• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fencing] Human or elf?

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For a fencer pvm it's better elf or human race?
I know that humans have 20 of all skills ( the 0 ones), but there is a good reason to be human?
And for a macer? Better elf or human?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Human can carry more loot.

Elf has more mana.

Choose based on that. If you use a lot of spells/specials, then go elf. Otherwise it doesn't really matter.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Human can carry more loot.

Elf has more mana.

Choose based on that. If you use a lot of spells/specials, then go elf. Otherwise it doesn't really matter.
Most forget to take into consideration the reduced mana cost of being human. If you have a certain amount of skill points between weapon skills, poisoning, bushido, and ninja you get a reduced mana cost. This number is much easier to hit with human JoAT.

For PvP, mana is used for specials, and you can chain specials much more efficiently.

Now if you run a fencer/archer/bushido character or a ninja/nox/fencer Elf may be worth it because you'll have enough skill points as it is.

Also, in PvP there is definately something to be said for JoAT. Hiding, Spellweaving (attunement and gift of renewal), tracking, better stam/mana/hp regen. I prefer human in almost every scenario. My fencer/archer/bushy and my sampire are the only characters I would use as an elf.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lynk, i'ìve sayed in the first post that the char is a PVM fencer.
But also in pvm, if i play solo, i need mana. Do you mean that a human, with 50 int has more mana that an elf with the same int?
And please, what is JoAT?
Thanks!!

T

Turdnugget

If you have a mana leech weapon you shouldn't need high int/mana for PvM. You leech it from the monsters for the most part.

C

Connor_Graham

For a fencer pvm it's better elf or human race?
I know that humans have 20 of all skills ( the 0 ones), but there is a good reason to be human?
And for a macer? Better elf or human?
If it's PvM only and you have the 300 skill points that apply toward the LMC for specials, elf is the way to go.

E

eolsunder

Elves are superior.

Elves have more mana. many things are mana intensive.

Elves can wear human or elf clothing. Humans can't wear elf clothing. Thus humans only can wear 1/2 of what elves can.

Elves currently can get better runic tailor items because mage armor has been taken out of the chance when making regular runic leather, while nightsight has been taken out of the chance when making elf runic leather items. Thus when a craftsman uses a tailor runic kit to make elf runic leather items, they have 2 properties that will never show up (nightsight and mage armor), thus those 2 properties are replaced with other properties.

You don't have to worry about nightsight with your elf.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Elves are superior.

Elves have more mana. many things are mana intensive.

Elves can wear human or elf clothing. Humans can't wear elf clothing. Thus humans only can wear 1/2 of what elves can.

Elves currently can get better runic tailor items because mage armor has been taken out of the chance when making regular runic leather, while nightsight has been taken out of the chance when making elf runic leather items. Thus when a craftsman uses a tailor runic kit to make elf runic leather items, they have 2 properties that will never show up (nightsight and mage armor), thus those 2 properties are replaced with other properties.

You don't have to worry about nightsight with your elf.
Humans are superior.

With humans it typically takes less mana to perform special moves.

Humans have natural regeneration.

Humans can hide, cast spellweaving spells, track, and perform various other tasks with no investment.

Elves are ugly.

Leather armor does not "automatically" lose a mod based on mage armor. There was a *chance* that could have previously happened but that was fixed. Evidence: Pick 1 of the thousands of 5 mod pieces of leather armor and look at them. Other than that, you can simply wear the earings that allow you to wear elf clothes.

The only template worth being an elf is a sampire.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Elf earings are out?
Let's see... nocturne earings, protection earings, or elf earings. Decisions, decisions.