• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I finally did it.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I cancelled my main account...again..but this time for good. And to make sure I'm not tempted to come back, I loaded all 92 of my ships, yes I had 92 ships all owned by the same account, my secret sorry. I had planned to just keep adding more and more, easily going over 100 but never did it. I still have 20 or so deeds that I had bought from the sea market. I had them all labeled in UOMapistro with what was in them, I had one ship strictly for Holiday Tokens...anyway, they've all decayed now along with their contents. I"ve enjoyed the game since 97 but being an almost completely solo player, it made no sense for me to continue to pay and play when if I ever get the urge I can just load up ServUO and play solo to my hearts content. Anyway, I envy the rest of you that can continue your UO journey and hope it's great. I"ll still browse Stratics and the main forum, but obviously won't be able to comment there, and will try not to comment here but just read....again happy trails to you all...

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sorry to see you go, but it’s definitely understandable. Hopefully you’ll visit us and post here occasionally still!

FishinFool

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
I've walked away several times over the years for various reasons. I prefer to leave an empty idoc to waste the vultures time.

Sounds like you had a hoarding problem, I hope the experience was cathartic and liberating.

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If you have not looked into it, I heard good stuff about UO Ruins and Riches. It is a single player ultima online (offline actually), with options to make it multiplayer, that lets you save everything on your hard drive. Being more of a single player myself and having seen too many private shards collapse over the last decades, if the official UO ever goes offline for good, that will be my backup plan.

In any event, best of luck wherever you play (or not play).

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry to see you go
I Hope your new adventures are fulfilling

Enjoy the travels Friend see ya around

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Sorry to see you go, never a good thing to see an old vet leave... I really liked the ship idea though.

I was surprised that you still played tbh, sure you posted on Stratics but since this post of yours Letter to a UO Dev. it kinda felt like it was the last straw and you truly left the game back then.

1701182694649.png

Now with all that said... you'll be back and until then "Safe Travels My Friend" :thumbup:

Dan(Tasanar)

Journeyman
Professional
UNLEASHED
I cancelled my main account...again..but this time for good. And to make sure I'm not tempted to come back, I loaded all 92 of my ships, yes I had 92 ships all owned by the same account, my secret sorry. I had planned to just keep adding more and more, easily going over 100 but never did it. I still have 20 or so deeds that I had bought from the sea market. I had them all labeled in UOMapistro with what was in them, I had one ship strictly for Holiday Tokens...anyway, they've all decayed now along with their contents. I"ve enjoyed the game since 97 but being an almost completely solo player, it made no sense for me to continue to pay and play when if I ever get the urge I can just load up ServUO and play solo to my hearts content. Anyway, I envy the rest of you that can continue your UO journey and hope it's great. I"ll still browse Stratics and the main forum, but obviously won't be able to comment there, and will try not to comment here but just read....again happy trails to you all...
If you haven't already, join the ServUO Discord. If your desires to play solo turn into building new solo content the Discord will help.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Good luck Garth, it was always fun when we did stuff on Siege. The one EJ per server has killed my pirating love, haven't even stepped on a boat since. I only have the one active account and I totally understand your decision. I need to get up to speed on this single player uo setup!

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well that's a bummer, you'll be missed Garth. Hate to see another Siege vet leave. *Salutes*

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
But you kept your other seven non-main accounts active, right?

Hate to see you go, Garth. Best wishes and hope you´ll have fun with whatever you choose to do next!

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya. I'm sure you'll find something to come back and whine about. Until then...

download (2).jpeg

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow. And I took a break (even though I have been taking a break since forever) after my Orc ship decayed (finally forgot to refresh it every week after several years). I had soloed pirates on my Mystic Mage to get the ship and it was a reminder of the good times. But also, being and adult with family, and other interests, I haven't been able to get back into UO ever. I usually just play League of Legends. Currently trying to get 35 tokens for this current Feudal event, though :p see if I can do it!

92 ships, wow...

See, that is what really impresses me, though, about people who play MMOs...like back in the day you would be lucky to have two accounts, then two accounts became the norm because of the way housing is, then you would get people who would have some decent money and nothing else to spend it on and they would have 10+ accounts...I mean you have people spending over $2,000 on Mobile games a month nowadays...that would be 200 UO accounts/200 houses lol...

The time and money people use on these games...I wish I could do one or the other :) like I know OP says 92 ships one account, but just saying...

Oh, also playing Tears of the Kingdom has been nice :) phew ok well safe travels indeed!

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good luck on your journey out side of UO. We were never friends or enemies but I did enjoy your well thought-out posts here on stractics. Good thing is your posts will live on as long as stractics is still up in searches and archives. Who knows, maybe one of these 24/7 script-bot coders will immortalize you in game by naming one of their bots after you. Just imagine the next or current event having an all-star bot train of famous stractics posters slaying every thing is sight... Anyhow, good luck to you sir!

Last edited:

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good for you Garth! to be honest after witnessing the bot embarrassment of this ToT event I firmly believe the dev's have lost all power of this game and any shred of credibility and respect.

Luckily I have Star Citizen to enjoy right now, and if Mesanna does not get off her arse and do something once and for all about scripting and batting then I will seriously look to go

this is a pathetic state of affairs and yet they have neglected this game ti pursue the unwanted joke of NL

Designing a vanity project for several years asked for by no paying subscribers just shows how out of touch Mesanna is.

The next news letter I expect to see at least 50/80 players banned for multi boxing and botting

She needs to find where this bot program came from and finally work a way of blocking ALL 3rd party illegal software. The game need anti cheat software, and if anyone cries then they are cheats and we rid of them

Dont look back! and I say go check out Star Citizen, the best game and visual spectacle I have witnessed in my life

Last edited:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But you kept your other seven non-main accounts active, right?

Hate to see you go, Garth. Best wishes and hope you´ll have fun with whatever you choose to do next!
_
My other 7 non main accounts were all Endless Journey (having been paid accounts before) and they were all banned while standing on my ship, in the Enhanced Client which I've played exclusively for the past 4+ years. Which was really the final nail in my UO coffin...I just hung around for a few more months to punish myself.