• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I am sorry S!ckLover...Archery

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I too have been hit with a couple of these Archers who do crazy damage. I got hit for a damage of 59! And then hit lightning hit so that was another 8! Happened severl time's. I could only heal through it a few times before the guy got me. First person I thought about was you, and said ohh, THATS WHAT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT. Sad thing is, if you do somehow manage to get the newb redlined he RUNS off screen using his cheat speeder.

So to you sir I apologize.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I too have been hit with a couple of these Archers who do crazy damage. I got hit for a damage of 59! And then hit lightning hit so that was another 8! Happened severl time's. I could only heal through it a few times before the guy got me. First person I thought about was you, and said ohh, THATS WHAT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT. Sad thing is, if you do somehow manage to get the newb redlined he RUNS off screen using his cheat speeder.

So to you sir I apologize.
Parry and DCI Own archers 8 outa 10 times :thumbsup:

NB-Cats

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wait until you get moving shotted down.

They didn't cap that dmg and it hits way to often thanks to hit lower defense.

S

Simon Francis

EA has favored mindless PvP since the very begining, introducing Large Battle Axes.

Anakena

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wait until you get moving shotted down.

They didn't cap that dmg and it hits way to often thanks to hit lower defense.

Yeah. I was sick of that. So i builded a character with legend wrestling/ legend parry AND I got 60 DCI on his suit. I remember seeing some of them coming on these boards asking for nerfing parrying :lick:

G

GL_Seller

I fight archers everyday and my lowest resist is 69. Are you saying u got normal shotted for 59? Thats never ever happened to me. What kind of a bow were they using? Whats ur resists? Conc blows can get that high but thats a conc blow and thers variables that determine how hard they hit etc. If it was a Yumi bow there is/was a bug that allowed these people to do no mana dbl shots. Again though thats 2 hits not one.

If you could provide little more info would be appreciated. I fight them on my parry mage and my mage weapon using mage and have never been hit by a 60+ pnt regular shot.

Z

Zurloth

If he got hit for 59 and then lightning he had to of been talking about more than one damage set.

Conc on the crossbow if he was High mana / low health or no mana / full health wich can now have 2 hit spells (thanks for fixing velocity?) could easisy hit for over 60.

Yumi double shot (with its high base damage and now posible double hit spell) can hit for over sixy to but i think he was talking conc.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was full health, and I run a parry mage with 65 dci and a mage -20 mage wep wearing a crystaline ring. My phys resist is 66. I was under no debufs, but It might have been a conc blow. As I was freshly resed and had just remounted. But still I can see S!cks point.

V

Vyal

yall know there is a bug with archery and archers can use two special moves at once if they know what they are doin right?

psst dmg cap is 35 btw. 35 times 2 + hf or hl = killer blows.

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks.

I don't wish to interest anyone in Archery's issues anymore. It seems people are happy with Archery as it is now.
In my last post nobody managed to offer a single constructive comment or argue properly about any of my points. In fact I got a bit of trash-talking a la UHall.

When I tried to reply I was informed my new post was screened by a moderator even though it contained NOTHING insulting, rather explanations on some things that got people really confused.

Just for conversation sake, if it's Concussion Blow hitting you you'd be seeing 2 numbers, and with a large difference between Mana/Health you could possibly see 59 as the second number, being a mage with lots of mana. Which is basically bull**** because it's over the CAP and anyhow it's a lot of damage. In my case the hit was normal so it was more frustrating. Not a special move, not 2 numbers!

Nevermind Concussion, here's the latest 'tactic'.. Uber 40% SSI Yumi. :bowdown: Velocity + Spell Effect + Double Shot against my 69 Physical = 65-70 Dmg..... At 120 Parry, 45%+ DCI, I've yet to block or evade that special move's 2nd hit, unlike Double Strike.. a bug?

Dismount or Mortal, switch to Yumi and 1 or 2 Double Shots kill me.
If I try to run, Moving Shot.
If I try to Disarm they run off with Moving Shot.
If I try to dismount them they run off with Moving Shot.
POINTLESS.

A

AtlanteanAngel

Nevermind Concussion, here's the latest 'tactic'.. Uber 40% SSI Yumi. :bowdown: Velocity + Spell Effect + Double Shot against my 69 Physical = 65-70 Dmg..... At 120 Parry, 45%+ DCI, I've yet to block or evade that special move's 2nd hit, unlike Double Strike.. a bug?
That's right. Unlike Double Strike, the second arrow from Double Shot will always hit after the first one does. Seems to be intended, rather than a bug.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I try to run, Moving Shot.
If I try to Disarm they run off with Moving Shot.
If I try to dismount them they run off with Moving Shot.
POINTLESS.
Moving shot totally negates the one balancing factor Archery used to have.

The moving shot special needs to be removed or have it's mana cost seriously increased along with a major HCI penalty.

Z

Zurloth

To s!ck loveR

What shards are you playing that these archers are hitting you for that much?

Im currently playing 4 Shards (i play all mages) ive never been hit with those kind of numbers (66-70 phy on all suits). I RARELY ever run into any problem with any archer.