• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I know that everyone is talking/not talking about new shard, but what about Halloween?

inquisitor

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Halloween has been a traditional event for perhaps 10 years and not a peep about it this year with October almost upon us?

Sweetpeez

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Demz said in uh da 'newsletter' dat demz doozin da normal grabyardz und pumpkin fields. Dere also doozin uh Ebent called 'The Undead Lords'. Guessin dat will beez da dungeon ebent.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm not 100% sure if it's going to be like the past Halloween events (minus last year) reward wise but I'm fairly confident that the new Treasures of tools that were put in place will give you exactly this with the Lord of Undead or whatever the October content is supposed to be

Once again @Sweetpeez beat me to it by a minute :gee:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They said on the other forums there would be the same trick or treat, graveyard and pumpkin events. Also said there will be a new pumpkin graphic. Its the busy time of year.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just happened to answer that Here :

October is right around the corner so I'd like to highlight our upcoming live release updates for October!

Trick or Treating
- Visit your local NPC with your beggar to collect all the goodies they might have. I am sure you will get enough candy to remedy your sweet tooth!
Skeletons - Make sure you visit your local cemetery to collect your bones!
Pumpkins Patches - Two new Jack o' Lantern designs, "The Wolf" and "Welcome"!
Treasures of Deceit - Undead creatures abound! Join in on the popular Halloween tradition! Please know the rewards that were given out during summer testing are NOT the rewards that will be given for this event that is going live. We have some really great rewards that I am sure you will want!

------------------------------------------------------------
One of my accounts is in a Guild called The Wolfpack. I know all of us will want that Pumpkin!

Sweet we already practiced Treasures of Deiceit!

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
halloween is another rehash of halloween for the past ten yrs. with the treasures of deceit a rehash of the thing they already did but with better rewards, which they had to do as the other stuff was utter crap.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
halloween is another rehash of halloween for the past ten yrs. with the treasures of deceit a rehash of the thing they already did but with better rewards, which they had to do as the other stuff was utter crap.
Because players ask for it again and again. Just like ToT.

Sweetpeez

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Meez lubz Halloween - nerg only dooz meez git to seez hummiez und flappiez dying - meez git to kill demz undead bonez tooz! MUWHAHAHAHAA!

Sweetpeez

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ooo meez lubz Gleek Marzapan espeschully da wunz dat hab ground upz flappiez wingz in itz.

Meez also uhgreez dat wulfz und ratz are nerg funz too - demz suckaz bitz yooz. Soo meez jus peez on demz und walkz uhway.

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
* wonders if the latest edition of goblins for peasants is up to date *
Maal sweetpeaz ten imi es sep doctthri. Ti neb curious ko does ahn aquike sep bones nef holloween?
dyel deep fried flapprit wings ha sun nom nom.

Sweetpeez

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hmm meez tinkz yoo iz yoozin da turd edition ob dat buuk. Weez on da tentf wun. (Itz pikturdz to kolor!)

Da nu edition wuld tell yooz iffn yooz feelin bad yooz gooz to da dokturdz only in da marchie monf - neber in spetermbur.
Beez kurious nerg longer hummie - da halloween bonez taste da bestest but yerg yooz harvest da flappie bonez in septemburz too. Itz iz uh slow procezz def nerg aquike wun - soo manie litta wingie bonez.
Anyting yooz deep friez will taste nom nom - esp iffn yooz batta demz in rotwurm gutz that were harbested on da full muun.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Because players ask for it again and again. Just like ToT.
Yeah well players must be 'simple' . I for one am over damn pumpkins how many years ? This why the game stagnates. Same stuff over and over and over and over.

Bones in cemeteries were neat the first time, ok the second time. Yawn the third time, and who the hell cares the fourth time. Good for clean up points yeah!

Sure if you missed em the first time you may like it . But come on every damn year for how many years? Butchers yet again? First time neat, ok ... you get it so over it.

I am not against rehasing stuff but do it on a three year cycle or something. This rinse repeat every bloody year is boring as hell.

People liked the format of TOTS. All they have to do is run a tots style event in Trammel, ie treasures of trammel or treasures of the lost lands, or treasures of abyss or treasures of malas, same deal all mobs drop stuff with NEW mini arties NEW major arties. Run it for 4 weeks a yr but make sure the rewards are nice and the major rewards are things actually worth having. Doesn't really need to be 'new' stuff but say rejig something that you can get in doom or the roof same mods etc just say a Floppy Hat of Magic based on HOM or something so you allow that kind of item another outlet for short term basis with a different look still a great item but they don't even have to think about it. Being short term is it not like it will get out of control It will allow those people that can't actually do some of the harder encounters like doom or the roof a way to get stuff for a short term.

But no we will get hashed out tokuno junk over and over, and not only that don't even get the good dyes that were the most wanted of the rewards. So other than the mempo pretty much everything else is junk. I understand we only got it this year as a time filler, it wasn't planned just switched on to take the pressure off em doing anything else so don't really care about the rehash of that, or of the invasions but Halloween has been rehashed now so many times. Last year I didn't bother with any of it. NONE.

Even now we are getting the same format for all these so called 'new' arcs, Same stuff kill a bunch of mobs in whatever dungeon is next get bits of armor drop hand it in and select from xyz junk. How many rounds of this are we now on? All they do is change the name and the color of the armor bits. Ok maybe the rewards will be ok, don't know havent seen em, but it is the same old same old format.

Then you actually get the NEW content, like the shrine battles or even this new quest for the concrete rune, and what do they actually do? Limit it to one per toon, and then to add insult to injury shard bound the things. It is like this is the new stuff and we will make it so you can't actually really work it we will limit you, yet here we go have some bloody PUMPKINS!

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@MissEcho - I understand what you are saying and I agree to a point with the recycling/rebranding of the same event every year because it does kind of seem like an extreme lack a creativity but you kind of contradict yourself when you say they should do a ToT style event for Tram... isn't that just the same thing recycled/rebranded with different rewards (exactly what the Halloween Treasures Of event will be)?

That said, they didn't do the treasures of event last year (so that was different) and did the soulbinder thing instead which was different but I personally would have preferred the treasures of event. Then again, I'm also that person that likes the seasons and looks forward to the pumpkin coffee etc this time of year because it's only offered this time of the year so I'm actually looking forward to the treasures of event for Halloween (which I think many others likely feel the same).

The main thing that will really decide if the Halloween event is "good" will be the rewards (similar to something you eluded to) because if it's like the rewards we got for the soulbinder turn in last year then I'll likely just get 1 set just to have (and like a bone armor treasure of suit) and wait for the next event... but if they give us a few worthwhile rewards, you better believe you will see me camped out in Deceit all October!

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just curious, why can't we have the round pumpkins back with the skinny ones? Player names on anything has always seemed to be a hit. Just saying.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Just curious, why can't we have the round pumpkins back with the skinny ones? Player names on anything has always seemed to be a hit. Just saying.
i wasn't able to test it on TC, all the pumpkin locations had nothing there when I tried.
but they should have all three pumpkins again
(large green watermelon wannabe with both the small and large orange pumpkins)
we won't know until it starts which one will have the new designs.
I hope the wolf and welcome are for the smaller ones.

people have asked to bring back the ability to pick up the small ones & have char names on them.
And they won't be doing that any more.
Or bringing back the others that light up.
I think thats why they added the funny faces to the trick or treat rewards.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@MissEcho - I understand what you are saying and I agree to a point with the recycling/rebranding of the same event every year because it does kind of seem like an extreme lack a creativity but you kind of contradict yourself when you say they should do a ToT style event for Tram... isn't that just the same thing recycled/rebranded with different rewards (exactly what the Halloween Treasures Of event will be)?

That said, they didn't do the treasures of event last year (so that was different) and did the soulbinder thing instead which was different but I personally would have preferred the treasures of event. Then again, I'm also that person that likes the seasons and looks forward to the pumpkin coffee etc this time of year because it's only offered this time of the year so I'm actually looking forward to the treasures of event for Halloween (which I think many others likely feel the same).

The main thing that will really decide if the Halloween event is "good" will be the rewards (similar to something you eluded to) because if it's like the rewards we got for the soulbinder turn in last year then I'll likely just get 1 set just to have (and like a bone armor treasure of suit) and wait for the next event... but if they give us a few worthwhile rewards, you better believe you will see me camped out in Deceit all October!
I don't think I contradict myself. People LIKE the format of TOTS. Ie EVERY critter on the whole land mass has the potential to 'drop' a mini arti, so players are not forced into ONE dungeon killing the same mobs over and over for drops. Problem with treasures of tokuno is that it has been done 3-4 times now in TOKUNO and that is what makes that get old. So if for example they did a Treasures of Ter Mur you could kill whatever you wanted in that whole area from easy things to hard things. It INCLUDES all level of player, you can be a 6 mth old toon or a 16 yr old toon, just pick your level of hardness. It is not the super toons that are the only players able to participate. I mean treasures of deceit that is just about to run with those paragon Rams is NOT something a newer player or even some experienced players can handle yet here we go again.

I also said it needed NEW mini artis (including a collection like the urns/swords only something different to collect/trade, there is so much they could offer up as collections) as well as hand in if you don't wanna collect. They could make a lot of basic armors with crap stats with +15 music or +15 alchemy (toss in any skill) that people could use for when they are training chars or hold to give to newbies who are training or just hand them in as you did the Tactical arms with tactics on. Make the Major artis 'new' stuff that is desireable, not over the top, just desireable. Eg how many arti bracelets are there with 20 SDI on them? none, but you can get lots of rings. And use the 4 week event to pick a 4-5 'Existing' artifacts like the mempo, HOM, ozy obi etc only make it a gorget , floopy hat or belt rather than the existing graphic, same slot just dif and put those as part of the major arti selection. So two new major arties or major dyes etc and 4 from exisiting highly sort existing stuff. That rewards need to change. TOTS with the same rewards over and over is what kills it.

I don't know about you, but I never do DOOM. If there was ONE dark father spawn I would but when you cop three I just cannot solo it in any kind of timely fashion if at all, and I cannot get a group who wants to spend 4 hours killing them. Not that I want to solo it but on small shards it is super hard to find people who wanna go and deal with that fight anymore. My alliance of 4 tried it a few times and we just gave it up as none of us run super high end sampires , and mine will hold it's own so that I can solo it but it takes FOREVER. And when you consider for the last 4 times we did try it and devoted HOURS to it none of us got a single drop. So yeah a source for those items other than that messed up thing would be good. I can do shadowguard easy enough but there a lot that can't. Same as stuff like the Stygian Dragon spawn etc, can't get people to do that either.

You have tokuno, trammel, malas, ter mur, stygian abyss (incl underword), lost lands, eodon so rotating this style of event through all those facets would provide NEW mobs to kill and it would take 7 yrs to move through all of them if you were gonna do a 4 week event once a yr, say in July or whenever. Just change the rewards for each facet, stuff like dyes are always good they don't impact gameplay, deco collections are good, basic training armors are good, all have use but don't unbalance or overpower, and 1-2 new artis per event plus an ability to get reformated existing artis would be great.

I am not saying 'don't' do Halloween, but for god's sake change it up.

ie Trick or Treat, great. Just offer NEW drops with it and change the damn candy to something else, maybe stackable cooking ingredients named for halloween but that could be USED in the cooking trade 'village idiots vanilla' etc. All the candy currently goes in the bin for clean up points. Stop piling on and on the old stuff that now has zero use or value, nothing worse when you are doing that and get the skull pike, even now the heads on spikes are just flooded, . Take them out and just offer the 'new ones' with one or two of the older ones. If it is added one year then it shouldn't reappear for say 3 yrs. So that the shards aren't flooded with the same stuff that just gets binned. It is just lazy coding to keep just adding stuff.

The butchers started in 2013 that is 7 years ago. Nothing changed, pumpkin carving kit. I have hundreds of em in a chest.
The killer pumpkins in fields give you what?, more pumpkins. Only thing that has changed is the graphic on em when carved, ok keep em, but add something new, Remember in 2011/12 these dropped masks, well why not get a new range of costumes (5-6) (ugly witch, mad wizard, evil ghoul etc) as a rare drop on em or creepy portraits of some description or ugly masks whatever. I might bother then.

My point with halloween is it is just so damn old and rehashed it is nothing but a yawn. I can't even be bothered to get my bones out of the cemetery, I mean how many do you want? I have another chest with those in.

It was 2006 (14 bloody years ago) that we had the dif event of the Griim Reapers etc that gave Twilight Lantern, Halloween Ghoul Statuette, The Grim Reaper’s Scythe Artifact Rarity 11. That was better than what we are getting now.

I didn't mind the soulbinders it was DIFFERENT. Not only that the rewards weren't that bad and the recipes have held their value, I got one of everything but did stock up on the recipes and cannons which have held their value and are good for sale I am still selling the excess ones now to those who didn't get them. I found it fun actually killing the dif mobs to fill the soulbinders (corgul, scalis etc and pirates not in a darn dungeon) and my crafter was busy making the things. So I disagree with your take on that. It was better than just bashing crap and handing it in and they did end up putting in some colored armors didn't they? It just had no turn in value. I really have no interest in colored armor that will just sit in a chest or on a mannequin. Yeah I do try for a bone set but that is about it.

Anyways I doubt with New Legacy that anything is gonna change on this for another 10 yrs so I have a feeling i will NOT be around to see it .

So much potential in this game, none of it realized.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am with you on the same old holiday stuff year after year. I could care less about sitting / searching fields for "killer" pumpkins again and again and again and again and.... Or hunting for butchers to carve the pumpkins that I wont be hunting for. Although, I will sell people the couple of dozen carving kits I collected because I had nothing better to do.

I liked the Grim Reaper event - we had it what one year? I have plenty of scythes collected somewhere. I would not mind more lanterns either. I do remember that was the event where people lost insured items due to a bug in it. I lost one item for sure because of it. Maybe that is why we never had it again?

The holiday events are so predictable for years now. Pumpkins / butchers, Krampus, Artisan Festival. Thanksgiving we get nothing since the giant turkey event.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I liked the bats... But Trick or Treating needs to change... New candies would be nice... would be nice to drop out some of the old stuff and bring back stuff from before... Creepy Cake and such... and like I said those nice white small webs... New things are good...

Would love to have new dyes... not the same old stuff... and its a shame the dyes don't work on more things. Pumpkins are getting old... I liked the Jack-O-Lanterns with my characters names on them... I'd like some new masks or something again with a spooky saying or something and personalized... Players like things with their character's names on them... "Trilla's Death Mask"... or "Jessie's Witch Mask"... or something... If you need to make it DEVs and EMs whatever... but really we like our names on stuff too... What about a costume??? Witch, Ghost, Goblin, Troll... Black Widow?

I really enjoyed sifting the sands in the desert... that was a fun event...

And what about giving Tamers a boon on a Holiday??? I'd like a Black Widow Spider... Or a special black cat... I remember the rabbit taming event... that was fun... How about something like that with Ravens... for folks shoulders instead of the Parrots... Taming cats that are specially colored... with a few rare colored cats... maybe rats? Giant Rats... Small Spiders?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@MissEcho - You wrote quite the novel so I didn't want to make my response super long by including it but again you are contradicting yourself :) . I'm not trying to insult you so please don't get all bent out of shape (again).

Basically you are saying that the "Treasures of" Halloween event is played out but then you say you want a recycled event like ToT (but for trammel) or whatever and even say they can keep using the same crappy rewards that can be turned in for other rewards. I understand that what you are really saying is that you are looking for new rewards and not the same old same old (like carving kits etc) but you haven't even seen what the Halloween event rewards are yet so why are you already complaining about it? Especially when you are suggesting they just recycle another type of event in it's place for unknown rewards but rewards that are basically "junk except for 1 thing" (mempo) as you have posted in other threads.

If you were just completely against recycling the same type of content (ie. ToT / Treasures Of for Halloween / Krampus) then I can see your point as the same type of content can become repetitive but for you to be outraged by the Halloween event being Treasures of Deceit (because it "the same old crap"), only to suggest it be a different type of the same exact system is a head scratcher (especially before the rewards come out and especially if you think last year's soulbinder rewards were any good).

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@MissEcho - You wrote quite the novel so I didn't want to make my response super long by including it but again you are contradicting yourself :) . I'm not trying to insult you so please don't get all bent out of shape (again).

Basically you are saying that the "Treasures of" Halloween event is played out but then you say you want a recycled event like ToT (but for trammel) or whatever and even say they can keep using the same crappy rewards that can be turned in for other rewards. I understand that what you are really saying is that you are looking for new rewards and not the same old same old (like carving kits etc) but you haven't even seen what the Halloween event rewards are yet so why are you already complaining about it? Especially when you are suggesting they just recycle another type of event in it's place for unknown rewards but rewards that are basically "junk except for 1 thing" (mempo) as you have posted in other threads.

If you were just completely against recycling the same type of content (ie. ToT / Treasures Of for Halloween / Krampus) then I can see your point as the same type of content can become repetitive but for you to be outraged by the Halloween event being Treasures of Deceit (because it "the same old crap"), only to suggest it be a different type of the same exact system is a head scratcher (especially before the rewards come out and especially if you think last year's soulbinder rewards were any good).
Its kinda comments like that 'bent out of shape' crap that is what actually just outright rude. I am NOT bent out of anything, I thought we were having a reasonable discussion, obviously not.

The difference between the format for "treasures of tokuno" is players are not forced to kill ONE type of mob in one dungeon. You can do spawns to get your drops, you can farm mongbats, you can do peerless you can select any mob in the facet that may already be in your normal gameplay with the added bonus of a drop. The reason I like the FORMAT of TOT is that you are NOT forced to doing one mob or one dungeon and the thing is based on what each individual likes to farm/kill and what template they wish to use as there is always something better suited to dif mobs. I have never said I don't like the format for TOT. However when they run Treasures of Tokuno in the same facet, Tokuno, over and over THEN it gets repetitive, especially if they don't change the rewards, that is when it needs to change..

I think you are kinda being a bit obtuse when you don't understand letting players 'decide' what mobs to farm and what level of difficulty they want to achieve their rewards is a hell of a lot different to these forced dungeon events.

EVERYTHING in this game is Kill X to get reward Y. It is the location and level of difficulty that is the only thing that can ever change unless they don't do 'kill' quests at all to get drops. Hence even though the premise is the same for something like TOT the actions to get the rewards are UP to the individual and how they wanna play so it can hardly be repetitive, it is UP to the player. Unlike stuff like treasures of deceit or the Kotl thing where you are all forced into ONE dungeon. All I am saying is they are starting to get totally repetitive and THAT is what I don't like.

But if you don't wanna see what I am getting at all good, whatever. I am NOT looking for new rewards as you put it but a change of format for some of these 'events' and I am thinking with this new engine they have just put in we can expect more and more of identical arcs as now it is easy for them to just dump an npc outside a dungeon and flip the switch on what you gotta get and hand in to get your trinkets.

As for Halloween We have been advised:

Trick or Treating - Visit your local NPC with your beggar to collect all the goodies they might have. I am sure you will get enough candy to remedy your sweet tooth! <----------- to throw in the bin as I did with all last yrs candy.
Skeletons - Make sure you visit your local cemetery to collect your bones! <--------- I already have a chestful of these, why am I not thrilled?
Pumpkins Patches - Two new Jack o' Lantern designs, "The Wolf" and "Welcome"! <------------ yeah *Yawn*

Treasures of Deceit - Undead creatures abound! <------------ Sure there may be some much better rewards, I hope so, however the 'format' of forcing all players into one dungeon where newbie chars will have difficulty due to paragon rams and stuff that jumps on you having targeted you through the wall will stop a lot of newer players. But fine, if you are ok with that all good too.

I actually don't CARE what the rewards for halloween are and I am not complaining about stuff I haven't seen, they maybe great. But all that above is NOT great it is a repeat of the past 7 years of Halloween. That is what I am so called 'complaining' about. Whatever trinkets they dump in this year I am sure I will get tons of em, but I don't wanna be bored to death to get them. THAT IS MY POINT.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Its kinda comments like that 'bent out of shape' crap that is what actually just outright rude. I am NOT bent out of anything, I thought we were having a reasonable discussion, obviously not.
Sorry I stopped reading after this. Take a chill pill and then maybe I'll consider giving you anymore time out of my day ;)

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know about you, but I never do DOOM. If there was ONE dark father spawn I would but when you cop three I just cannot solo it in any kind of timely fashion if at all, and I cannot get a group who wants to spend 4 hours killing them. Not that I want to solo it but on small shards it is super hard to find people who wanna go and deal with that fight anymore. My alliance of 4 tried it a few times and we just gave it up as none of us run super high end sampires , and mine will hold it's own so that I can solo it but it takes FOREVER. And when you consider for the last 4 times we did try it and devoted HOURS to it none of us got a single drop. So yeah a source for those items other than that messed up thing would be good. I can do shadowguard easy enough but there a lot that can't. Same as stuff like the Stygian Dragon spawn etc, can't get people to do that either.
Dark Fathers don't require super high-end sampire outfits. I haven't done it in a while, but when I did, it was 3 Sampires that could kill a DF in like 5 minutes. We did have Bard Mastery buffs if I remember right, but we had everything down to a science. My suit? Six year old crafted/imbued gear. Also had a Conjurer's Trinket to deal with the adds + a Double Axe so I could switch from Onslaught Double Strike to Whirlwind when needed.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Dark Fathers don't require super high-end sampire outfits. I haven't done it in a while, but when I did, it was 3 Sampires that could kill a DF in like 5 minutes. We did have Bard Mastery buffs if I remember right, but we had everything down to a science. My suit? Six year old crafted/imbued gear. Also had a Conjurer's Trinket to deal with the adds + a Double Axe so I could switch from Onslaught Double Strike to Whirlwind when needed.
I've done Doom many times in June/July/August while waiting for the new content to roll out. The number of dark fathers spawned is directly impacted by number of people there; so the claim that you "cop 3 DFs" might happen once if a group left before killing them but would reset after server up and would start with the first room. Again the claim is it's a super small shard (not ATL) so I don't see there continuously being 3 spawned. Likely it happened once and that was enough for her to act like that's how Doom works because that fits her complaint.

Just chalk this up to some people like to say there are issues when there are not (especially when trying to make it support their claim).

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've done Doom many times in June/July/August while waiting for the new content to roll out. The number of dark fathers spawned is directly impacted by number of people there; so the claim that you "cop 3 DFs" might happen once if a group left before killing them but would reset after server up and would start with the first room. Again the claim is it's a super small shard (not ATL) so I don't see there continuously being 3 spawned. Likely it happened once and that was enough for her to act like that's how Doom works because that fits her complaint.
I'm aware that # of people = more Dark Fathers - two of us used multiple clients (I'd bring a Tamer down there and used either that or a Sampire depending on the room.) It isn't hard to pull one, let the other two stay where they are, and kill each one. I'm not sure how you do it, but when they rubberband back to their spawn point, don't chase after them. They'll come back to you. This was on LS, btw. So I know it can be done on small population shards.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Just chalk this up to some people like to say there are issues when there are not (especially when trying to make it support their claim).
Ya know what mate? You know nothing. I have done doom many times too. So what because you didn't like what I had to say re your obtuse comments before, that you couldn't even bother debating as after one paragraph your attention span falls to the level of a gnat, you think you are gonna just dump on anything I say now and launch in with personal attacks on my character. Really ? HOW about you just STFU if you have bugger all to add.

I have solo'd this thing a number of times but the time it takes is NOT worth it for getting no rewards in MY OPINION which I am actually ENTITLED to have. Fact is 9/10 times I have gone into doom there are already 2-3 DF's spawned (hence solo'ing them becomes a DRAG) as the group before either did the rooms then left the DF's or just didn't bother to kill em off as they failed. I did a dozen or so times on siege with other groups, which they can attest to, and we never just pulled ONE DF as when you have a group (this was groups of 3-4) you nearly always pull 3. As for Oceania I have done it solo and with groups of two, three and four and we had the same results with the number of DF's. And yes we killed them all again, the time taken wasn't worth the time considering no one got a drop so we gave it up and don't bother with it any more. You get much better value and worthwhile drops at shadowguard which I also solo.

You think you are the ONLY player who knows how things work? Sheesh what a bloody ego you have. Yeah you let me know when you are gonna go solo it and I will come and watch that too. Especially if when you get there are are already 3 you have to kill before you can start. Come on show me how damn brilliant you are.

I have every right to make comments on any board. I make comments without so much as mentioning any other player nor their views, yet people such as yourself want to jump in and start on personal attacks. You did it when I was making a comment above that was in response to something not even referencing you. Don't bother responding to anything I have to say in future as you are just a TROLL.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You should get one DF if alone. But you dont know if a hidden player is there so you can get more than one. A group gets 3 DFs.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You should get one DF if alone. But you dont know if a hidden player is there so you can get more than one. A group gets 3 DFs.
Yeah I know. You also can't predict how many are in there before you enter. Like I said, I am quite capable of solo'ing it. And I do, but for the time involved for the lack of drops, and the fact that it is so unpredictable means that I don't really bother as there are better encounters with more predictable rewards. It is very rare that I do shadowguard and don't get a drop, Doom however I have done a dozen times for zip. So on that basis it is not worth my time to bother with. Hence my comment above, which was not me complaining about doom (only about getting in there to find 3df's that others have left and it being a pain in the butt to deal with ) per se but saying it would be nice if for 4 weeks a yr the devs could add some 'existing' artis that already drop to some other types of encounters so that those players who don't or can't for whatever reason do them have the option of obtaining said things somewhere else for a limited time, which is not a huge ask. It is a way for devs to offer up some content to players that wouldn't require them to do any extra coding as the stuff already exists but would 'refresh' the available rewards on some encounters. Again for a limited time. I bet you a million if for 4 weeks they allowed doom artis to drop in "say" peerless encounters or a treasures of trammel event those encounters would have hundreds doing them. Not just doom rewards but all other boss fights, rotate them around.

But that other moron just wants to troll so meh. No point trying to have logical discussions about any topic with people like that who just wanna troll.

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I also have done Doom solo Sampire, DF solo multiple times, NEVER ONE DF spawned, always two DF, you have to drag one away from the other one, then take looong time to kill one, then the other one, use up a lot of apples and damage points to your armor, and never any decent drop even after accumulating the proper "points", and after all the time spent there got ring of the elements, and 150 DF bloods (woopie!). The main good thing there is you can rez at the healer, and the intensity of the fight. No real tangible rewards for this much effort. The Gauntlet and DF have been largely abandoned by the Dev. If there were more rewards more people would venture there. I see one player there, and thats after I finish the rooms and esp the Renderers that are such a treat, but can be done with sampire if you get your heals properly timed or if you get them with taming.
Agree that there is no real tangible reward, and there is better content. Unless you want to do it for challenge, and sharpen your sampire skills.
All the Dev needs to do is UP the loot drop rate, esp the pack drops just a notch, and get rid of the 2 DF spawning for single solo fighter. If you don't believe this, check it yourself, go there finish all the rooms, be solo, and see how many DF's spawn. No good drops, and sadly no recipies we are supposed to be getting there. The DEV should be made aware of this, and have hubby in QA check it out!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Been that way forever... Usually, if I go down there... Three DF's are almost always there... usually because there are hidden thieves about... doing nothing but waiting for something to spawn...

And I can do doom 10 times in a row and get nothing every time... Doesn't matter the drop rate is so insanely low no one you ask ever wants to go down there... Its just as bad as many other places I can never get anyone to go because they spend hours working at it and get NOTHING... like Despise, Shadowguard (while you all seem to get stuff left and right I go and 9 times out of 10 get NOTHING)... and many other things... at least with Travisty, Medusa, Lady M, Dreadhorn... someone usually gets some bit of trash loot to throw away for points... a Hair Dye and Mask or something that stone dagger and such... people like to toss for points... so yeah... Doom not so much... Unless you are my friend Dark Knight then you get a drop everywhere you go and everyone else wants to kill you... because you get one EVERY SINGLE TIME... and on back to back DFs... get Ornies no doubt... enough to make you want to vomit...

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
two new pumpkins to carve.... this is one of them (Welcome) - the other with that Wolf still need to be found

1601533183307.png

Update: Found the second ;), Lights are on

1601534093981.png

Lights are off:

1601534175106.png

Aunt Edit Nr. 4: If this is also available for the large orange pumpkin and the "melon" - the green one I don't know, I did not test it, but maybe someone with a bit more ambition to find this out will do :)

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There are no new green pumpkins in the Art Files ... I can tell you that right now.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Folks, please keep it respectful and take a step back on the name calling. There is good conversation here but there is no need for the jabs.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I always look forward to Halloween. Sure we have the same content, but it's like that irl too yes? At least it's something different to do in game. I am always hoping for pretty colored bones...I got a pretty pink one last year of a guildie and Larisa has a nice red one but I want more! I also change my overhead name to see if I can get bones with all of my titles.

The candy and duplicate pumpkins are good for turn in points too, not the small round ones though.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
So did they add new things for trick or treating? Or is it supposed to be a surprise?

Also like the looks of the wolf and welcome pumpkins , their artists have really stepped it up a notch .

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
That wolf pumpkin is pretty neat! Any way we could hold a pumpkin like a lantern? lol Could be some fun RP developed from there.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I always look forward to Halloween. Sure we have the same content, but it's like that irl too yes? At least it's something different to do in game. I am always hoping for pretty colored bones...I got a pretty pink one last year of a guildie and Larisa has a nice red one but I want more! I also change my overhead name to see if I can get bones with all of my titles.

The candy and duplicate pumpkins are good for turn in points too, not the small round ones though.
I like knowing that I can go to the pumpkin patches and get pumpkins to carve... and kinda counting on it... though I prefer a different shaped pumpkin than those hideous tall skinny ones... they are just silly looking... I would prefer larger round ones... but meh...

I like the bones and always have... really like the newer ones that are somewhat big but really nice looking. Though I think the LEAST they could do would be to introduce new colors every now and then... I mean that would at least give everyone something new to be excited over... with minimal work on their part.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Someone made 4 Harbingers at Moonglow.
1601578886584.png

Then they made 5. Named skeletons all over the place...

1601578950806.png

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And got old Mcdonald killed! Thats it! Revenge! I wonder who would do that...

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Folks, please keep it respectful and take a step back on the name calling. There is good conversation here but there is no need for the jabs.
Aye well seems some people can't debate respectfully and need to hide all their vitriol in unleashed lol. I rarely read that forum nor do I ever intend to post in it as from my reading it is where a lot of people with poor debating skills go to throw tantrums. Either that or it is the place kinda like where the 12 yr olds go to snigger their immature attacks on people. If you have to resort to that sort of thing you have totally lost any arguement or debate. You will never see me START with a personal attack but I will always defend my position when attacked. I don't like being trolled and will also call that out. My views on Halloween have been pretty much clearly stated so there is nothing more to say really.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
October 5 - 9, 2020 - Treasures of Deceit goes live! Venture deep inside the treacherous dungeon Deceit to slay creatures and collect artifacts for turnin to claim treasures!

only for 5 days?????

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
October 5 - 9, 2020 - Treasures of Deceit goes live! Venture deep inside the treacherous dungeon Deceit to slay creatures and collect artifacts for turnin to claim treasures!

only for 5 days?????
That's the rollout, not the duration of the event. They will be manually starting the event (champ spawn) to several shards each day next week.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Champ spawn - black gate will start this week, treasures of deceit next week