• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I have a dream. (Bring Chaos/Order back)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My dream of a perfect Ultima is just but one tiny thing that wouldn't hurt anyone that wasn't willing to join. I would like Chaos/Order of old to resume but with one minor adjustment which is already coded out and implimented.

Pvp on any facet with the risk it would come at anytime or place really was the best and the most enjoyable times i've ever had in Ultima. I would love to sport the Chaos tag once again but with a small change adding in the TC1 Kill/Death counter.

The counter should be worked to ignore count farming but other than that no rewards/no stat loss but just some hardy pvp anytime, anywhere. Before anyone speaks negative, i have 4 faction characters already and love it, but one can never get enough PvP.

The codes are already written so it shouldn't be too great of a task, it will not effect anyone who isn't 100% willing to join and there's no special rewards to create.

V

Vyal

Yes I think this is a great idea I can't say nothing bad great idea....

D

Der Rock

Pvp on any facet with the risk it would come at anytime or place really was the best and the most enjoyable times i've ever had in Ultima. I would love to sport the Chaos tag once again but with a small change adding in the TC1 Kill/Death counter.

Almost a good idea, but only almost.
let us change the Chaos/Order into a PvP ON/OFF switch on the paperdoll, then i am 100% for PvP on ANY facet

DEAL ?

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Almost a good idea, but only almost.
let us change the Chaos/Order into a PvP ON/OFF switch on the paperdoll, then i am 100% for PvP on ANY facet

DEAL ?
thats too trammy, then its like ok i wanna pvp now... an hour later ok im done pvping lemme go kill monsters in peace...... the fun about order/chaos was being caught off guard when you were doing something important and all of a sudden u'd be getting attacked

D

Der Rock

..... the fun about order/chaos was being caught off guard when you were doing something important and all of a sudden u'd be getting attacked

for who, you or the other?

ah,i see, you defend those "risk vs. reward" thing.......

true PvP player could kill easy the wounded dragon killer.....

No thx,pls stay hidden in fel or siege ;)

G

Gareth_TBH

for who, you or the other?

ah,i see, you defend those "risk vs. reward" thing.......

true PvP player could kill easy the wounded dragon killer.....

No thx,pls stay hidden in fel or siege ;)
You act as if there is only one character slot available and that you would never be able to pvm in peace. There are plenty of spots for the characters you don't want subject to pvp should you CHOOSE to join order/chaos.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... Trash ...
Pvp on any facet
... Trash ...
The only thing you want and it is obvious as all you need to do is step through the Moongate to Felluca and you consent to PvP all you need to do is step back through the Moongate to NON Felluca (if you can) and you resend your consent to PvP.

Go make The Felluca West Britain Bank the center of attention again. :pint:

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I loved being a chaos member, I also loved running up to a bank seeing a few order pukes, they got fresh tried to gank and got droped and looted. I loved the point of also being in a dungeon anywhere and haveing to be on guard for any order pukes.

I would love for it to be back and am also to unsure why it was removed. Going to a bank and putting on a order shield just to destroy it was fun. I still carry and use my old chaos shield to this day.

Makaveli

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
good idea i loved to play faction and order/chaos more pvp :D id deffenetly love this back

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's no need for negative posts. Chaos/Order WAS the pvp system before factions. There was no stat loss, no big rewards so there's really nothing to lose but a few supplies.

My memory is lacking the years past but i do believe when you quit it was either instant or done in an extremely short matter of time. It wasn't like waiting days to get out. So no biggie. PvP when you want to.

Vyal: I believe it was posted that it was taken out so more people would try the newly made factions.

R

RavenWinterHawk

Simplicity: 2 sides.

Order or Chaos.
Good or Evil.

Whatever.

Keep factions using 2 sides.

See if order or chaos reigns supreme in Felucca.

I never understood why the had to go with 4.

V

Vyal

I hate the fact you can only fight in fel and there is no other place or way to fight in tram, on Legends I was actually tempted to make two guilds that stay at war and can fight anyplace...

Ide like Draconi to respond to this thread about bringing chaos order back to the game,

V

Vyal

Because I do,
I have been playing since the game was made and thats how it's supposed to be.

S

StifledArgument

Because I do,
And when the game was this way, it made me leave. I left for awhile because of being ganked by groups of people who thought they had skill when it was 5 to 1.

I don't have an issue with people flagging themselves for pvp on a facet if they want to fight wherever, but if the game ever goes back to the nightmare it was in 1997, I am done...

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because I do,
I have been playing the game since the begining and that was tried and dee4med a huge failure.

The way it is supposed to be played NOW is that if you want to PvP then go to Siege or Felluca, if you don't want to PvP then stay the heck out of there.

Now then why do you so desperately want to PvP amongst those that have CHOSEN AND CONTINUE TO CHOOSE to not PvP.

Are you lonely because everyone but you choose to NOT PvP?

Do you want to impress those that have chosen to NOT PvP?

What is your obsession with PvPing in Trammel? Lets us guess your reply. Well Trammel should never have been made.

OH I SEE, so why don't you go to Siege PO.? :pint:

D

Der Rock

Because I do,
if this would be true what you say, then WHY the dev´s had to give fel
double resources
champ scrolls
harrower stat scrolls

why?

if the game was made for pvp, then why 95% of the player dont like the so called
uo pvp?

why isn´t fel the place no.1 for the majority?

give this game a true paperdoll pvp on / off switch, then all those luring victims debates whould have an end.
as long as uo pvp is only build on ambushing victims, 95% of all players will stay away
that´s not my opinion, that´s fact ;)

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WHY?
what´s the different if you pvp in fel or in malas? explain !
My chaos charactor is not a murderer or one who kills bluebies, I stand for the POWER that Chaos is, I enjoy fighting in areas that do not have "ganks the majority of the time" If I wanted that I would play at yew gate. Order/Chaos is not the item dependant factioneers who rack up points to use items, Only thing I care about is MY Chaos shield, That is reward enough for me. If one does not wish to participate pvp in Trammel settings, then there is a simple action, do not go to the castle and join a side.

Here I will help get the story going....

Upon deep investigations into clockwork based creatures, was a sinister plot behind them. there was an eerie familar of the air that wafted from their quirky movements, however it could not be placed. There were many creatures that had been copied into mechanical creatures, whose habitat originate deep into Ter Mur and the deep caverns of the land. What Chaotic theory could be behing these contraptions, scorpions, chickens, vollems. Looking deep into the workings of these creatures there WAS a sinister plot!! It seems by useing the gem of imortality Lord Blackthorn was able to obtain the ability to mirror image himself stealing that knowledge from teh tree hugging elfs, then chose to live in the deep caverns of the abyss as a polymorphed gargoyle useing the magics of Britania, now with the knowledge of the clockwork and how to make "clones" of creatures and the encroachment of the citizens of Britania, the Lord Blackthorn is just about complete in his journeys of total world domination. Before Lord Blackthorn's polymorphed figured was dispelled among the gargoyles, he used his piece of teh gem to escape into another unknown land. Lord Blackthorn left a oddly marked book behind that shows his journeys to different lands however it was mostly destroyed, and only a fraction of his knowledge is known to the new queen Dawn who is putting back Order army to defend against the chaos army, was seen shakeing in her boots scared that she would be chased off perminately from Britania. Lord Blackthorn left specific directions for those who have been loyal to him, delcareing that any order member slayed should be marked with the message.......

D

Der Rock

My chaos charactor is not a murderer or one who kills bluebies, I stand for the POWER that Chaos is, I enjoy fighting in areas that do not have "ganks the majority of the time" If I wanted that I would play at yew gate. Order/Chaos is not the item dependant factioneers who rack up points to use items, Only thing I care about is MY Chaos shield, That is reward enough for me.

Here I will help get the story going....

Upon deep investigations into clockwork based creatures, was a sinister plot behind them. there was an eerie familar of the air that wafted from their quirky movements, however it could not be placed. There were many creatures that had been copied into mechanical creatures, whose habitat originate deep into Ter Mur and the deep caverns of the land. What Chaotic theory could be behing these contraptions, scorpions, chickens, vollems. Looking deep into the workings of these creatures there WAS a sinister plot!! It seems by useing the gem of imortality Lord Blackthorn was able to obtain the ability to mirror image himself stealing that knowledge from teh tree hugging elfs, then chose to live in the deep caverns of the abyss as a polymorphed gargoyle useing the magics of Britania, now with the knowledge of the clockwork and how to make "clones" of creatures and the encroachment of the citizens of Britania, the Lord Blackthorn is just about complete in his journeys of total world domination. Before Lord Blackthorn's polymorphed figured was dispelled among the gargoyles, he used his piece of teh gem to escape into another unknown land. Lord Blackthorn left a oddly marked book behind that shows his journeys to different lands however it was mostly destroyed, and only a fraction of his knowledge is known to the new queen Dawn who is putting back Order army to defend against the chaos army, was seen shakeing in her boots scared that she would be chased off perminately from Britania. Lord Blackthorn left specific directions for those who have been loyal to him, delcareing that any order member slayed should be marked with the message.......
nice story, but i nowhere can read this :
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OP:pvp on any facet with the risk it would come at anytime or place really was the best and the most enjoyable times i've ever had in Ultima. I would love to sport the Chaos tag once again but with a small change adding in the TC1 Kill/Death counter.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:)
the only thing i absolutly hate,are poser.
what they like to show?
hey look i´ve killed 66 farmer,75 miner.......bad they wear the wrong shield...noobs :coco:

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nice story, but i nowhere can read this :
OP:pvp on any facet with the risk it would come at anytime or place really was the best and the most enjoyable times i've ever had in Ultima. I would love to sport the Chaos tag once again but with a small change adding in the TC1 Kill/Death counter.
:)
the only thing i absolutly hate,are poser.
what they like to show?
hey look i´ve killed 66 farmer,75 miner.......bad they wear the wrong shield...noobs :coco:
you missed my edit to the reply, here is the simple way to avoid pvp in trammel rulesets

If one does not wish to participate pvp in Trammel settings, then there is a simple action, do not go to the castle and join a side.

M

mjolnir131

My dream of a perfect Ultima is just but one tiny thing that wouldn't hurt anyone that wasn't willing to join. I would like Chaos/Order of old to resume but with one minor adjustment which is already coded out and implimented.

The counter should be worked to ignore count farming but other than that no rewards/no stat loss but just some hardy pvp anytime, anywhere. Before anyone speaks negative, i have 4 faction characters already and love it, but one can never get enough PvP.

The codes are already written so it shouldn't be too great of a task, it will not effect anyone who isn't 100% willing to join and there's no special rewards to create.
great basic idea i love it with one minor tweek chaos/order = no insurance for that char

Tiny Dancer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great idea! Would be a nice exciting change from the day to day of basic pvping and faction activities.

This definately gets my vote!

S

StifledArgument

Yes, but then pointing that out might ruin his argument. :D

S

Serine

I would love to have order / chaos back :thumbup:

And for the people complaining. Why ?? Are you guys even scared of seeing pvp ? You dont have to join :thumbdown:

Y

Yalp

In suggesting you have to "consent" to pvp anytime/anywhere by joining the order/choas sides, you offer a solution that circumvents the mistakes of old which nearly killed the game. However I see a major flaw with your suggestion.

If your choices are:

A) open yourself up to ganking anytime anywhere during any activity

or

B) give yourself a greater chance of success in pvp by being geared, stocked, scripted, tactified, equipped, vented, guilded, strategized, scouted, locked and loaded

what would be the incentive to move to join order/chaos? Seems like a reward would have to be offered.... otherwise what you get for your troubles is a ganking at the worst possible time, and/or being the one who has laid in wait until your target is at his weakest most defenseless moment to gank him.

Either scenario doesn't sound like a game that is worth playing.

N

northwoodschopper

We already have guilds that can go to war, we have Fel, and we have Factions. Hell, we have Siege for hardcore pvp too, w/ good & evil. Why implement yet another pvp system instead of address the issues of the current ones?

If you want to be on-guard all the time, why are you bothering in the safe facets anyways? Change of scenery?

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would love to have order / chaos back :thumbup:

And for the people complaining. Why ?? Are you guys even scared of seeing pvp ? You dont have to join :thumbdown:
Exactly :thumbsup:

Let those of us who would enjoy it have our fun, while you don't participate.

C

Chaosy

I loved order/chaos as well, but without any form of reward I would fail to see how it would be more popular than factions. Personally I think faction fighting should be allowed across facets (or some system that takes the Trammel out of... Trammel -_- )

S

StifledArgument

Good luck with that one Petra, apparently any feedback is met with unpleasantness.

D

Der Rock

Ugh, the greater majority in the poll Der Rock, I didn't mean the greater majority of UO.
would you then also agree,that since how many years now?, here on tratics always argu almost the same people the same problem.

PvP got many reawakening efforts,but as far as i can see, not any was a true success.

don´t you (hardcore pvp crowd) think it is time for an effort from our side?

PvP switch on/off everywhere and anytime ;)

Y

Yalp

IMHO no one is forcing pvp down your throat we are asking for a choice.
Technically what is being proposed is LESS choice.. as there are choices aplenty now if you want to pvp... among them.. and in no particular order.

1) Join no Guild and pvp unaffiliated anywhere in Fel
2) Join the True Brittanians Faction
3) Join the Shadowlord Faction
4) Join the Minax Faction
5) Join the Council of Mages Faction
6) Stand in the Yew Moongate area and participate in Free for all pvp
7) Stand in the Yew Moongate with your faction alliance and free for all pvp
8) Participate in Faction sigil stealing and stronghold defending
9) Wander the champ spawn areas unaffiliated and raid the spawn
10) Wander the champ spawn areas with your faction/guild/alliance and raid the spawn
11) Wander the known scripting miner/jacker/crafter areas and gank them unaffiliated
12) Wander the known scripting miner/jacker/crafter areas and gank them while affiliated

.. etc, etc. you see my point I'm sure....
... err..you get the point.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
would you then also agree,that since how many years now?, here on tratics always argu almost the same people the same problem.

PvP got many reawakening efforts,but as far as i can see, not any was a true success.

don´t you (hardcore pvp crowd) think it is time for an effort from our side?

PvP switch on/off everywhere and anytime ;)
Of course I think it's time for an effort from our side. Anything to bring some successful change for PvP.

A PvP switch might be a good idea. As long as you can't turn it off quickly to save yourself :p

Edit: Anything to expand PvP beyond the same old Yew Gate, despise spawn area.

Kri

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I must say (even as a non-PVPer) I would like to see Order/Chaos return.

If people want a little more excitement in their life and some new battlegrounds (tokuno, malas, the underworld, etc.) who am I to stop them as long as it doesn't affect me? Heck, watching some duels would actually be added entertainment! :)

D

Der Rock

A PvP switch might be a good idea. As long as you can't turn it off quickly to save yourself :p

sure,it would be nonsens if you could turn off in the middle of the battle :lol:
absolutly on your side, if someone switch to pvp yes, he has to stay awhile in this mode,
NO easy turn off escape. ;)

C

Coffin

It seems like everyone who is against Order/Chaos says the same thing, basically- that there's plenty of ways to PvP, like Fel, factions, champs, guild wars, etc. And somehow, if there was an all facet voluntary PvP system like O/C then all of the sudden people who want nothing to do with PvP will be affected.

Maybe you guys don't remember how O/C worked. Order and Chaos guys appear orange to each other, making them attackable. Everyone else goes on about their business as normal in safety.

So, I think some of are probably thinking, why do you need O/C in all facets, isn't Fel enough? And I think that some of you don't realize the interesting things that can happen when players are in a state of war no matter where they go in the game. Suddenly every possible spot in the game is a potential battlefield. It makes for a fun, on-your-toes experience for those who want it. It can be a rush, also, when you're fighting fiercely around the average hustle and bustle in the popular cities.

I'm for it, totally. Order Chaos was a lot of fun. I do think that it won't be nearly as popular as it was back in the golden age of UO. But still, the option would be great!

S

Serine

I must say (even as a non-PVPer) I would like to see Order/Chaos return.

If people want a little more excitement in their life and some new battlegrounds (tokuno, malas, the underworld, etc.) who am I to stop them as long as it doesn't affect me? Heck, watching some duels would actually be added entertainment! :)
I wish more non-PvPers would be as kind and have same understanding for other peoples fun as you do . A BIG :thumbup: for you :heart:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ahh petra, you know argu about pvp is always a little high temperature and temperament
we´re only pretending ;)

:danceb:
well, pretend within the RoC.

and Enigma? If you're going to yell in bold large letters at least learn to spell the facet name.
My mnemonic for the word is: One L of a place 2 C.
Felucca.

D

Der Rock

well, pretend within the RoC.

and Enigma? If you're going to yell in bold large letters at least learn to spell the facet name.
My mnemonic for the word is: One L of a place 2 C.
Felucca.

Enigma,Enigma,listen to petra, sit down,be quiet,repeat: FELUCCA...FLUCCA :scholar:

flip,flip,flip,petra,petra..... enigma is sticking a bubblegum under the desk :lick:

p.s. pls dont check my spelling :blushing:

(some fun in this rude world cant be bad i think) ;)

W

Wakiza

I don't understand why people who would not be joining a chaos/order guild are trolling this thread. Its not like anyone would be forcing you to pvp.

If i remember correctly, when trammel was first introduced, factions and chaos/order could all fight in trammel.

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm let me see,

We added Champ Spawns, Power Scrolls, Double Resources and high level SOTS to Felucca in order to try and get more people to play on that facet.

Now, it's no fun to only be able to P.V.P. in Felucca. Because of that we need to add Chaos vs Order so you can continue to P.V.P. in Tram.

You indicate that none of us non P.V.P.ers should care, because if we don't sign up for Chaos or Order it won't affect us. I can see this continuing a few months later with "We already have Chaos VS Order in Tram, why not go ahead and allow P.V.P. there?

Ok I'll go along with what you propose, with the following condition. Make all facets have the same rules. If you want to P.V.P. you join A) Factions B) Chaos or C) Order.

This way all the P.V.P.ers can have all the action they want anywhere they want, while the majority of the players on UO can do what we want!

This would be a win win for all don't you think? :thumbup::thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.