• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I don't understand this change to gold weight

A

AesSedai

- Just appreciating the speculations...

Things change and people react.
'Tis to be expected.
Who will be the great predictor? Hmm... Hrmmm...
(Only UO Team knows, and they may not even know, as they have already aforementioned an upcoming change in loot tables. That's my thinking, aye. KR/SA ~ whatever it is, I welcome the evolution of UO)

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
LOL@Wall of text.

Yea but he's right, see the thing is the supply has always been there, at least with the smart gold brokers it has been. Items are a big risk to hold since you can't tell what is and isn't duped, and when ban waves come around it would disrupt their business. On the other hand, finding someone to purchase items from, either through some of the unmentionable search sites, or though contacts, and then handing the items directly over to someone else's account is much safer. Also some of the even smarter brokers have adopted a policy of accepting in game gold for items off UO Game Codes. This keeps their supply up, with little risk to themselves.

With the Supply having always been there but the demand low, they charged higher prices because it wasn't a constant business. With the economic turn down globally (yes real world economics comes into play) more people have turned to buying game time with in game gold, from brokers so not only has their supply of gold increased, but combined with the former BoS change the demand for gold increased, creating a cycle. If they paid $13.00 for a 30 day game time code and sold it for 28 mil, and then sell that gold for $1 per mil then they've made in essence $15 profit off that one code over double what they paid. Doing this they can afford to offer lower prices...

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep! There's no way we can stuff the rabbit back into the hat with our existing rulesets... :)
This implies that you plan on tweaking the following:
  • Monster loot
  • Gold loot
  • Combat balancing
  • Ressources needed for combat
To my experience, everything you touched and changed so far turned out to improve the game. Your innuendo sounds like a general overhaul of the combat and loot system. Which would be a great idea, especially concerning that today combat mostly depends on high-end items.

I'm looking forward to the changes!

F

Fink

The only thing I wonder about LRC from the beginning is that it works also for Chivalry, since Gold <> Reagents.

I like the change of the gold weight, since it is now possible, to give a vendor its initial load of payment without having to involve a caravan of camels.
*Salute*
Olahorand
A workaround for that has been placing a coin on the vendor, priced at 1m or whatever, give cheques to a friend (or second account) and have them buy the coin.

But yes, big vendor pays will be much easier now.

S

Seasseragh

While I like what Draconi seems to be saying I really hope that the new loot tables will still contain the small oddities crafters, decorators and RPers have come to like a lot.

In other words - Save the cookie plate!!

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gold is only removed from the economy through:

- Insurance when killed by monsters
- It decays (extremely unlikely)
- Accounts closing and gold left in bank (of which many people give their items away when they quit)
Vendor fees?

*checks his vendors*
Yep, 3M gold a day
*poof*

C

Connor_Graham

A workaround for that has been placing a coin on the vendor, priced at 1m or whatever, give cheques to a friend (or second account) and have them buy the coin.

But yes, big vendor pays will be much easier now.
Or you can just put & price a bod in a bod book for the amount you want to put on the vendor, place it on your vendor, then buy it yourself.

Viola, no second person needed.

R

RichDC

When i go training or gaining karma/honour at Succubus, i dont loot the gold.

Its not that im getting uber items of them(the items suck), its because i have a goal in mind, i want to gain a certain amount of honour/skill so i cant afford to get overweight...run to bank unload come back...repeat.

Now however, you bet your ass im gna be picking it all up and sending it back to the bank while gaining!!!i can actually make some gold from training(even if it ends up just being insurance money) and them the items i get after training can actually be a profit!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
More wild speculation: Perhaps something is coming that will have the ability to regularly cause major debuffing of stats. If yes and gold weight stayed the same, people would end up quite often dying from being overweight while still carrying a reasonable amount of gold. Change the gold weight and don't get carried away with loading up on it, and you might not fare so badly around the debuffing monster. This might also explain the change to removing buffs/debuffs upon death. Maybe the "effect" is something new and nothing that players have any way to counteract with spells, potions, etc.

Again, just a really wild guess and probably wrong.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yet another wild idea: What stopped most people from going to Ilshenar after the BOS were nerfed? Collecting gold and having to take it to the bank and run back to where you were.

So, here's the wild idea: What if the new SA dungeon is no-recall in or out? Making gold lighter, even with being able to use BOS, would make a lot of sense if that is the case.

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting thought, JC. You know, that Casca's a sly one. Maybe he's getting into the insurance business and plans to send premiums skyrocketing. Or perhaps he has got big tax-and-spend plans. Has anyone checked insurance costs NPC vendor pricing yet to see if they're still the same?
My personal opinion, is that this is a UO Stimulus Bail Out Package...

And we didn't even know it!

:scholar:

Hehehehehehehe

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If UO needs Subs....... what better way to do it :coco::(

I say keep it as it was, lighter is only going to hurt & the newer players it will impact the most.
I have to say it'll actually be easier on new players; as they can get 1m 3x faster.. :) Newbies will be more likely to farm to work for their first mils; then I would sitting on 75m- So millionaires money becomes less valuble - newbies get more gold through farming.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yet another wild idea: What stopped most people from going to Ilshenar after the BOS were nerfed? Collecting gold and having to take it to the bank and run back to where you were.

So, here's the wild idea: What if the new SA dungeon is no-recall in or out? Making gold lighter, even with being able to use BOS, would make a lot of sense if that is the case.
I would hope you are on to something here. At least with regard to recall/SJ/Gate in or out. A new dungeon to "crawl" is just what the doctor ordered. Also fits in with the SOP on dungeons as per ML expansion, maybe SE as well.

Illsh was always one of those places where bards would leave gold all over the place, I'm glad for the changes.

R

RavenWinterHawk

Maybe we're getting some snazzy new gold sinks.
I think your right. There is no logic behind it but to introduce a use for the gold.

Let see silver and faction arties... kills arties.
Spawn drops kill duped arties.
Decrease gold weight and increase BOS (doesnt do anything positive less there is part B coming soon)

HD2300

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think your right. There is no logic behind it but to introduce a use for the gold.

Decrease gold weight and increase BOS (doesnt do anything positive less there is part B coming soon)
How about two incentives for gold scriptors to open up new accounts? Gold can be scripted anywhere and it will cost 2/3rds less to script than before. More accounts means more profit for EA.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

How about two incentives for gold scriptors to open up new accounts? Gold can be scripted anywhere and it will cost 2/3rds less to script than before. More accounts means more profit for EA.
Which might make it easier to put them "on the radar"?

L

Lord Drakelord

the whole thing didn't just feel like a waste of time

Yep,this I agree with.

I like the change and hope like hell it stays put.
I sure like it, went to farm zoogi this morning, was able to carry out 30k in gold and over 500 zoogi, [that alot of black ants] got friend to the ant nest for the translocation powder quest so I am dancing with joy, now I just need to get a few more BOS and I will be really happy.

As for this talk of gold sink this and that, just leave well enough alone folks, I am not super rich like some of you. I can count on one hand how many 1 million gp checks I have on seven characters.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would hope you are on to something here. At least with regard to recall/SJ/Gate in or out. A new dungeon to "crawl" is just what the doctor ordered. Also fits in with the SOP on dungeons as per ML expansion, maybe SE as well.

Illsh was always one of those places where bards would leave gold all over the place, I'm glad for the changes.
The cynic in me says that lightening the gold is a permanent change to encourage going to out of the way places, while the BOS change is temporary and meant to ferret out serious gold farmers, now that EA has some new tools to play with. I guess time will tell.

K

Kula

Not a big deal, maybe it's a sign of things to come; more mass bannings?

K

Kim Li of LS

The main issues here are time/gold ratio and convince. The two effected parties are:

1) skripters
and
2) everyone else

1)
Are skripters goin to be able to harvest significantly more gold with reduced bank runs?-I don't think so (i may be wrong i dont know skripts, exc...) The convince of gathering gold is almost irrelevant to skriptors.

2)
Everyone else is much more likely to make there own gold. (I’ve seen it first hand already) Its not that its so much faster, but allot more convenient for real players

The battle between real people and skriptors has been goin on for ages, the only thing that is going to stabilize the economy to the reduction/elimination of cheating. It doesnt matter if a skript collects 50m/day or 50k/day(w a gold drop nerf) as long as real people make significantly less they will buy gold and skew the economy.

As I see it reducing gold drops will only frustrate real players because it will take hours to make any significant amount of gold (numerically speaking).

R

RavenWinterHawk

Yep! There's no way we can stuff the rabbit back into the hat with our existing rulesets... :)
Well for one thing you can make 100% LRC match 100 magery. Its a little tweak but fair. If your a mage 100 or higher then you can max the 100%. If your a mage with 85 the you get 85% of whatever LRC you are wearing.

Same should go for defense change. Match it to Tactics.

Etc. Purify some of these templates.

Little tweaks.

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Making your LRC cap match your Magery level only hurts the newbies. They already have to put up with spell fizzles.

Personally I have a chest at home in which I dump the stuff. When hunting, if I find a leather/mage armor bit with 12+ LRC, it goes in there. Every now and then, when bored, I go grab a newbie from Haven, hand them a suit of the stuff, pass them a wand and spellbook and let them go back into the world.

It's not "great" armor, but for a summoning or taming mage, that's all that's required to join in on pretty much anything that happens to be happening at the time. You hardly need to be rich to get it. You just need to know what you're looking for.

E

eolsunder

I just think its the silliest thing i have ever seen.

All this talk years ago about "oh, we need to do something, people are gold farming all day". And suddenly like the Dev's usually do, they decide the BOS is the culprit and instead of adjusting it a little to make it more balanced, they do what they normally do and nerf it all together.

So, now people can only gold farm in places that they can recall/gate/journey into and out of.

Now, suddenly there is a huge turnaround. Oh, we are going to bring back BOS, AND make gold lighter, so that the origional reason we nerfed them silly will be back and bigger than ever. I got to shake my head and laugh at developers and people who should be using brains.

Origional BOS. 30 charges.. buy for 30k. thats 1k per charge. You could sit and farm gold on some monsters, sending 10-15k each charge. So, thats 30k investment to farm 300-450k worth of gold. Good exchange for the gold farmer. I know I did, i loved kicking back at swoops, or dread spiders.

So they return the bags now with the ability to gold farm 3x as much? Oh my head hurts, what ever happened to using common sense with ideas. What should have happened, what people said from the very start, was to adjust the bags to let you farm gold if you wanted, but it wouldn't give you a huge advantage. Maybe adjust it by half. And see how that worked. But no.. just nerf it to uselessness instead.. and now.. they are 3x better than before! happy days..

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Gotta love how people can't see the forest for the trees....

Here's the logic as I see it...

The dupers and scripters are part of a triangle trade system with the gold sellers.

A. The dupers/scripters use illegal methods to generate items that the sell for in-game gold (or for getting the gold itself). This includes using stolen CC to get items for sale in-game.
B. They, in turn, sell the gold from their vendor sales to the gold-sellers for RL money.
C. People buying the high-end items brought about by the scripters/dupers/CC fraud types typically have to buy the gold FROM the gold-sellers, to have the mass quantities necessary for the transactions. (and the sellers of items then sell the gold back to the gold sellers, continuing the cycle).

I. If you allow people to collect more gold for their own use, this allows them to bypass the gold-sellers for most purchases. It also pushes the price of some items to amounts not easily tradable (over 125/150 million) from inflation
II. Bypassing the goldsellers means that the goldsellers cannot sell gold as quickly or as much.
III. If the goldsellers have their cash inflow radically reduced, and their sales reduced, then they won't have the money OR the reason to buy gold from the people selling the illegally-acquired items.
IV. Without the goldsellers buying the gold from the sale of their items, the criminal element will not find it profitable to continue with their in-game sales, and move on to greener pastures.
V. The end result is less illegal items introduced into the game, as the transactions between those selling gold from sale of such items to brokers for RL cash break down, and cause the brokers to go out of business, and leaving the dupe/script item sellers with lots of gold, and no easy way of converting it to RL cash.

I can't vouch for how well it will work, but that is a viable hypothesis of what MIGHT occur from allowing people to keep more of the gold on their kills.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ah, so you are undoing what other Lead Designers did a few years back when the 2x the gold drops.

Nothing like the pendulum swing of UO. Its no wonder I rarely play anymore.

Its like the weather in Chicago - if you don't like it, wait 2 publishes and it will change back.

Are you going to resurect some of the other dumb ideas like diminishing returns? lol

D

Dragonchilde

The price of gold will drop dramatically if it is easy to obtain, it won't rise. It's no longer a scarce resource and the supply would be far higher than the demand. On the other hand if EA were to make it harder to get gold then the price would rise dramatically.

Oh and protip ea: Nobody gold farmed on trial accounts, you had to train up (script up) the character and by the time it was trained enough to farm the monsters your 14 days had already ran out. However gold farming at the moment is useless because of the low respawn rate of monsters in felluca. Gold farming simply isn't profitable when compared to other things that they could be doing with scripts. I really think EA should be concentrating on something other than gold farming to nerf into oblivion (e.g speedhacking).
Dude, it doesn't take that long to build up an even meager character... I can get a character to 75 in two days not trying very hard, and that's more than enough to farm despise quickly.

Then again, I have no concept of how scripting works, and my only experience with script farmers is the spined leather farmer asses getting lizardmen in despise. But I know it doesn't take that much to do THAT.

S

SwordBlaze

I'll never understand players who say they never or rarely play but they must come here to whine. Ridiculous. If you don't like it don't play it.......it must be a love hate relationship.

G

gjohnson5

1) There are many people who have made their fortunes through completely legitimate game play. Our guild transferred over 1 billion gold in Power Scroll sales the first week Character Transfers were put in the game. Which was a much more impressive figure at the time, inflation probably pins that at least 5 billion worth today.

2) Gold is at $1 per million. As long as you make more than $10 per month, it is viable to have an account open and pay for it with gold. If you can make ~200k per hour (farming, trading, dancing, etc) it will only take 50 hours of game play to pay for a month. So if you are concerned about script farmers they pay their "rent" in just over 2 days worth of work and have 28-29 days left over to pull a profit.

Wow, here 's the problem with your theories. The idea that inflation has made the cost of powerscroll multiply by 5 is complete BS. Sorry to say it. IMHO due to the reductions in player base and the supply of powerscrolls , if anything they should be cheaper then ever before. Infact 110 and 115 may get dropped to the ground simply due to lack of demand

A good intention thread is now clearly trollong

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I like what Draconi seems to be saying I really hope that the new loot tables will still contain the small oddities crafters, decorators and RPers have come to like a lot.

In other words - Save the cookie plate!!
/seconded!

Please:
Fewer loot items per monster
Keep the oddities (including bandies on mummies, food on rats and titans and so on)
Theme the loot to the monsters (remember how skeletons dropped bone armour?)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a couple of theories on why gold and silver are lighter and why bags of sending have been made operational again:

• I suspect that the new dungeon area(s) that will be added in the next expansion will probably be set up so that you cannot easily recall into them and may also be set up so you have to walk out via the nearest "exit." (I picture one main entrance per facet and multiple exit/entrances in the existing dungeons.) If that is the case, then the new area(s) won't get many visitors after a while by the same people who stopped going to Ilshenar when the bags of sending were nerfed. (Read here what little info we have at this point regarding the new dungeon areas: http://www.uoherald.com/stygianabyss/gameoverview/terrain/ .)
  • The combination of the lighter gold/silver and return of bags of sending should prompt people to start visiting the Ilshenar dungeons again and perhaps also the Fel dungeons.
  • A lot of attention has been poured into factions. What we haven't seen yet are the introduction of more faction-aligned monsters that can be killed to earn silver. Perhaps this is coming too.
  • Perhaps the silver payout tables used now are going to get a buff, or more items will be added that can only be acquired by paying for them in silver. I'm not talking about personal-use items. No, I'm talking about relatively expensive items that can be used to defend a stronghold or to carry out a raid. This could lead to more killing/hunting for silver.
  • With the introduction of gargoyles, we should expect to see new items showing up as loot. Given the gargoyles' love of crafting, these items may be made of substantially heavier material than the majority of loot we've seen up until now.
  • If weapons are being "rebalanced," this may literally mean some of them become heavier than they are now.
  • If the material that armor is made of becomes more important (e.g., metal wears out slower and provides better protection), you may see a shift away from wearing so much leather armor.
  • Imbuing may also cause a shift away from wearing so much leather armor.
  • Training in the imbuing skill is going to require massive amounts of items that can be melted down to turn into resources that are needed to train the skill. The durability of imbued items can't be increased with powder of fortifying, so they will eventually wear out. Both of these imbuing-related changes will lead towards an increased interest in being able to find lootable items of decent quality and acquiring them in mass amounts.
  • The UO team has acquired some new tools to let them keep track of certain in-game data that they were never able to track previously. Who's to say they don't now have the ability to monitor all bag of sending transactions and use that information to identify characters that are gold farming on auto-pilot?

D

DarkScripture

/seconded!

Please:
Keep the oddities (including bandies on mummies, food on rats and titans and so on)
This is VERY important. I think the whole idea of hunting something for what it may carry. Lich Lords are farmed for Necro regs, and so forth.

E

eolsunder

Well i would love that to happen also, but look how long it took them to make non-fel champ spawns worthwhile to work, and this will tell you how long it will take to implement that idea hehe.

There is nothing wrong with bags of sending for someone who has them and is out hunting and gathering gold. The origional ones were kinda of unbalanced in the ratio you could rake in gold. I love them because i could sit somewhere and train karma/honor or what ever, and send 100k+ to the bank every so often. Easy gold. Overpowered? Yes of course.

And thats the reason many people asked for them to be changed some. Maybe cut their usefulness in half by making them take 2 charges to send something, or what ever. But the staff then nerfed them all together making them about useless.

And now we have them back, and not only at their original gold farming levels, but much much better. I just don't understand the logic at all, suddenly gold farming is on the rise and soon will be more popular than ever.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

/seconded!

Please:
I could not agree more.

I would much prefer to see monster loot bumped in intensity vs. quantity. Who cares if an Ice Fiend drops 3 weapons, 2 rings, 2 pieces of armor, a gem, and 656 gold if all the items are utter crap?

Why not have an Ice Fiend, for example, drop 2 items of fair to good quality, and no gold or just drop like 2k in gold? Also, shouldn't those weapons be cold based? I think that would make the most sense. I have heard devs, and players, remark on the sheer number of items in game. Reducing the overall volume of items as monster loot is key to fixing this.

Another suggestion...

How about introducing something like armor sets that monsters can randomly drop pieces of? Not as nice as the scout suit, or the sorcerer suit, but something of real use. Imagine there being 12 unique armor suits and regular monsters of high enough difficulty dropping pieces of it at random, but rarely. Currently, you can get a poor to fair piece of armor off of some monsters, but most of that is good only for fill in pieces at best, or equipping new guildies or new players.

U

UOKaiser

Most keep on forgetting the obvious. Gold scripters are not on there computer. Which means they can do it with the bags or without. It doesnt matter if it takes a little extra to recall out or path find out. There not there so it doesnt matter.
The BOS nerf and gold weighing so much only hindered the attended player cause they have to be there and have no choice but to notice it.Many of the ishnear hunting spots abandon. Now they will be active again. There playing time is at stake not a bot.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Wow, here 's the problem with your theories. The idea that inflation has made the cost of powerscroll multiply by 5 is complete BS. Sorry to say it. IMHO due to the reductions in player base and the supply of powerscrolls , if anything they should be cheaper then ever before. Infact 110 and 115 may get dropped to the ground simply due to lack of demand

A good intention thread is now clearly trollong
Then again maybe they should just ban everyone in his guild for having too much gold. That would be an effective gold sink...right? Seriously too much gold in circulation isn't a problem in and of itself. It's the mentality of the player that's creating inflation.

M

Malimus

This change needed to happen imo (Bringing back BoS's and the gold weight reduction). I believe we should see a little improvement in the UO economy do to this. Short and long term. Be more buisness for player run vendors as well as other benefits because your average player has more gold in his/her pocket.

Makes hunting dungeons more worth while again to. Speacially Fel dungeon's cause you cant recall out to bank. :thumbsup:

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't understand macro-economics JC, and neither did they. The price of gold for sale dropped after the BOS nerf, because suddenly the demand went up. counter-intuitively, none of this was much but a fork in the road for scripters, and they all ran to fill the demand for people who didn't want to haul gold around, and people could buy gold for a dollar or even less sometimes, so the actual amount of gold in the game went UP, because people would rather just pay 10 bucks than spend their 3 or 4 hours of game time running 15 or 20k back and forth, back and forth. If everyone has their own ability to collect their own gold more, the demand will go down on the scripters, people will actually be willing to put a bit of effort into collecting it themselves more, and the actual result will be there will be less gold because the value of an actual dollar bill will go up vrs the value of a million gold, and although that sounds like that would make gold cheaper, its fake money versus real money, and so people will be more likely to keep their dollar bill and not buy gold because it's not a commodity, less people will script, simply because the time spent to get the gold will be less, so less people will script or buy gold. What we're worried about here is real business activity outside the company of people who can could and did easily still farm gold on multiple computers with macros going and have alarms go off if anyone came around to say something or their macroes stopped working. The price of gold will go up now, because real people won't be encouraged to buy it as much. Gold will actually be worth more. Don't be a fool. If a real player can go farm his own gold while he's really there, that is really playing and he really won't be as encouraged to buy it, and the supply of people bothering to supply it will go down, and yes, like i said, the price online will go up, because then the ones who have it think it's worth more, because it is to them, because they need a profit, will need to rely and have to rely on the people who will pay triple the price anyway because they are well off. If you have 1000 people who will pay 3 dollars a million but if you can get 9000 people who will pay 1 dollar a million, if you add 4000 people ot the 1000, you lower it to 1 dollar. if its down to just 1500 with the other 1000 at 3 dollars of people who will pay one dollar a million you raise the price back up to where the 1000 people who will 3 dollars are, you stand to make more money that way then. The numbers are just examples not based on any stats of people buying gold. But it shows how a lowering of demand can raise a price. If I didn't explain it right, this means eventually your gold will be worth more. It's textbook.
Your macro economics don't make much sense. You assume that the price will go up because the gold will be valued more (to the seller?!?!?) in order to continue making a profit.

Yet you do not mention once the downward pressure competition between sellers causes on the price (especially if the demand goes down because people are more apt to get it themselves.)

Gold will QUICKLY start to lose real $$ value as one tries to undercut the next in order to tap into the playerbase willing to spend $$ on UO gold.

You forget that gold is being SCRIPT farmed by automated bots. There isn't a labor force, or associated costs with generating this kind of revenue. It is free money... all it takes is the sellers time as long as he/she has the set-up.

Gold... should become damn near worthless in irl dollars.

Its... textbook.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

There isn't a labor force, or associated costs with generating this kind of revenue.
Well, this is not entirely accurate.

The devs have taken steps to make sure that non-paying trial accounts are no longer able to script-farm gold.

Since these scripters are now going to have to PAY for their accounts, there is a cost associated with it.

But, I will say this, the price of gold, in real world dollars, is dropping. I think the fact that your average player can more easily obtain large amounts of gold due to the changes is the reason.

M

Maetrix Highmoon

I agree with you...is seems a bit confusing but, I will be the last one to complain. Less bank trips and bag charges to waste.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
But, I will say this, the price of gold, in real world dollars, is dropping. I think the fact that your average player can more easily obtain large amounts of gold due to the changes is the reason.
I think that's a good thing. If players farm their own gold and resources, UO will get rid of a lot of dupers, scammers and hackers.

If this parasites can't sell their gold, resources and runic tools, they will go away.

If someone is able to make RL money from UO, it will hurt the game.

The game had changed alot over the years and in many ways it did get to complicated.

If I look back, I loved running my shops before AoS, I did not have to do bods, heartwood quests and peerless to be able to stock my vendors with PvP gear.

Now I have given up, it take to long time and my head hurts from trying find out what people need.

I do like alot of all the new we got but it is to complicated.

Changes to BoDs, to gold weight and the new imbue thing (when we get it) is small step the right way.

Factions items was very bad for the crafters as I had seen, factions players stopped buying crafted items.

Crafted items should be the most powerfull items, to keep the balance.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There isn't a labor force, or associated costs with generating this kind of revenue.
Well, this is not entirely accurate.

The devs have taken steps to make sure that non-paying trial accounts are no longer able to script-farm gold.

Since these scripters are now going to have to PAY for their accounts, there is a cost associated with it.
Because there aren't brokers out there who will sell you game time codes for UO gold...

It's really not that hard.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Because there aren't brokers out there who will sell you game time codes for UO gold...

It's really not that hard.
Well, that is true, there are...but it is better than just letting people sign up and script on trial accounts. I think that doing something to stop script farmers is better than doing nothing all.

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe we're getting some snazzy new gold sinks.
I can honestly say that I really appreciate how you tend to look on the bright side of things.

Oh, I know. It makes you a Fanboi...er...Fanboiette...er whatever.

But that's OK.

I still like it.