• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I just dont understand this!

S

Sheri_UO

I just dont understand this:

Why are people not banned for cheating using 3erd party programs during pvp?

EA should ban 20 people per shard per week untill this is fixed. I cant believe after all these years NOTHING has been done to fix this issue.

After playing for 114 mth's, I think its safe to say you just dont care.

I dont want to hear about punkbuster or KR or any other lip service. I'd like to see results on the field. Talk is cheap, we all know that so how about making a real effert to deal with this issue.

Thanks

O

OptPrime

speed hacking does need a fix, but it seems people who usually are on the losing end often think the other players are cheating. I get accused all the time, even of speedhacking even though i never ping under 80 and am almost always slower then everyone around.

Keep paging, if they are cheating, eventually they will get caught.

G

Same reason the gm's don't do anything about harassment anymore, infact I dont think gm's exist anymore..
I paged on 3 seperate occasions about a certain someone calling me the "N" word.. and nothing, this person is still in game day after day saying the same things... nothing happens, so can't beat em, join em!

I

imported_archite666

hate to tell you this, but theres a brand new hack thats the opposite of a speed hack, iv seen it on my shard, maybe not a hack but definitly an exploit, when running by a certain group of people, the memory Client.exe uses goes from like 25k to 200k in a splint second and I act like im on dial up back in atlantic till I close and reopen the game...:(

I

imported_ParadoxUO

welcome to the world of the Very Important Pvpers...

You will need razor sharp reflexes to survive!

K

Kat SP

<blockquote><hr>

We live in a different world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, we live in the same world, we just have different dev's that still won't do a damn thing about it.

I

imported_ParadoxUO

time to be serious for a second...

Already done:
- Gauntlet artefacts, easy to get now.
- Runic kits, easy to get now.
- duped items under threat and houses burning and no one complaining.
- easy money making from selling to NPCs removed from the game.
- duped items vanishing and devs not worrying nor folk complaining.

Under development:
- house scripters under fire.
- anti cheating measures.

I think it was a very promising start... and it re-ignited the flame of many players... both new and veterans.

G

I would imagine that PvP-type cheating is harder to prove to a high degree of confidence. Are there measurements that you can think of that would unambiguously separate cheaters from very good, low-ping non-cheaters pushing every quirky advantage possible.