• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hunters - your feedback is needed!

G

<center>
</center>

Greetings, fellow Hunters!

I would like to ask you for your input concerning the future content of this forum. To me it looks like it could use a little life.

Of course there will be a FAQ thread - so if you have any questions you would like to see answered in there please let me know.

Furthermore I would like to have a section with guides (hopefully written by players) for various subjects, e.g. which pet to choose for what task, PvE and PvP tactics, Hunter quests, group tactics etc.

If you have any suggestions please post here - thank you in advance!

I

IusedtoPKinUO

Nice

I would recommend a list of all the different builds ( PVE build, PVP build, instance build , grinding build, farming build etc.) for hunters and maybe one list for the pet choice ?

there is also a site with a pet talent calculator , wich is very handy.
Do not know the link yet , will look it up

G

I have a crab called crappie (has great armor btw), my knowledge of hunters is quite limited

G

I have a Raptor named Bitey.

I agree with PK, I thinkw e should make some guides regarding how to play one, different specs, etc..etc..

S

SmokMnky

in your FAQ make sure to include things like the general accepted raiding spec

5/31/15, a decent pvp spec 0/21/30 and other things.

Also an explaination of the 10 sec shot rotation to maximize your raid dps might be nice.

Also maybe some other info about the epic bow quest and a link to TKA something for info about the different demons? http://tkasomething.com/avatarfaq.php

S

SmokMnky

Standard 5/31/15 Raid DPS Spec
Beast Mastery Talents - 5 point(s)

# Improved Aspect of the Hawk - rank 5/5

Marksmanship Talents - 31 point(s)

# Improved Concussive Shot - rank 2/5
# Efficiency - rank 5/5
# Lethal Shots - rank 5/5
# Aimed Shot - rank 1/1
# Hawk Eye - rank 3/3
# Mortal Shots - rank 5/5
# Scatter Shot - rank 1/1
# Barrage - rank 3/3
# Ranged Weapon Specialization - rank 5/5
# Trueshot Aura - rank 1/1

Survival Talents - 15 point(s)

# Monster Slaying - rank 3/3
# Humanoid Slaying - rank 3/3
# Savage Strikes - rank 2/2
# Improved Wing Clip - rank 2/5
# Survivalist - rank 5/5

Standard 0/21/30 PvP Spec
Marksmanship Talents - 21 point(s)

# Improved Concussive Shot - rank 5/5
# Efficiency - rank 1/5
# Aimed Shot - rank 1/1
# Hawk Eye - rank 3/3

Survival Talents - 30 point(s)

# Deflection - rank 2/5
# Survivalist - rank 5/5
# Deterrence - rank 1/1
# Surefooted - rank 3/3
# Killer Instinct - rank 3/3
# Counterattack - rank 1/1
# Lightning Reflexes - rank 5/5

I

imported_Kalibek

<blockquote><hr>

Standard 0/21/30 PvP Spec
Marksmanship Talents - 21 point(s)

# Improved Concussive Shot - rank 5/5
# Efficiency - rank 1/5
# Aimed Shot - rank 1/1
# Hawk Eye - rank 3/3

Survival Talents - 30 point(s)

# Deflection - rank 2/5
# Survivalist - rank 5/5
# Deterrence - rank 1/1
# Surefooted - rank 3/3
# Killer Instinct - rank 3/3
# Counterattack - rank 1/1
# Lightning Reflexes - rank 5/5

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost all of our hunters use a similar build to this for raiding because their agility/ap is so freaking high.

I

IusedtoPKinUO

Can I PVP with that raid spec ?
Or should I stick to the PVP one ?

S

SmokMnky

<blockquote><hr>

Can I PVP with that raid spec ?
Or should I stick to the PVP one ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a hybrd spec for my hunter 1/31/19 which works well. basically I just took the 5 points from Beast for the Hawk buff and switched it over to the 10% increase in health.

<blockquote><hr>

Almost all of our hunters use a similar build to this for raiding because their agility/ap is so freaking high.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes at a certian point (around 400-450 unbuffed AGI) the 0/21/30 becomes nice for PvP and Raiding. However from a pure DPS point of view 5/31/15 still out shines them all

S

SmokMnky

10 Second Shot Rotation for PvE raids

First off let me say, this shot rotation is really only useful on longer fights. Generally in 5-10 man instances you do not have enough time to fully use this because the mobs (enimies) are dying so quickly. Its best to look at this as a guide for how to get the most dps out of your hunter, not the end all be all way to raid. The best advice I can give hunters is to get a feel for your class, your raid and your guild and play to their strengths and weaknesses. Ok now on to the rotation

The basic rotation looks like this

1. Start fight
  2. Fire Multishot
  3. Press your Aim Shot button and wait for cast
  4. wait for both Aim Shot and Multi shot to cooldown
  5. Repeat

The reason this is called a 10 second shot rotation is because Multishot has a 10 second cooldown, this is also why you start with multi (because it makes it easier to count)

Explaination of 10 sec rotation
When you first start the fight its best to wait a few seconds to let your tank get aggro on the mob you are killing, this is standard for any fight but I just felt like pointing that out.

Once you or your tank feels comfortable with his aggro gain start your multishot. The reason you start with multi is because it has a 10sec cooldown which will help you with your countdown. Basically any time multishot is up you want to use it and once multishot is finished you will immediately fire an auto shot. After your global cooldown has finished you need to immediately hit your Aim Shot button to start the 3 second cast. Once your Aim shot goes off you will fire another auto shot. At this point your cooldowns are down and you are bascially just waiting for your multishot to come up again. While your cooldowns are up you fire around 2-3 additional auto shots which increase your dps.

So if your keeping track heres what happens

1. Start fight
  2. Fire Multishot - 0 sec
  3. Auto Shot fires -.5ish sec
  4. Aimshot casts - 1 sec
  5. Aim shot fires - 4 sec
  6. Autoshot immediately following Aimshot 4.5ish sec.
  7. Multishot and Aimshot cooling down 5 sec
  8. Auto Shot 6 sec
  9. Auto Shot 8.5 sec
  10. Autho Shot 10ish sec
  11. Multishot cooldown finished 10 sec
  12. Repeat

Now these are pretty general and like I said its not a true "10 sec" more like 10.5 but with multi on a 10sec cooldown that makes it fairly easy to do.

Any questions?

(p.s. these numbers are with a 2.9sec bow like the epic hunter bow Rhok'delar)

S

SmokMnky

No problem. hopefully someone finds it useful. I was amazed at how many hunters don't actually know/used this

G

I would imagine that a lot of Hunters heard of it but had no clue how to use it.

I

IusedtoPKinUO

Love what you are doing with this forum !!
Very impressive.

/bow