• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I don't understand this change to gold weight

M

Mairut

And raise the cost of items sold by players.
If this is only temporary, then the prices in luna will only be able to go up so much because when the loot is rebalanced(IF it is rebalanced close to what it was before) then people won't be able to afford the prices that stuff was raised to because of the higher carrying capacity.

So: We carry more gold out, prices go up, then rebalance and we carry less, prices in luna still up for a while (a day to 2 days depending on players redoing their vendors) also, the vending penalty. Prices in luna will go down, and players will hopefully have enough money left over to buy more. Unfortunately this could also cause the prices in luna to go up again....
On top of that, the longer you spend in a dungeon the more repair deeds you may have to buy if you don't have 100+durability on armor, which may or may not drive the prices of armor repair up.

IF this reduces the need of some people to buy scripted gold, then prices in luna will probably go down.

It all depends on what exactly the rebalance is.

You follow?

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

While agree completely on your stance that out of game gold sales will drop a lot, After some reflection the net effect could be an overall raising of prices on in-game goods. Like for example, if you are vendoring a totem marty at a million, now unless you just have exceptional luck, um or a friend that dupes*frowns*, you are not going to be restocking this item daily.

Where as Joe Shmo player can now collect the million daily if they play like rabid hyenas. But then again its always the new stuff that commands attention. Three year old marties probably wont command a price increase like new champ spawn additions would.
I would rather see an overall inflation of in game prices than the continued enabling of dupers and scripters. But, the economy of UO is already broken because these items (dupes, items made with script gotten val hammers, etc.) exist already.

So for some items, yes, I do think that you will see some price increasing, but it isn't because of this gold vs. weight change...its because EA/Mythic has finally put some steps in place to cut down on some of the cheating...specifically BOD scripters that were introducing so many Val hammers into the game, and by extension...the items crafted with those.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps we'll all soon start wanting to loot heavier items, e.g., things made out of metal, wood, .... glass, stone?

Or maybe many of us will actually be WEARING heavier items.

S

Stupid Miner

So now gold is 3x lighter. A pile of 60,000 gold weighs 400 stones (150 gold weighs 1 stone). In addition to this change they are reverting the Bag of Sending back to its original function. So you can now send 60,000 per charge instead of ~20,000 it used to be. Gold collection is going to skyrocket.

This appears to be a complete change in direction from the position that too much gold was being created when Bag of Sending was nerfed.

Unless there is supposed to be some sort of other part to this, this would increase inflation by 3x.
Since every serious gold farmer is going to be using a bag of sending anyways, all that lowering the weight will change is how many BoS charges they will be using: 1/3rd.

Only the people who don't use bags of sending regularly, and instead, drop the left over gold, will be seeing an increase in profit.
This change wont affect as much as it seems to at first glance.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe LRC is going to be capped and everyone who uses it will be forced to carry some amount of reagents. Was looking at some of the regs used for mysticism and would imagine a bit of weight could be eaten up carrying around daemon bone and fertile dirt. Am guessing dragon's blood might not be particularly heavy.

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem is, this whole plan hinges on a loot balance pass. And seeing as how we have been told that has been coming for about 5 years... I'm not holding my breath.

Draconi

Most explosive UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe LRC is going to be capped and everyone who uses it will be forced to carry some amount of reagents. Was looking at some of the regs used for mysticism and would imagine a bit of weight could be eaten up carrying around daemon bone and fertile dirt. Am guessing dragon's blood might not be particularly heavy.
LRC weighs heavily upon my mind.

There. Scary thought?

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LRC weights heavily upon my mind.

There. Scary thought?
That depends on why it bothers you. If it is because you think a cap on LRC would deter scripters... it won't. If it's because you think it would balance playstyles, it won't. If it just irks you, then yes... I am scared.

G

Gawin

There. Scary thought?
Just re opened my account I take it once again because of one of your thoughts you sir decide you do not wish my $$$$

Do you know what doing away with 100% LRC will do

It will create a whole new line of scripters script farming regs.

Look you do not even ban peeps who blatantly script that are paged on over and over. So do NOT ruin it for the rest of us like you did with your random ores n woods by screwing with LRC.

Do your self a great big favor and continue to listen to the players rather then your ideas for the game.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

There. Scary thought?
Well, the only thing really scary to me at this point is that there appear to be a very large and growing amount of spinning plates on sticks.

The thought process behind the changes seems to be sound, but and no offense meant, sir, then we have a publish go out without notes and problems not detected before the roll out. And, well, that just makes everyone a wee bit skittish.

Draconi

Most explosive UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That depends on why it bothers you. If it is because you think a cap on LRC would deter scripters... it won't. If it's because you think it would balance playstyles, it won't. If it just irks you, then yes... I am scared.
LRC is one of those things that we have no intention of touching or "balancing," for exactly the reasons described above.

It's unfortunate that we placed ourselves in a situation where reagents were so completely displaced, but there are so many other real things that need attention that it's become something we just have to deal with.

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea, that's one rabbit you can't put back in the hat.

Unless you can find an exhaustible, un-insurable item(s) that all warriors need before they can return to combat.

Draconi

Most explosive UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea, that's one rabbit you can't put back in the hat.

Unless you can find an exhaustible, un-insurable item(s) that all warriors need before they can return to combat.
Yep! There's no way we can stuff the rabbit back into the hat with our existing rulesets... :)

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LRC is one of those things that we have no intention of touching or "balancing," for exactly the reasons described above.

It's unfortunate that we placed ourselves in a situation where reagents were so completely displaced, but there are so many other real things that need attention that it's become something we just have to deal with.
I don't think LRC is all that bad. It makes a good suit harder to build.

If I were to change it I would make it work more like chiv. Using reagents as a charge item or (way out there) linking LRC to a container of some sort that could be placed in your bank box or locked down at your house. Casting spells uses regs from the container. I think its fair given alot of other templates who don't miss a beat when resed.

Capping LRC could be complimented by being able to store regs in a spell book or something blessed... that is if your goal is to get folks to carry/use regs. I wouldn't mind using them at all if I had a way to guarantee I wouldn't loose them. Other than that you get into an argument vs tithing, quivers, insured/blessed weapons, instruments... even pet bonding.

If folks really like using it, should it always be nerfed?

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The UO economy is extremely messed up but other changes keep hiding the detrimental effects. If UO still had ~225,000 players today an 18x18 would probably cost 250 million gold. A castle would be over a billion gold. But these prices are kept low because of how much land space was added to the game for it and a decline in player population.

Armor values tanked because of the recent runic hammer changes combined with mass duping make them plentifully available.

Artifact values tanked because changes to Doom made them much easier to acquire.

The only real true indicator of inflation at the moment is the rares market. Well the true rares market is always kept down by fear of new item introductions. But the EM Event Item market is pretty out of control. People are dropping hundreds of millions of gold left and right as if it were nothing.

Any addition to the game that involves buying/selling will quickly be overwhelmed by the amount of gold out there. If something valuable to the game is added and is in short supply, guess who is going to be in control of it? The people who have so much gold they don't know what to do with it. Then who is going to complain about the monopolies? The people on Stratics who wanted the gold facet turned wide open again. While you may go from 1,000 gold to 1,000,000 gold with this change, the people with 1,000,000 gold go to 100,000,000 gold. You never catch them.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Then who is going to complain about the monopolies? The people on Stratics who wanted the gold facet turned wide open again. While you may go from 1,000 gold to 1,000,000 gold with this change, the people with 1,000,000 gold go to 100,000,000 gold. You never catch them.
First, I see where you are coming from, but consider this...the people with real fortunes in gold, and I am talking like billions of gold, not millions, were making those fortunes by scripting with trial accounts. Pure and simple. That particular 'gold faucet' is being shut off. Meanwhile, the gold faucet is being opened for those that actually pay for their accounts.

Which is better?

Unless you are someone that was profiting from script farmed gold using trial accounts, I cannot see how you can think this is a bad thing. (not YOU in particular btw...you in general)

Look at it like this:

If the scripters want to keep on farming gold, they are at least going to have to start paying for their accounts...which creates some purchase histories from the CCs they are using to pay with. Even if no bans come out of that, at least EA is gaining revenue from this, rather than watching helplessly as free account users profit from in game items. Meanwhile, legit players are able to actually accumulate enough gold to not be totally reliant upon buying gold from scripters...at least the ones that want to can.

Taking out trial accounts and not fixing BOSs and not lowering gold weight would only drive up the price of scripted gold. Right now, its what...about a buck a million? I think you would see it raise to more like $1.50-$2.00 if these changes had not been put into place. What will keep the scripters pricing in check is that at $1 per million, most people don't think that is a hefty expense to buy 20 mil or so. But if that price doubled, the players would seek other methods of obtaining gold (called price inflexibility btw)...and unless those methods were available to them, they would be beholden to the scripters and their price increases.

D

Dor of Sonoma

Yeah, those piles of gold we now leave behind at champion spawns will be scooped up. Instead of just farming for magic items you can now have a Bag of Sending and get the gold too.

Before this change a 30 charge Bag of Sending could bank about 600,000 gold.

Now it can bank 1,800,000 gold.
*nods*

This change makes no sense to me.

Wouldn't it have been simpler to emplace a Magic Wand (Blessed) within every player's pack? That way, one could just wave it, recite, "I summon thee, Gold, to my bankbox!", and Voila!

No more pesky need to actually play the game, leaving one free to, uhhh...err...do something else!

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Point #1: This does not increase how fast monsters, and thus the gold that they drop, spawns.

Point #2: When they introduced the original nerf for Bags of Sending, some speculated that it would hurt scripters that sell gold for real money (RMT [Real Money Transfer]). It did not. In fact, it did the exact opposite. It caused fewer legitimate players to loot gold while hunting because it had become just that much more annoying to get that gold back to the bank. RMT scripters, on the other hand, could still run 23/7 and not care, because they weren't actually at the computer being annoyed.

This just widened the gap between RMT-scripters and normal human beings, which resulted in less non-RMT gold entering the game, which translated directly into less competition for RMT scripters. Their business went up considerably. For many people it came down to the question "Why go to the trouble and annoyance of dragging gold back and forth to the bank when I can get 1,000,000gp for under $1?"

I think one of the ideas behind this gold change is "If everyone can farm like RMT scripters, then that makes everyone competition for RMT scripters, thus hurting their business considerably." This, combined with the destruction of the easy trial account gold faucet, is one of the first changes they've made in a long time that is actually going to hurt RMT-scripters.

L

LadySteele

If its a 100:1 ratio for weight, that's impossible 'cause your pack won't hold anything past like 590 no matter what.
Actually, that is not correct. I've been able to put 611 in my pack although my max states 625.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

*nods*

This change makes no sense to me.

Wouldn't it have been simpler to emplace a Magic Wand (Blessed) within every player's pack? That way, one could just wave it, recite, "I summon thee, Gold, to my bankbox!", and Voila!

No more pesky need to actually play the game, leaving one free to, uhhh...err...do something else!
I see it exactly 180 degrees from that.

The 'no need to actually play the game' idea comes into play when one just purchases 50-100 million gold through a RMT scripter.

Whereas, if you give people incentive to actually leave Luna bank to hunt for themselves, they might actually do it.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Actually, that is not correct. I've been able to put 611 in my pack although my max states 625.

Your weight also counts what you have equipped, thus the difference.

M

Millie

It's intentional, for many of the reasons already cited above, and I'd recommend you enjoy the gold drops now before we rebalance the loot!
Why do I have this creepy feeling the Mr. Tact has being slithering around. His resemblance of loot sucked. He pretty much killed Shame and the older Dungeons. They were just not worth the time for most to kill things in any more. Taking earth ellys for 300+ to 100 + was just stupid. I hope this team does a better job of it. Most people still have only so much time to play and having to kill longer to make the same amount of money is not going to help the game.
Giving us lighter gold and bags of sending back and then cutting loot drops Back is just making the Dev team Seem like "Indian givers". If they cut the drops to low it is going to push some people in to buying form the very people this needs to get rid of . the gold sellers and scripters.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm with JC on this. This is a little bit crazy and is perhaps opening up Pandora's Box...

Rest assured there will be rampant scripting of gold now. The changes to the trial accounts which should have been in place from the get go will do nothing to affect gold farming as this is done by semi-built out characters. Anyone who thinks this will not happen because of the trial account changes is a fool.

I don't undestand how people can argue that weight of gold has no bearing because BOS now work as they did in the past. That argument doesn't fly unless the entire playerbase has an unlimited supply of BOS.

I walked into the labyrinth without a BOS and walked out carrying 60k in my pack. I normally leave with 12-15k then get tired of trying to go back and forth. I've also many times walked into the Labyrinth and seen piles of 60k laying there because no one wants to take the time to make that many trips. Point being those days are over.

We see periodic threads about Gold sinks and here changes are made, radical changes, in the exact opposite direction.

LRC never should have been introduced into the game that was one of the biggest gold sinks in the history of the game and a great way to get more player interactions.

I think the gold weight changes are extreme and well overboard. My personal thoughts are that prices on items are going to skyrocket. Inflation is going to skyrocket. I don't think the changes are going to build more of a 'middle class'. I'm not sure what the intentions of the changes were.

I don't mean to be a doomsayer and the one good thing that came out of Pandora's Box was HOPE but my gut tells me that these changes aren't good for game. But I've been wrong many times before...

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

I've also many times walked into the Labyrinth and seen piles of 60k laying there because no one wants to take the time to make that many trips. Point being those days are over.
Yes...people leave the gold, because it was easier to just buy it from scripters.

Surely you realize that all those players you see with all that "uber" gear, got it with gold. Where do you think people were getting their gold from if they weren't looting it???

I don't mean to be a doomsayer and the one good thing that came out of Pandora's Box was HOPE but my gut tells me that these changes aren't good for game. But I've been wrong many times before...
Unfortunately the Pandora's Box that was opened was Age of Shadows, and the itemization of the game. This change is not going to correct this, nor is it going to make it any worse.

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't understand macro-economics JC, and neither did they. The price of gold for sale dropped after the BOS nerf, because suddenly the demand went up. counter-intuitively, none of this was much but a fork in the road for scripters, and they all ran to fill the demand for people who didn't want to haul gold around, and people could buy gold for a dollar or even less sometimes, so the actual amount of gold in the game went UP, because people would rather just pay 10 bucks than spend their 3 or 4 hours of game time running 15 or 20k back and forth, back and forth. If everyone has their own ability to collect their own gold more, the demand will go down on the scripters, people will actually be willing to put a bit of effort into collecting it themselves more, and the actual result will be there will be less gold because the value of an actual dollar bill will go up vrs the value of a million gold, and although that sounds like that would make gold cheaper, its fake money versus real money, and so people will be more likely to keep their dollar bill and not buy gold because it's not a commodity, less people will script, simply because the time spent to get the gold will be less, so less people will script or buy gold. What we're worried about here is real business activity outside the company of people who can could and did easily still farm gold on multiple computers with macros going and have alarms go off if anyone came around to say something or their macroes stopped working. The price of gold will go up now, because real people won't be encouraged to buy it as much. Gold will actually be worth more. Don't be a fool. If a real player can go farm his own gold while he's really there, that is really playing and he really won't be as encouraged to buy it, and the supply of people bothering to supply it will go down, and yes, like i said, the price online will go up, because then the ones who have it think it's worth more, because it is to them, because they need a profit, will need to rely and have to rely on the people who will pay triple the price anyway because they are well off. If you have 1000 people who will pay 3 dollars a million but if you can get 9000 people who will pay 1 dollar a million, if you add 4000 people ot the 1000, you lower it to 1 dollar. if its down to just 1500 with the other 1000 at 3 dollars of people who will pay one dollar a million you raise the price back up to where the 1000 people who will 3 dollars are, you stand to make more money that way then. The numbers are just examples not based on any stats of people buying gold. But it shows how a lowering of demand can raise a price. If I didn't explain it right, this means eventually your gold will be worth more. It's textbook.

LOL@Wall of text.

C

Cromag

How about making LRC suits into gold sinks? Just make it so the value of reagents you use is deducted from bank account, maybe even a a premium price, say 2x. Call it a convenience fee.

I dont know why everyone feels lrc is a necessity anyway. A good mage suit without lrc can be had for much less gold. (notice I didn't say a reasonable amount)

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes...people leave the gold, because it was easier to just buy it from scripters.
Surely you'd don't believe players buying gold online with real life money are the same players leaving 60k piles of gold on the ground?

Surely you realize that all those players you see with all that "uber" gear, got it with gold. Where do you think people were getting their gold from if they weren't looting it???
I think most people that have 'uber' gear have acquired by selling and trading high value items that they've acquired in game. Doesn't take long at all in this game to get lucky and get your hands on a highly sought after item and convert it to cash and it's just compounded over time.

Whatever changes the Dev implement it will be balanced out by the players and the supply and demand of the economy. The Dev's haven't been in control of the economy since day one of UO and that's never going to change. So some of these balancing changes this late into the game don't make alot of sense to me.

If this helps players then great I'm all for it but I don't think that it does. It's just causes gold to lose even more of it's value and it the end will just be balanced out by the players by raising prices. So again...I don't see the point.

C

Cromag

I believe LRC suits are more for convenience than about saving money. At least for those using them to hunt/PVP etc. So if you dont want to be bothered carrying regs when your out making money, you have to pay some back for the convenience.

I understand what your saying, but the net effect is money comes out of game, and more importantly it comes from the wealthy, not the new players.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand what your saying, but the net effect is money comes out of game, and more importantly it comes from the wealthy, not the new players.
*stops and ponders your words*

I do have 100% LRC suits but I've never thought of myself as rich.

*wonders if I might finally be starting to loose touch with what it really means to really be a new player*

C

Cromag

QUOTE]

I think the main reason people leave gold on ground is because it is a trivial amount compared to what they make on sweet items or other acivities. In 11 years of playing im sure I've never looted enough to buy even a hat of magi at current prices. I dont think making it easier for the guy wacking at monsters to collect gold has the power to effect the economy to any great extent at this point.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First, I see where you are coming from, but consider this...the people with real fortunes in gold, and I am talking like billions of gold, not millions, were making those fortunes by scripting with trial accounts. Pure and simple.
1) There are many people who have made their fortunes through completely legitimate game play. Our guild transferred over 1 billion gold in Power Scroll sales the first week Character Transfers were put in the game. Which was a much more impressive figure at the time, inflation probably pins that at least 5 billion worth today.

2) Gold is at $1 per million. As long as you make more than $10 per month, it is viable to have an account open and pay for it with gold. If you can make ~200k per hour (farming, trading, dancing, etc) it will only take 50 hours of game play to pay for a month. So if you are concerned about script farmers they pay their "rent" in just over 2 days worth of work and have 28-29 days left over to pull a profit.

G

guum

I don't know for sure whether this will hurt or help scripters, but I can say for certain that it's making the game more fun for me to play. I actually spent a couple of hours at fire temple today killing greaters and regular dragons, because with the gold weight changes and the BoS change, I could pick up all the gold and all the barbed leather and send it back to my bank piece of cake, and the whole thing didn't just feel like a waste of time while hoping for a good greater to spawn and tame.

It'll be nice to do something other than miasma for a change.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Surely you'd don't believe players buying gold online with real life money are the same players leaving 60k piles of gold on the ground?
I know at least 2 personally that don't bother to loot, because they have purchased hundreds of millions of gold from online gold sellers. They don't need the money, so they don't bother with it. Certainly, there are many players that have accumulated wealth over the years, myself included in that, but there are many that have been forced to purchase gold with "real life money" in order to be able to afford the massively overpriced items in UO. When UO became item based, the need for more and more wealth increased 100 fold.

When before AoS did you see a pair of gloves (Inquisitor's Resolution for example) selling for 25+ million gold in UO? More to the point, take a look at some of the prices on runic crafted armor. I don't know what shard you play, but if you come to Atlantic, you will see what I mean. It is entirely too common to see single pieces of armor selling for 100 million gold or more.

How is any player supposed to be able to amass that kind of gold under the old rules? I primarily play my tamer, so my upkeep cost isn't terribly high. I use an LRC, so I don't spend money on regs. If I go out hunting, under the old rules, I could only carry about 16,000 on me at one time. It would take me roughly 20 minutes to make that much gold. Add another 5 for going to the bank, and coming back. So in 25 minutes, I could make and bank 16,000 gold. If I played for 4 hours a day, that's 240 minutes. That's about 1,530,000 gold per day. If I wanted to outfit each of my characters with the kinds of suits of armor you see people running around in, it would cost in the neighborhood of 600,000,000 gold per character. 7 characters x 600 mil = 42,000,000,000 gold. Divide that outrageous number by 1,530,000 and I would have to play UO for 4 hours per day for 27450 days. That's 75 years.

Granted, no one needs to have all 7 characters outfitted in the absolute best armor that UO gold can buy...but even if you use something like a Sorcerer's Suit, or a Scout Suit, which sell for around 25 mil on Atlantic, you are still looking at needing 175,000,000 gold...which equates to roughly 114 days of playing UO for 4 hours a day non-stop doing the same things over and over and over.

Or I could spend 175 bucks and be done with it.

So if the devs can find a way to make that 114 days of straight UO playing seem more attractive than just flopping down 175 bucks to a cheater, then I think this is a good change overall.

C

Cromag

*stops and ponders your words*

I do have 100% LRC suits but I've never thought of myself as rich.

*wonders if I might finally be starting to loose touch with what it really means to really be a new player*
Not knowing anything about your particular case...

Many people pay more extra cash for a LRC suit, over an equivalent suit without LRC, than they would spend on regs over the life of the suit. So to me that makes them well off enough, and it means they're not doing it to save money.

But if you're saying the targets for gold sinks should be only those with billions, I wont argue with you, as long as they cant cash in for items that separate them further from the average guy in gameplay.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I know in my particular case, I have spent 0 gold on my characters' LRC suits.

I collected the BODs for the runics.
I hunted the leather to fill the BODs, and make the items from with the resulting runics.
All the non-crafted pieces, I got from item drops (including turning in those items) in Tokuno, Ilshenar or Doom, or (in the case of the Tamer's talisman), turning in scales that I hunted myself, or a friend collected on similar hunts.

All my gold over the years has gone mainly for 3 things - insurance, vendors fees (I probably lose more money than I make on sales, 45+ weeks a year), and buying Powerscrolls. (Oh, yeah, and I typically charge 2-10k for items - and CAN'T GET THEM TO SELL, that on others' Luna vendors sell quick for 100-500k), and have had 20 million gold ONCE in 6 years (which was immediately spent on a 120 Magery PS). The only Gold I ever bought was 2 million gold from Crazy Joe's Tsunami Relief charity auction - and I DONATED 500k of that gold, in the first place!

It's a crazy (virtual) world.

M

Mairut

I know in my particular case, I have spent 0 gold on my characters' LRC suits.

I collected the BODs for the runics.
I hunted the leather to fill the BODs, and make the items from with the resulting runics.
All the non-crafted pieces, I got from item drops (including turning in those items) in Tokuno, Ilshenar or Doom, or (in the case of the Tamer's talisman), turning in scales that I hunted myself, or a friend collected on similar hunts.

All my gold over the years has gone mainly for 3 things - insurance, vendors fees (I probably lose more money than I make on sales, 45+ weeks a year), and buying Powerscrolls. (Oh, yeah, and I typically charge 2-10k for items - and CAN'T GET THEM TO SELL, that on others' Luna vendors sell quick for 100-500k), and have had 20 million gold ONCE in 6 years (which was immediately spent on a 120 Magery PS). The only Gold I ever bought was 2 million gold from Crazy Joe's Tsunami Relief charity auction - and I DONATED 500k of that gold, in the first place!

It's a crazy (virtual) world.
Which brings up an interesting question:

Draconi:

Hi!
Are there actually plans to drop Balrons on Luna or otherwise nerf Luna?

You're so kind!
KThx. ^.^
Mairu

L

Lord Drakelord

I love the changes and am glad the BOS are back as before. My tamer can now farm my leather and not have to recall to the back when he gets 150 pieces of leather but can now send that leather to the bank. Also because of the potions, bandaids and such he carries he could only hold like 12k gold before, but today was able to get over 30k before sending it to the bank with one charge in the bag. Now I need to farm zoogi to get more translocation powder.

L

Lord Drakelord

LRC weighs heavily upon my mind.

There. Scary thought?
Very!!!! Lets leave LRC alone pls!!!!

L

Lord Drakelord

Thank God!

HD2300

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2) Gold is at $1 per million. As long as you make more than $10 per month, it is viable to have an account open and pay for it with gold. If you can make ~200k per hour (farming, trading, dancing, etc) it will only take 50 hours of game play to pay for a month. So if you are concerned about script farmers they pay their "rent" in just over 2 days worth of work and have 28-29 days left over to pull a profit.
EA is going hard after scriptors. Scriptor subscriptions.

It is exactly the same with BOD collections. Trial accounts cant get 5000 tailoring bods per day anymore, but if a scriptor pays $12/month no problems, which isnt a big deal because in 4 hours they already pay for that account anyway. Seriously how many accounts are running non stop logging in and out or logging +16hrs per day? It is not as if EA cant generate a list of those accounts in 5 minutes.

F

Farscape

This change to me shows smart thinking by the dev's but has opened up panic which is not needed
Some simple things like gold farmers were trial accounts now gold being ample makes them work 3 time as hard to obtain it to sell this will unbalance them now
Bags of sending are a must for the trades more than gold this is a positive move
This type of action show that Dev's may be taking the correct approach by removing the added problems not the game play

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The price of gold will go up now, because real people won't be encouraged to buy it as much.
The price of gold will drop dramatically if it is easy to obtain, it won't rise. It's no longer a scarce resource and the supply would be far higher than the demand. On the other hand if EA were to make it harder to get gold then the price would rise dramatically.

Oh and protip ea: Nobody gold farmed on trial accounts, you had to train up (script up) the character and by the time it was trained enough to farm the monsters your 14 days had already ran out. However gold farming at the moment is useless because of the low respawn rate of monsters in felluca. Gold farming simply isn't profitable when compared to other things that they could be doing with scripts. I really think EA should be concentrating on something other than gold farming to nerf into oblivion (e.g speedhacking).

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only thing I wonder about LRC from the beginning is that it works also for Chivalry, since Gold <> Reagents.

I like the change of the gold weight, since it is now possible, to give a vendor its initial load of payment without having to involve a caravan of camels.
*Salute*
Olahorand