• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Hrmmm

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems to me that lately there has been an increase in people selling alot of rares, lots of people seem to be selling their collections or a large amount of rares? anything to be worried about?

E

Elbryan Uthador

I don't think so, but I was told by a person that if we keep pushing the dupers they will mass release their items and ruin the game.

At least that is what I WAS told.

Alcestis

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And we're supposed to be a bunch of quiet weasels now cause they treathen us? :coco:

The Teacher

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And we're supposed to be a bunch of quiet weasels now cause they treathen us? :coco:

No one was threatened, and that wasnt said as a threat. that was said from a common sense point of view.

Think about it, Dupers only dupe stuff and sell stuff to make RL money, its a buisness for most ppl, now what would you do if someone tryied to ruin ur buisness in RL? you'd prolly beat there azz or find a way to rub it in there face right?

There ya go. Common sense tells you that if you fahk with someones buisness for long enough there guna fahk you back.

So if ppl keep fahking up the dupers market (and im saying ppl not EA, its EA's job, NOT YOURS!!!!) there probably guna fahk back by mass releasing all of there stocks thus ultimately killing the game =/.

So....STOP BEING STUPID AND LET EA DO THEIR JOBS !!!!

Alcestis

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Treyster,

Perhaps you should stop being stupid creating a new account every day just for it to get banned instantly ?

simonovsk

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If anything, this pretty much ruins your previous post anyway treyster.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems to me that lately there has been an increase in people selling alot of rares, lots of people seem to be selling their collections or a large amount of rares? anything to be worried about?
Well with the duping situation that has been stated over the past several weeks on this forum I would say that's part of it. I mean players have in some cases purchased rares via RL money and not UO gold. With the possible threat that an item they bought for lets say $500. might be worth $50 down the road, i can see where some players would be anxious to unload some of thier rares before its to late. Do I personaly have proof that thiers any duping going on, nope just what i read on the forums here. Am I selling any of my own rares that I collected over the years because of this, nope I'm not in it for RL money for me its for entertainment.

Another reason for alot of rares coming on the market is the simply fact (imo),
the game is losing its player base and that includes the rares community. This has not so much to do with the duping as it seems UO is currently on auto pilot with no real direction. Still tons of bugs, events that just don't develope as well as they should, and very ingame support as in GM's and such.

Just some of my opinions of whats been happening. :sleep2:

simonovsk

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I wouldn't exactly call that common sense ethics, it sounds more like the old mafia rule to me, or the Taxi Driver ethics.

Besides, to me the dupers releasing all their stock at once would pretty much be the best they could do, so we'd start afresh and all that...

Anyway, I too think it's a good thing you can express yourself here, so we get your side of the story. I'm sorry to say that so far, I do not find you not very convincing.