• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I havnt logged in for over a year. Questions!

Mithryl Elves

Elves Suck
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok when i was the GM of my guild. It was complete with walls tier I and II throughout. Just needed upgraded to be finished. Any way of knowing if it would still be there in over a year of being inactive?

Also how is teh game now? Are there alot of people playing it? Myself and a bunch of friends were on Tyranny and have talked about reinstalling the game but if it still has problems and our city is gone theres no point.

H

Hukk

I have no idea if you guild city is still there. As for coming back, that's your choice. I myself just canceled my account because of the total FUBAR to AoC that Funcom did with patch 1.05. It's not the game that I've enjoyed playing since day one of the pre-start.

The game is just a buggy as it's always been, FC is still stingy as hell with information on any and everything, the loot tables are still chinzy and unbalanced, and they still dont listen to their playerbase/testers, so no change there.

M

matthewjames

Hello! I like many players was really excited and let down by the launch of AoC. Played till lvl 35 and cancelled. I would HIGHLY recommend going back for a month to try it all over, I suggest a new character. The game is amazing now, Funcom has worked out everything and server populations, while not amazing, are really good. Of course, don't roll on a PvP server if you dont wanna get ganked :p. The new instances are very well made and thought out. They actually provide a challenge and are not linear like most other games.

So give it a try I'd say. I am "Kingdb" on Tyranny. If you decide to give it a go, my xfire is matthewjames. Hope that helped your decision :)

X

Xora

Matthew-

Like a lot of people, I quit 2 years ago and am considering a return. My interest is PvP, not PvE, and Tyranny would be my server choice. My concern is restarting, buying the expansion, spending a couple weeks getting reacquainted with the game, and then finding out PvP is still broken. Sieges that don't work. Battlekeeps that don't mean anything. Mini-games having more importance than world PvP. A few guilds always replaying the same fights instead of many guilds creating a dynamic political front. You get the idea. Darkfall, my current game, has beautiful PvP content and nothing else. The result is a dead server. Moving from one dead game to the next isn't a step in the right direction. Any insight you can offer into Tyranny PvP and player base?

Thanks

PS- The original post was quite a long time ago so many people have more information. I'm in a similar situation. I ran a guild on Deathwhisper and controlled a T3 city with massive amount of resources. I read on AoC forums where someone said if you chose to tranfer you only kept bank and bag, but if they forced your transfer you kept cities/guilds/etc. I'm very curious if that applies to inactive accounts as well.

M

matthewjames

Matthew-

Like a lot of people, I quit 2 years ago and am considering a return. My interest is PvP, not PvE, and Tyranny would be my server choice. My concern is restarting, buying the expansion, spending a couple weeks getting reacquainted with the game, and then finding out PvP is still broken. Sieges that don't work. Battlekeeps that don't mean anything. Mini-games having more importance than world PvP. A few guilds always replaying the same fights instead of many guilds creating a dynamic political front. You get the idea. Darkfall, my current game, has beautiful PvP content and nothing else. The result is a dead server. Moving from one dead game to the next isn't a step in the right direction. Any insight you can offer into Tyranny PvP and player base?

Thanks

PS- The original post was quite a long time ago so many people have more information. I'm in a similar situation. I ran a guild on Deathwhisper and controlled a T3 city with massive amount of resources. I read on AoC forums where someone said if you chose to tranfer you only kept bank and bag, but if they forced your transfer you kept cities/guilds/etc. I'm very curious if that applies to inactive accounts as well.
Sure not a problem! The PvP has been fixed and sieges are no longer broken. Population is fairly good on Tyranny! I'm in a guild called The Dark Knights. Found them on day one of returning to the game, best choice ever. As for political, they have changed up the siege system a little. The borderlands has been divided into ende, aquilonion, cimerian etc. They are all one zone. There are massive fights for area, general public assualts on guild battlekeeps etc. Plus they have the criminal system.

C

CaptRex

Ok when i was the GM of my guild. It was complete with walls tier I and II throughout. Just needed upgraded to be finished. Any way of knowing if it would still be there in over a year of being inactive?

Also how is teh game now? Are there alot of people playing it? Myself and a bunch of friends were on Tyranny and have talked about reinstalling the game but if it still has problems and our city is gone theres no point.

I guess you have update your drivers and re-install the game as well..