting this is a learning lesson for the community at large. Fingers crossed you are able to get the assistance required to recover your items - and apologies on behalf of New Magincia! :-/

the Stranger

Adventurer
Yes Merlin, I will DM you about contacting her on my behalf. Thank you very much for the kind response and your willingness to help, that matters a lot that there are people that care when things like this happen and as long as there are people like this in the community we can go very far when we come together!