• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Human/Elf to train Imbuing

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was thinking, it is beneficial to use a crafted Soulforge to train imbuing because you don't get a bonus, would this not also be the case for char type?

Would it not make more sense to train with a non-garg character because the percent chance is lower (therefor you can use less resources for longer) and then just soul stone the skill over to a garg when you finish it? (or turn that char into a garg with the race change token?)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
yes to both...

N

Natalie Black

Exactly, trained mine all the way to 120 before I used my gargoyle token.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Elf can get 45 music from items. So can craft instruments with zero music skill. Garg can't wear elf-only armor with +10 music and singing axe with +5 music.

N

Natalie Black

Yeah...doing the same thing here. Plus it gives me a few more days to decide whether I really want to go garg. ;)
I wouldnt have it any other way for imbuing. You need every little % chance help to put those last properties on an item.

N

Natalie Black

Elf can get 45 music from items. So can craft instruments with zero music skill. Garg can't wear elf-only armor with +10 music and singing axe with +5 music.
I am moving all my carpenter skills to another character. I plan on training 75 imbuing on the carpenter. There are too many crafting skills now to have one all around crafter anymore. By the time I am done I will have 3 main crafters to balance out all the skills better.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am moving all my carpenter skills to another character. I plan on training 75 imbuing on the carpenter. There are too many crafting skills now to have one all around crafter anymore. By the time I am done I will have 3 main crafters to balance out all the skills better.
So very true...three crafters across two accounts for me.

G

guum

I wouldnt have it any other way for imbuing. You need every little % chance help to put those last properties on an item.
Yeah, but gargoyles are so gimped in so many other ways, I'm not crazy about the idea. Plus, I'd really hate not to be able to ride my blue beetle...it'd take forever for him to follow me around. I'm actually thinking I may make my tamer a gargoyle instead (now that they've fixed the flying stamina thing) and soulstone imbuing on and off of him. Plus, that makes it *much* easier to get the necessary loyalty to use the queen's forge.