• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I hope this year won't be the disappointment last year was!

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
September 25, Will be the 11th anniversary of Ultima Onlines launch. And nary a peep from anyone (what a surprise) about the anniversary coming up.

So I pose the query, is the 11th one of those top secret things no one can talk about?
Or is it just gonna be ignored and forgotten, kinda like the 10th was?

Will we be tossed more tokens and perhaps a rehue of the 6th anny stuff, thereby making the originals less collectible?

Someone somewhere needs to be thinking on it, cause Time marches on...

C

Connor_Graham

I could use a few more Heritage tokens. Seems I'm running short of what I need for deco for the new house.

I do have to agree with you though. The 10th anniversary was pretty anticlimactic. :sleep2:

If it had been a woman......you would have heard:

"Are you done yet?" :next:

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is this a wish list?? cause if it is, I'll start it off :)

I want more fireworks wands, never seem to have enough of those, and I want them to work in both clients

I want a saddle and bridle to put on my pony, and a stableboy to hand the reins to when I'm at home

I'll think of more, this is just to get it started :p

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL
If I treated ANY anniversary like they did the 10th, umm, well suffice it to say, it woulda been ugly here LMAO

R

RenaLynne

I want a whirlpool tub for my house. (Stole this idea from another thread but it sounds really awesome) Err...I guess Devs can make it time period appropriate.

Tek

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
11th? gee I thought we were still waiting for the 10th anniversary celebration to start...

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As it was last year, you probably won't hear anything from them until the last week of August or first week of September, and then it will be the standard message of too soon to talk about it but something is in the works. Maybe everyone will get a token to get a Spring Cleaning item.

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, mebbe we'll all get free subscription to WHO for the UO Anniversary.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm hoping with all the silence they have something great in store for this years anniversary.
I've been wrong before, but "no news is good news" generally doesn't apply to MMORPGs. The focus this year was to be the live events and although they've certainly been fun, they also definitely aren't going according to the plan-A schedule.

K

kennykilleduo

September 25, Will be the 11th anniversary of Ultima Onlines launch. And nary a peep from anyone (what a surprise) about the anniversary coming up.

So I pose the query, is the 11th one of those top secret things no one can talk about?
Or is it just gonna be ignored and forgotten, kinda like the 10th was?

Will we be tossed more tokens and perhaps a rehue of the 6th anny stuff, thereby making the originals less collectible?

Someone somewhere needs to be thinking on it, cause Time marches on...
10th anni was the WORST event EVER in UO..

11th anni will be no different ( just some silly gifts) , top secret info will be vet rewards , more bug fixes , maybe a half done expansion , but my money is it will not come out this year even..

Sorry EA Mythic is here to kill UO and it's community , our dev's used to post here so much, now its nothing..

R

Radun

aren't we being a bit presumptuous? you're lucky you ever got a gift in the first place.
you all remind me of the nephew who comes running to the door on Christmas morning, not to greet but to ask "where's my present?"

the dev team doesn't have to give you anything for you to celebrate the occasion. go ahead and plan a big event with your friends and family, and you can all celebrate 11 good years of playing uo together... You probably won't though. you just want your gift.

F

Flora Green

There's always someone who thinks it's all about the gifts. :next:

aren't we being a bit presumptuous? you're lucky you ever got a gift in the first place.
you all remind me of the nephew who comes running to the door on Christmas morning, not to greet but to ask "where's my present?"

the dev team doesn't have to give you anything for you to celebrate the occasion. go ahead and plan a big event with your friends and family, and you can all celebrate 11 good years of playing uo together... You probably won't though. you just want your gift.

R

Radun

There's always someone who thinks it's all about the gifts. :next:
well... yeah... everyone here... nobody has said anything about anything BUT gifts.

it's either, "I want a _____" or "I hope they don't devalue our past gifts"

Raina

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Considering what a landmark year a 10th anniversary should have been.. I really don't expect them to 'celebrate' any more unless they can find a way to nickle and dime their customers again.

~Rai

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Arrrr, methinks ye wants a cabana boy as well!
hmm... I'll consider putting that on the list

for you, Silly Seadog, I wish for buffeting, howling, ship tossing storms at sea ;) requiring woodworkers to repair masts and tailors for the sails..and if you manage to best a kraken during this storm, an increased booty from the corpse

K

kennykilleduo

Any ideas on what would be good for anni this year?

Mine would be a huge marketing push for UO , UOSA coming out before 2009...