• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) I am Sad

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
years ago there was a Township here on Sonoma located on the Fel side at the Spirituality Shrine area and it was called Caendryl.
started back in 1998 and was alive and current until around 2001.
while that is not a long time in a game that has lasted 20 years it was very neat and original because of a couple of things.
Firstly it has a couple Seer Blessed Houses.
The 2 that always stood out to me was the Lab right at the Shrine and the Stable that was located a screen or 2 to the West.
The Stable was important to me over these years because it was a good place for me to be able to access the stable with my Red Tamer and all my Reds. Over the years i started using it more and more with my other characters and i dont know when but at some point it became my stable place that all my characters used.
It was always neat to run into people there that used it as well.
it was a real treat when you would run into someone who was back after years of being away and sitting around there at the Stable and catching up.

Long story short in the last day or 2 the Stable Master was deleted.
I know this should not make me sad because i can go to an of 100 other stables and use the Hitching posts that are in my castles..... but i am sad, and i do miss it!

I even had a house there after the Seer Blessed house dropped years ago in the 'big house drop night'

if anyone wants to go have a look at the neat are it is located here:

74' 10'S 14' 58' E
or by the other way
x:1536 y:2468

you cant miss it.
there is a fence and a water trough and a saddle on a rack there.... just no stable master!

if you bored check out the old web page for the township.
old graphics but still neat too see.

http://caendryl.com/

i did shoot @Mesanna a email about it asking if they would put him back but in the big picture im sure its not worth the resources to send a Dev out to replace our missing stable master.

Thought id slip and and share the news.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
hmmm, had some screen shots from over the years, trying to find them.

EM Chimaera

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
@Poo, I've put in a request, as well. For now, I'll be adding something special to commemorate this historic location. I remember going here when I was a young player and completely forgot about this place. I think it's been fifteen years, at least. Thank you for pulling me back to a place of fond memories.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Missing stable master.jpg
We have had a lot of missing stable masters. Ones I know of, the area above and outside luna, NW side there was a stable master there, he is gone now. In Eodon the one on the way to Zippy is missing now. And I believe the one at the Malas hostel is also missing.

Moonglow has missing one as well!!!

From Kimi files in 2005
Missing stable master1.jpg

Last edited:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
received a email from a dark lady to go look at the stable.
found a stable master ready and waiting to take my request!

to celebrate i went and killed a recall miner!!!

also noticed a nice little memorial stone there too @EM Chimaera

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I need to check the mage tower no email for me :( guess I not famous enough like you old man ;)

Yep double checked no stable masters, the three I reported still missing

Last edited:

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Well, Varsuvious is still missing as of this morning. A reading of the cards shows an unclear message.

card reading.jpg Image2.jpg sn-Dedication_of_the_Sonoma_MageTowerKM.jpg still missing.jpg

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
still missing and here another that went missing at the same time

1-26-160002.jpg