• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I *censored* hate people sometimes.

G

So I'm getting my char ready for the ATL Factions event and I already know I'm going SL once I land there so I (re)join SL so I can have some bonded warhorses when I actually land on ATL.

The CL of Shadowlords doesnt show up on UO.COM char search. Awesome, I get myself a kill on a TB day one. Score, its going great. Election starts the next day and awesome for me I can run for CL since I got that kill.

So now I'm CL. I have to go get sigils.

Well on LS theres a group of 5+ kids in CoM who I've only seen PvP once in awhile, I figure this will be cake, they shouldn't care if I take a sigil.

Well I take one, and they come after it. Not one or two against me. 5. Constantly all five of them are coming after me. I manage to kill them a few times but one person can only keep up that pace so long before they eventually get me on foot, FS spam, Fireball spawm, LP spam and Running Shot spam.

So I talk to their thief, explaining I only want one sigil for one round so I can get myself a warhorse then they can have it back. I figure if they were in it for a fun FIGHT they wouldn't be ganking me 5v1. They respond with "we'll be back for the sigil".

So they get it and capture the town while im sleeping. No big deal, I'll just wait until next time.

Brings us to today. I steal the sigils, they come after me in full force, I enlist the help of two friends and they stop fighting us because they are continually losing. Well my two partners have to log, and after they watch them leave they all rush in and gank me 5v1. Not to mention they've also placed a full double row of traps at the entrance of their base, and about 8 chars are in use (some of which never move at the same time). Now I'm getting annoyed. So I go to their base, pick up the sigil I've actually got corrupting before the timer corrupts it in their favor, and when I return to SL base, 5 kids... waiting for me... not interested in fighting... they just want the sigil... for god knows what reason...

And now it looks like they're turning Draconi's teleporter into a turret.

Fantastic.

I don't care if you move this thread to SnR.

I just hate crap like this. I think I'm going to begin recruiting.

F

Fayled Dhreams

I think I'm going to begin recruiting.

sounds like a good idea ...

Big Chief needum coupla braves ..
Wage War better ...

Ugh!

G

Yea but these kids don't even want to PvP and its pissing me off to NO end >.<

ALL that to prevent ONE guy from taking ONE sigil.

G

That's from halloween. I worked up begging on him to trick or treat faster (and then deleted it with a soulstone).

I should take that off my desktop...

I

imported_Spiritless

I have it up myself. I use it for setting my last target while a stone wall is up just prior to a duel.

N

nickdafunk

Now this is a moany whine if ever i've seen one.

Stop bleating you cry baby and suck it up.

G

People fighting over sigils in Factions? That isn't supposed to happen........

G

You're damn right I was whining.

That was the whole point of the thread.

Its not like I was here going "OMG THIS NEEDS TO BE CHANGED! ITS UNFAIR AND RUINING UO!!!!" So your post is clearly just an attempt to jab at me.

I was just here whining because I was irritated. I thought I'd made that clear in the post.

But its OK now.

I have gotten some friends to help me guard the sigils today, and these kids haven't even shown up to contest it.

...it just amazes me... all this over a horse...

^^

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well you play factions to play a pvp war combat. Not to get a cool looking horse. And so what if they keep coming after you 5 on 1. Its war. What part of war rules don't you understand? Its war. There are no rules. You kill the enemy by any means. That means 1 on1, 2 on 1, 5 on 1, 50 on 1. Doesnt matter. In war its all fair. I mean You think they arent playing nice or what not. But look at yourself. You only want the horse. That has nothing to do with the point of factions.