• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hunters need some lovin'

• Thread starter imported_infiniti
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_infiniti

Hello,

I know Valentines is long gone now, but there still needs to be some love sent the way of those who dungeon crawl in hope of finding items that are actually worth keeping.
The trouble is when we do find an item that has the potential to match a runic made peice of armour when enhanced, it tends to find its way to enhancing heaven 99 times out of 100.

This was fine when we could use bags of sending, as one day we would have enough gold to buy a decent item.
Now when hunting in non recalling areas gold gets left behind, thats a luxury some might have, but not all.

So how about some love to those who like to delve deep into the darkest dungeons in search of something worthy, either a higher drop rate of nice items or a tweak to the enhancing system, or even better, my favourite idea that provides another gold sink, an npc we can pay for better odds at having a nice looted item enhanced!

Lets see the love for the adventurer!

G

I agree, higher drop rate would be nice, only on peerless and champspawn bosses you can find items that's getting close to runic made items!

C

Connor_Graham

Bags of Sending are unnecessary for the attended player, in almost any location on the blue side of the moongate, and even on the red side in a lot of places as well.

I

imported_Ozymandies

I was thinking you would find reagents that would help you enhance stuff. They are in the mage shop somewhere: blood spawn, wyrm's heart, obsidian and a few others.

So, kill the blood elly, get the blood spawn, it helps you enhance items somehow. Maybe these have a timer, they have to be "fresh".

Maybe craft/find a special tool that gives bonuses for enhancing.

OZ

I

imported_Coppelia

<blockquote><hr>

Bags of Sending are unnecessary for the attended player, in almost any location on the blue side of the moongate, and even on the red side in a lot of places as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're rude.
We all know there are "solutions". Just they aren't fun for everybody. See sticky for more information.

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I was thinking you would find reagents that would help you enhance stuff. They are in the mage shop somewhere: blood spawn, wyrm's heart, obsidian and a few others.

So, kill the blood elly, get the blood spawn, it helps you enhance items somehow. Maybe these have a timer, they have to be "fresh".

Maybe craft/find a special tool that gives bonuses for enhancing.

OZ

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't ruin any more rares..

I

imported_infiniti

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you even play, or just do stratics as your game? 10k posts, my money is on stratics.

I

imported_Heartseeker

Agreed.

He is like a robot.

Not much thought and very predictable.

We get it Connor, you like things the way they are.

Guess what? Some of us are of a different opinion.

I

imported_Skrag

<blockquote><hr>

Now when hunting in non recalling areas gold gets left behind, thats a luxury some might have, but not all.

[/ QUOTE ]

My old time trial thread seems to have vanished into history, but in it I timed myself running to and from different locations. A simple dungeon-bank-dungeon recall run took an entire twenty seconds. Running from a moongate to the gargoyle city bank in the center of Ilshenar took less than two minutes. Even running out from the bottom of Felucca Despise, recalling to the bank, depositing gold, recalling back, and running all the way to the bottom again took less than three minutes.

If you're too lazy to pick up gold and carry it to the bank, then you don't deserve any gold. Including gypsy camps, you're never more than one minute away from a bank in Ilshenar.

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

If you're too lazy to pick up gold and carry it to the bank, then you don't deserve any gold. Including gypsy camps, you're never more than one minute away from a bank in Ilshenar.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont pick up gold, but I go just to go through and kill the MOBs. I dont go hutning just for gold. My vendor makes me more than enough daily. I rarely hunt anymore though. Before had a little reward for killing everything in sight. now I gotta run to the bank every 5 mins.

C

Connor_Graham

"You're rude. "'

Exactly how was I being rude? I simply made a very plain statement.

Believe me, you'd know if I was being rude beyond a shadow of a doubt.

C

Connor_Graham

"He is like a robot.

Not much thought and very predictable."

It's the ones that can't argue a point that result to insults.

"We get it Connor, you like things the way they are."

Where did I say that? I simply stated they weren't necessary for the attended player.

"Guess what? Some of us are of a different opinion."

Yeah, and your point is? You can post your opinion and I can't post mine?

I think you know better than that.

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you even play, or just do stratics as your game? 10k posts, my money is on stratics.

[/ QUOTE ]

And thus we're back to the "if you don't have enough posts you don't know what you're talking about" and "if you have too many posts you don't know what you're talking about" argument.

Here's a tip.....that never works.

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Were you even ever around before BoS were? BoS were one of the dumbest things they ever added to the game and are a major reason of inflation. Things were way out of hand.

A better question for you to have asked would have been, "if I didn't waste my time posting ignorant responses on Stratics, could I probably learn how to farm gold nearly as fast as I used to with BoS?"

But ya didn't ask yourself that one did ye?

I can farm the crap out of gold, just like I did 10 years ago. BoS's were a scripter's dream. A boon to the hunter, but stupid regardless. All those price drops on items lately? Thank BoS nerf. A good thing.

Now go learn some things about UO son.

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Here's a tip.....that never works.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another tip kids:

Don't eat yellow snow.

*tries in futility to catch up to Connor's post count*

At least my reg date is way older noob!

:p

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry but i would have to disagree on this one. Me personally, i've put together tons of complete 70 suits and not one item was runic made or gotten off a peerless or champ boss.

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the record though, I will agree with you on your original idea. The quality of dropped monster loot is completely worthless. Maybe not entirely, but damn close.

As it stands, the only decent loot you'll find is on peerless, or in Doom. If they are to keep crafting and such in the state it's in now, we need to have better loot drops.

But this has nothing at all to do with bags of sending. If your having trouble farming gold, read above. Or do peerless and get some nice drops. One crimson or blaze hair dye will have you started on the road to millions. Or do doom. Or farm gold the way us old timers did it. Or use a new method, one that I will not go into here. *hint* It's legal. Or wait for the next new thing to come out like rubble and farm it up and sell it later. I myself missed the bus on that one. grrr.

But ya don't see me complaining about it.

Your thread can be summed up to this: Everyone agrees that loot is horrid and has been for quite some time. Theres not much reason to hunt lower end stuff except to get gold. Items are a joke. Loot needs a bump on lower end stuff. But there are plenty of ways to make/earn gold if you have the time and the knowhow to go buy the stuff you want/need if you cannot get it through loot drops or crafting. It will just take you some time.