• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Spellweaving] Hum, can't get the SpellWeaving quest if your Karama/Fame is negative?

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hum, can't get the SpellWeaving quest if your Karama/Fame is negative?

I did not read anything like this as far as I know, so I did the Necromancer skills first and naturally went to Outcast.

While Kool was glad to see me she would only give me quests to kill Mobs. I double checked with my Glorious Lady Tamer on the other account to make sure she was giving the quest and sure enough she was.

Anywho, I took the new character to Despise Ogre Lords and worked all that negative Karma/Fame off, went back and Kool promptly gave me the quest.

For some reason that just strikes me as strange and raises the question of "Does Fame/Karama have some influence on SpellWeaving spells".

Hex_Europa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the exception of the Friend of Fey/Fiend i am not aware of any karma related influences of Spellweaving.

Anyone else experienced this?

Z

Zodiac19

I had no problems with neg karma when I did it a month or so ago. Except where I need to do a task near good karma monsters, then it was run in invis get out...

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the exception of the Friend of Fey/Fiend i am not aware of any karma related influences of Spellweaving.

Anyone else experienced this?
I thought this was really odd as I went to Sanctuary. I did the Spellweaver on the other account there as well and knew pretty much what I had to do.

The only wrinkle was that character is also my Alchy+Scribe and has positive Fame+Karma.

At first all she would give the Negative Fame/Karma was "Marauders" were I had to kill 10 or 20 Ogre's. Ok I didn't remember needing to do that the other time but after a dozen or so refusals and not seeing any thing different I accepted went and killed them then I came bake and got a choice to Kill Ogre Lords "The brains of .... " or Kill Gargoyl's that were flying over dropping things on them (so the story line goes).

I said screw this, had the Glorious Lady Tamer go try and bingo she got it first try. I thin gave the new characters stuff to the tamer and left sanctuary ... dead of course.

Ran the tamer out went and killed Ogre's+Ogre Lords in despise for an hour or two and was "Renowned", went back into sanctuary ... dead of course, ran the tamer in with all the other things boards, etc. Resigned from the other Chain Quest and got the Discipline right off.

*Shrug* If no one else has experienced this, then maybe it was just a bad night for doing the quest.