• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Provocation] Hunting with a bard....

QII

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Everyone, I have a few questions I need a hand with. I am just about done training my bard and have done some hunting with him and am looking forward to doing a lot more....

1. Should I bring pets with me, like golems and/or vollems?? Any advice would be appreciated, things like when to use them and where to get them??

2. Where should I do this hunting??

Basically, I am looking for any advice....a lot has changed and I am still getting to know the game again...

Thanks....

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
id just start off with summons like EVs and such.
get use to them, then you can get into the other stuff like Vollums and all that other stuff.
and id only get into vollums if i had the bonded ones, not the tinker ones.
they die too easy.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure what template you are using but my pure bard manages pretty well on Level 3 Shame.
I typically have both peace spellsongs up full time, and farm by provoing the wind elementals beside the mage spawn. I typically carry 5-10 greater heals and 5 cures, but other than my suit and instrument thats all I carry. You have to stay on your toes but I find it to be a nice location, and I get decent drops as well.
( I dont have magery so its all bard action)

Last edited:

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pure Bard with Magery summons definitely is good enough and allow you to be mobile and not have to worry about dead pets.

With peace mastery songs, summoned earth elementals can do pretty well especially when your target is discorded.