• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I guess our ABM is still broken.

• Thread starter Prince Caspian
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
P

Prince Caspian

Hope you guys like Peanut Butter Crunch because that's all we got, and that's all you're getting.

Moe The Innkeeper: "Oh, and be sure to swing by in the morning for breakfast." (mutters under his breath) "...there won't be any."
- Simpsons Christmas Special

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*sighs and heads for the diner*

see you later, Prince Caspian :)

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pffft, tech n00bs.

*whacks ABM with hammer*

*receives steaming cup of hazelnut coffee with cream, & sesame bagel with toasted asiago cheese on top*

-Skylark

Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh...I guess someone else might want something.

*whacks ABM with hammer again*

-Skylark

E

Emil IsTemp

*looks around aimlessly, but fails to find any grapefruit*

Dam.. oh well. Those eggs n bacon look good.. but ill settle on the coffee. Had tuna already for breakfast.. well lunch i guess? I get up at 245am.. lol.

Quick question.. the virtue tile rewards, can you tithe gold on them if you say, put an ankh statue right behind it? That would be cool.. pointless but cool =).

Oh and can i use fishsteaks to 100 cooking? Or is there somthing i need to switch to? Havent gotten any gains since like 44 on fish..

F

Fayled Dhreams

pfffft! its an ABM .... cassarole dish of fresh gagh

'lil blood wine to wash it down ?
(breakfast of warriors ... well .... warriors that have Honor !)

B

burnttrees

looks around and grabs a cup of coffie then looks at emil "i have a friend who recently got to 99 with fish so maybe just stuck and need to be powered thru" then heads for the door with his coffie to work on his lockpicking skill rolleyes:

Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Emil, it should give you whatever you want, except Gagh because the replicators aren't programmed for Klingon cuisine. You just have to give it a good whack with the hammer, like so...

*whacks ABM*

For cooking, I made tribal paint, and egg bombs to GM from what I remember.

-Skylark

E

Emil IsTemp

Oooo thank you Sky.

Now do you peel yours like an orange? or cut it in half and use a spoon? no sugar on top for me. =)

Is there a point to go past 90 cooking, excluding the makers mark? Doesnt the basket of herb give a +10?

Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oooo thank you Sky.

Now do you peel yours like an orange? or cut it in half and use a spoon? no sugar on top for me. =)

Is there a point to go past 90 cooking, excluding the makers mark? Doesnt the basket of herb give a +10?
In cooking, as far as I know, once you can make something, additional skill doesn't really seem to help you make it with less failure chance (perhaps someone can confirm that - I have been GM cook too long to really remember). I find a talisman helps more than anything with success chance and exceptional chance, especially with the higher failure rate items such as the sushi platters. Cooking was a big part of my RP when I started UO and the maker's mark was critical so I wanted the GM rating. I try to always have a talisman with at least 15% exceptional bonus equipped when I make cakes for players, because generally when they want a cake, they want my maker's mark on it, and I hate ending up with a pack full of normal cakes that will just be tossed in the trash (plus honey costs 3X more on Siege).

And yes, the spring decor gives you a temporary +10 skill bonus when you are in the house with it, and double click it. I never had a use for mine other than deco because I was already GM when they were released.

Oh, and on the grapefruit, I like it both ways. Peeled, sectioned and put in a glass jar in the fridge for easy eating or cut in half with salt on top, eaten with a spoon. Sometimes I put sugar on, but usually if it is a good grapefruit, just salt.

-Skylark

G

Garaba

*Uses magic admin powers*

*fizzle*

*Scratches head*

*whacks ABM with the BANSTICK*

*gets frustrated*

*Uses BANHAMMER*

Ah nothing like Gagh, especially the way it squirms on the way down.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Geez! Garaba just banned the ABM! Now what?

F

Fayled Dhreams

Geez! Garaba just banned the ABM! Now what?
heh ...looks more like he put the gagh in stasis (note the lack of movement)
and
ABM is still here ...
we just posted in it

DOH !

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Wanders in and spies the dented ABM.*

Well, it is still officially morning where I am, so I am ordering my usual chai latte and a blueberry scone. Think I'll pass on the gagh casserole.

Yummm!!

Good to go now. :thumbup1:

Have a wonderful day, all!

Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well...to continue the descent into the depths of...U.Hall :offtopic: and yet strangely remaining on topic in a grandfathered off topic breakfast discussion, I'll share this recipe I made up that works great for a party or breakfast event. For the Europeans, UK, and all other metric embracing folks, warning, these are in evil English system measurements & temperature and I r too lazy to convert to metric.

-Skylark

Easy individual party quiches

4 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup half & half
1 bunch of scallions, chopped fine (about 1/2 cup)
1 cup diced cooked ham - about 1/4 inch pieces (I used Hormel Black Label)
1 cup shredded swiss cheese (I like the Amish variety)
1 package Pillsbury brand "All Ready" refrigerated pie dough (contains 2 pie shells)
Non-stick muffin tins

Unroll pie dough, and cut into circles with a biscuit cutter or washed metal food can. A circle that is approximately the same size as the top of your muffin tin works best. For example, I used jumbo muffin tins which are approximately 3" in diameter at the top. A washed tuna can is the perfect size for cutting out the dough circles for that size muffin tin.You can get 6 jumbo muffin circles per pie dough sheet as-is. I took the scraps and rolled them out to get a few more.

Place a dough circle in each ungreased muffin cup, and gently press to cover the bottom, and about a half inch or so up the sides.

Place about a tablespoon of the diced ham in each cup. Sprinkle with about a half teaspoon of the chopped scallions, and a tablespoon of the grated Swiss cheese. Make sure that the cheese is confined inside the dough area, and not touching the sides of the pan, as that will cause the cooked quiches to stick to the pan.

Lightly beat the eggs, and add milk & half & half. Stir until smoothly blended.

Carefully pour the egg mixture over the filling in each cup, do not pour higher than the dough - you may have to wait a bit and add some more as it has to trickle down.

Bake on middle rack in preheated 350 degree F oven for approximately 25 minutes. The quiches will puff up, and will be golden brown on top. A knife inserted should come out clean.

Gently remove the quiches using a heat resistant spatula, and place on a plate to serve. (They should pop right out).

This made 16 quiches using regular sized muffin tins, 12 using jumbo tins. You can use smaller or larger tins if you want, you will just have to play around with the amount of dough, filling, and the cooking time. Ovens vary, so if you are concerned the quiches are going to get too brown on top before they are done, place a piece of aluminum foil loosely over the top for about the first half of the baking time.

Note on seasonings: You don't need to add salt at all - the cheese and ham have plenty of salt, more would have made the quiches unpleasanlty salty in my opinion. I didn't add any herbs, as the scallions really give it a nicely balanced savory flavor, but I did do a quick grind of fresh black pepper over the top of one batch, which I liked.

Variation: if you don't need the individual serving quiches you can line the bottom and sides of a regular sized 8" inch oven safe pie pan with the prepared pie dough, pour the entire quiche mixture onto the crust, and bake @ 350F until it sets up (knife blade inserted into filling should come out clean). Keep a sheet of aluminum foil loosely over the top for the first 15 minutes or so and just remove it to brown the quiche during the later stages.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ill take some of that penut butter crunch Cas. Thank you. Ohh and Ill wash it down with chocolate milk too.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Skylark. How many eggs is that in metric?

Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Skylark. How many eggs is that in metric?
LOL...I was waiting for one of you to ask that...I just made the comment because when I gave out a recipe on these forums before (for a pumpkin cake I think it was), some folks were asking about temp in Celsius and how many grams/milliliters, of the ingredients were needed, etc. (bunch of freaks! :D)

-Skylark

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Being a math major who always loved playing with the conversions between systems, I can actually carry on a conversation and constantly flop back and forth between English & metric along the way, as needed. (unlike NASA contractors)

P

Prince Caspian

You know, it scares me when my fellow nerds go into math overdrive. It really makes me feel dumb. :p

I was doing True Dungeon at GenCon back in 2005, and that involved a bunch of Drow-y stuff... you know spiders and stuff.

So we get to the room with all these numbers like 64, 4096, 16 and stuff written in chalk on the dungeon walls for the final riddle.

Suddenly the guy next to me is going, "Ahhh... ya get it?" And I'm like, "uhhh..." He slaps me on the shoulder. "Drow. Spiders. Spiders have 8 legs. So they are counting up from base 8. The form pattern spikes on each of the eights in the series, you see? So, the answer has something to do with 5s..."

Dear God, I still have no idea what that guy was saying.

Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Being a math major who always loved playing with the conversions between systems, I can actually carry on a conversation and constantly flop back and forth between English & metric along the way, as needed. (unlike NASA contractors)
I blame certain professors for the fact that years later I can remember that 28.35 grams make an ounce, a meter is 1.09 yards, and to convert a degree in Farenheit to Celsius is (F - 32)*5/9. :(

I also still remember the little jingle one professor used to help us Farenheit natives get a sense of the Celsius world's temperatures, in terms of climate:

"30 is hot, 20 is nice, 10 is cool, and 0 is ice".

That was actually useful. :D

-Skylark