• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How's this for a Sampire ring?

Telraseth

Visitor
Skill bonuses okay but If you don't use a fast weapon you need ssi and some di. Swing speed is much more important

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it's antique. That means it will wear out incredibly fast and you'll have to keep an eye on the durability at all times and repair in time before it goes to 0 and loses maximum durability :-/

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Also for Sampire, don't you have to have 99.0 real Necro skill to cast? Unless they changed it which I hope..

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Also for Sampire, don't you have to have 99.0 real Necro skill to cast? Unless they changed it which I hope..
You do not need 99 real Necro to cast VE. However, you will pop out of form if you remove the jewelry that keeps you at or above 99 Necro.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
You do not need 99 real Necro to cast VE. However, you will pop out of form if you remove the jewelry that keeps you at or above 99 Necro.
WOW! There was a time when real 99 was necessary, or at least I thought so! This is super since I have necro + items, +necro ring, so I can boost other things by at least 40 skill points!
SWEET!! TY for info!

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
So you will not stray on the wrong or mistaken path:

Antique makes a little difference in value of the jewels. Also, if you look in the Traders Forum, 99% of the jewels that sell for up to 20M to 1p sometimes are antique. So antique does not necessarily make the item bad. Agree they wear out but slowly.
What makes them or breaks them is the mods on them, and whether buyers/players need them or not, and how badly they need the mods. I reckon..

Mayhem_wushu

Adventurer
I think that you will find that most of the higher priced items will not be used on a sampire, or any pvm toon really. Most of the expensive items are reserved for pvp. Antique property is not as big of an issue in a 2 minute fight and then standing around for 5 minutes. On the other hand standing in spawn for 20 minutes to an hr getting beat on will quickly destroy any gear.

I can't speak for everyone that plays multiple character types but generally my sampire gets good gear, not the best. Even though they earn me the most gold they do not need the best gear to be great. I generally shoot for no more than 5 mil per piece (except talismans). My best, most productive toon was wearing a suit made of throw away items and I might have had 20mil in gear total. That toon farmed a shard for 2 years and earned countless platinum worth of scrolls and imbuing ingredients, as well as a dozen slithers from medusa.