• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I hate April Fool's day...

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Usually because I end up being the fool.

So far today:

I woke up to a phone call from my sister-in-law in tears telling me that the faucet my brother and I installed in their house had busted and flooded their entire kitchen. After trying to calm her down and explain how to close a valve for a few minutes she started laughing at me and I could hear my brother laughing in the background... very funny.

Then I met a friend for lunch and the waitress brought us a bill for $500, $470 in service charges. We both started freaking out and looked up to see she had a huge grin on her face and handed us the real one.

Everyone's a comedian today. My phone is off and I'm not going out anymore. I'm just going to watch movies or something because not even the internet is safe on this terrible day...

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tend to agree.
I usually make an effort to verify things I read, because in general the internet (and the media in general) aren't always big on fact-checking (or unbiased reporting).

April Fools Day is just ten times worse, since people are trying to propagate misinformation.
These days, I even get press emails trying to fool me into fooling my readers :(

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL. Major Nelson talked about boycotting the internet on April 1st on his podcast. I'm not going that far yet but I do need to remember to turn my phone off the night before next year.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aww you two. Sorry folks are messing with you both. That being said Aprils Fools day is your one chance to get better at the art of practical joking. Its your chance. Start planning now and make next year your year! :devil: Remember once your the one making all the jokes folks tend to leave you alone.

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm all for people mixing it up, and having a little fun.
But passing off false news as true doesn't sit well with me.

Like valentine's day; why only make an effort on a single day of the year?
If you want to make people smile or laugh, you should do it whenever you have one to give :)

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hehe Mirt. I was the one laughing the loudest at all of that stuff, I don't take it personally it's good fun. I just posted it here so other people could laugh at me falling for that stuff. My brother will be paid back in full, he's expecting it now so I'm going to wait.

What were you up to? I'm sure you left Emma alone right :p

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did leave Emma alone but mostly becuase I have to go to sleep before her and I do not want to wake up missing any hair. Cirno you are right passing off news and trying to trick people isn't right, unless its something so clearly fake that its clearly a joke. That being said you did get ponies on a non valentines day....

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ponies make every day better.

Exhibit A:
If that doesn't brighten up your day, then I'm not convinced you have a soul :p

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey my soul or the lack thereof is nobodies buisness. That being said it sure was funny. I still think before threads get locked you guys should pony them first.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Personally, I try to make people look foolish every day.

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally, I try to make people look foolish every day.
Except recently, you tried to make people look foal-ish (but just ended up looking filly).

(Ok, so rhyming jokes don't work so well in text)

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Except recently, you tried to make people look foal-ish (but just ended up looking filly).

(Ok, so rhyming jokes don't work so well in text)
Ouch my comedy bone!