• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I am...

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
redoing my old pure blacksmith and making him into a mining warrior. I am curious though as to what I should set skills. I am going to have GM Mining and prolly 70-80 tinker on him. Now. I am thinking of doing Wep skill, anat, tactics, healing. Perhaps chiv and then tossing rest into focus?? This be enough to knock out a val ele if it pops up??? I will have all 70's nice warrior suit. HCI/DCI, the works. Any ideas???

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Using the template below with an elemental kryss and a 13 HCI shield in hand while mining, I almost never have to quit mining while fighting all the elementals. Sometimes I will have 3 agapite elementals at my feet when the vein runs out lol.
With copper and valorite elementals, sometimes I have to stop to heal.

My suit is mediocre...65,57,68,39,59.
Smith 116.3
Mining GM
Anat GM
Fencing GM
Tinkering GM
Healing 90
Armslore 80
Focus 33.7

I am presently raising armslore to 90 and Smith to 120 with the focus pts.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Here's what I have: It can handle anything short of a Copper paragon or a Valorite Paragon without breaking a sweat, but can do those with a little manuever room and a good supply of bandages.

120 Weapon skill (Macing, but see equipment)
120 Blacksmith
102 Tactics
100 Anatomy
90 Healing
100 Mining
100 Parry
74 Chivalry

Yes, that's 806 skill points.

My suit is medable, all 65 or higher resists, and consists of
Ancient Samurai Do (source of +10 of my parry)
Arms of tactical Excellence (source of +12 tactics)
Reading glasses of the trades
Human-wearable Fey Leggings from a Peerless (DCI 20% is very nice, and leaves room for other stuff on jewelry)
Runic-made Gorget
Stormgrip
Dupre's shield (another +5 parry and HP/HP regen)
Totem of the Void talisman.
Weapon is an Elemental Slayer Blackthorne's Kryss (though you could probably make a good comparable weapon with a bronze hammer, now)
The rest of my skill points come from a jewelry set with Parry, Chivalry and Anatomy bonuses totalling 59 points.

Most of the equipment is fairly common, and could easily have other stuff substituted for them. And, jewelry like what I use is dirt cheap, or often even ignored by others.

As long as your suit is medable, you probably don't need focus. If you are going to dig with garg picks, you don't need tinker - just take 8 garg picks, a single prospector tool, and 1-2 sturdy tools with you, and you will run out of space for even INGOTS before the tools run out in Trammel ruleset facets.

I'd recommend (if going without smithing or +skill equipment), at 720 points
Weapon 120
Mining 100
Anatomy 100
Tactics 100
Healing 110
Parry 110
Chivalry 80

With Smithing,
Weapon 120
Blacksmith 120
Mining 100
Anatomy 100
Healing 90
Parry 100
Chiv 70
Tactics: Whatever real skill points you can squeeze in from using jewelry on other skills (or just lowering them). You will have 20 points to start with on a 4-year account. You really don't need the ability to do special moves on the elementals, as in some cases (copper and valorite), that will just hurt you some more (consider their ability a form of non-magical Blood Oath effect). However, if you can squeeze in 70 real skill, armor ignores and other attacks can make the others drop quicker.

Alternatively, Use archery for the weapon skill, replace parry with tactics, and put the remaining 0-20 points into healing and/or chiv.

And, have Arms Lore soulstoned, and swap it out with a skill that has 100+ real skill points when needed for crafting.

I

imported_Gwendar-SP

I use 110 mage and a mage weapon bow on my miner. You want to keep your distance from val ele. Am not sure if I have tried a val yet. I do hunt all but val and copper tho. The lag the last few weeks makes ele hunting scary.