• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I didn't get the memo. (UPDATED)

• Thread starter Beer_Cayse
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

Beer_Cayse

How long has it been that LRC applied to Scribes? After quite a bit of downtime, I played my scribe/mage last night to find that his 100% LRC suit also applies to Inscription now.

I must have missed that somewhere/somewhen ... what publish was that in?

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: I didn't get the memo.

I still need regs to write scrolls, WTH?

W

woody_cats

missed that note also. Will have to chech this out tonight

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor

I am scribing scrolls right now with 100% LRC suit on and STILL need the reagents on me to make a scroll.

WildStar

B

Beer_Cayse

I made 16 spellbooks for newbies and filled 1st and 2nd circle spells with no reagent usage at all. I use UOA, counted resources at the start and used zero regs. He carries 100 each mage and necro regs when scribing.

I'll be finishing them tonight and will watch. It might be that I was doing low-level scrolls ... but I find it hard to believe they'd segregate/limit stuff like that.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I've noticed that the UOA counts on regs aren't always accurate. Specifically, if you don't use the Count Resources button at least once during the time you're logged on with the character, it can look like you aren't using regs, at least for spell casting. There's been more than one occasion that I've been playing on a newb mage character that has no LRC suit and uses regs and been totally astounded when I got the message about not having enough regs when UOA made it look like the character had 100+ of the ones she needed to have. Then I used the Count Resources button, and yup, outta regs. Grr.

B

Beer_Cayse

aye - that's why I'm going to look again. sure sign of not counting is when you want to bandage self and it tells you it can't find them! yet there's a stack of 100 or more!

OooOoOoOO

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Uh I made like 1k recall scrolls over the past few days and used 1k of each reg required, 1k of each blank scroll, and had a 100% LRC suit on while doing it.

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I have a GM scribe and I use buttloads of regs...I think you may be miscounting or something? Got a hidden reg bag on ya somewhere? Are you using UOA and counting resources? Are you wearing arcane clothing? (not sure if that makes a difference or not as I have never tried it) Something isn't jiving with what you are saying because it still yanks my regs away no matter how much lower reg I am wearing.

B

Beer_Cayse

Found the problem ... I kicked off recount but the key was stuck! I pushed the UOA NUM LOCK key and then turned around to get some notes I needed. When I turned back, the screen was clear - like it had finished the messages and they'd died.

Not so. The NUM LOCK key got jammed and never activated, thus I had NOT counted resources like I thought. <sigh> I cleaned the keyboard tonight AFTER sitting there and actually watching things not happen.

So I didn't get that memo as there wasn't one! Once fixed, resources counted and I used a boatload of regs filling a bunch of newbie spellbooks - mods like Eval, Med or Magery mods.

Thanks guys ... I am now going to make an omelet from all that egg on my face!

G'nite.

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Found the problem ... I kicked off recount but the key was stuck! I pushed the UOA NUM LOCK key and then turned around to get some notes I needed. When I turned back, the screen was clear - like it had finished the messages and they'd died.

Not so. The NUM LOCK key got jammed and never activated, thus I had NOT counted resources like I thought. <sigh> I cleaned the keyboard tonight AFTER sitting there and actually watching things not happen.

So I didn't get that memo as there wasn't one! Once fixed, resources counted and I used a boatload of regs filling a bunch of newbie spellbooks - mods like Eval, Med or Magery mods.

G'nite.
LoL awww we all do stuff like that. I know I am the queen of "egg face" so not a big deal. Glad you got it fixed!

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

G'nite.
LoL awww we all do stuff like that. I know I am the queen of "egg face" so not a big deal. Glad you got it fixed!
Speak for yourself, I'm perfect. :p