• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mining] Howdy, returning player here...

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I'm trying to get my mule back up and running and I'm having a problem with a simple macro setup.

FYI: Windows 7 x 64
Pinco's UI
82 month old acct.
Game and Pinco's are both current and up to date

I've setup a simple macro for LJing, target by resource, add axe, repeat 8 times, simple right, and works just fine.
So, I've tried to do the same type (tried a much more involved one first that didn't work), for mining. Target by resource, add shovel, set it for ore. When I try to use it.... "you cannot see that location". Tried a number of locations, same thing. made the macro, logged and relogged, same thing.

So I don't see where I'm screwing up. Anyone got an idea?

The first macro I tried was to mine the ore, then used the fire beetle to turn it to ingot, and packed it on the packmule. Saw it on a youtube video by Storm, couldn't get it to work either.

Thanks for any input,

Mac
(I'm getting too old for some of this, muhahaha)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Check to make sure you have legacy targeting turned off if I remember correctly

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, I've tried to do the same type (tried a much more involved one first that didn't work), for mining. Target by resource, add shovel, set it for ore. When I try to use it.... "you cannot see that location". Tried a number of locations, same thing. made the macro, logged and relogged, same thing.)
This is all I have and works ok here.

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, not sure whats up.....all legacy stuff under the legacy tab are unchecked. The last mining macro I was trying was exactly like the one DJ has posted above and it got the same message. I kept going simpler and simpler, ha! Grrrrrrrr.

Well, todays another day, and I'm gonna try again. I'll figure out why it ain't working and it'll be something stupid, lol. Thanks guys, appreciate your quick responses to assist. If anyone else has any input, I'm open to ideas. I'll let ya'll know if I figure it out.

Again, thanks,

Mac

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, not sure whats up.....all legacy stuff under the legacy tab are unchecked. The last mining macro I was trying was exactly like the one DJ has posted above and it got the same message. I kept going simpler and simpler, ha! Grrrrrrrr.
When i'm back tonight ill double check its all still working ok.

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Appreciate the help DJ, I'm wondering if there something wrong with the Target by Resource when trying to mine. I tried picks, instead of shovels, same thing.....I know its gonna be something dumb. lolol.

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK Corwin.....so standing a bit away for the side of the mountain worked.....see....I said it was gonna be me doing something dumb, lol. Thanks Corwin, Thanks DJ, Storm. Appreciate the help.

So now I'm gonna ask you for the next bit of the macro cause I can only get it to auto smelt, using my beetle, the first pile of ore in my pack. Storm, I set it up like your video,

first I setup a hot bar with each of the ores
I set the ore to target stored
and targeted the beetle

Macro is

target by resource
delay 1.5 sec (I've yet to play with the delay length)
target by resource
delay 1.5 sec
target by resource
then added each of the ore types to the macro bar

now it will smelt the first pile, but no more. I know the link between the piles and the beetle is good as I can double click a pile on the hot bar and it smelts that pile.

I tried jumping up and down on both the left and the right leg to make it work but no love.....that was after experimenting for about 2 hrs with different combos, adding delays, adding different number of piles, etc. So, what am I doing now...or better, what do I need to do now.

Thanks again guys. I shoulda never left UO, HA!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
OK you need to have each pile set to target your fire beetle one for each ore type large. I run this as one macro and then in the vid as you see i have all other ore types in a grid and each of those set to target beetle so when they pile up I just click on the one to smelt! you could make a macro to do it all but it would be way to slow!

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Storm. Appreciate the help. Its really nice to know, that even after being gone for so long, there's still plenty of help from folks like you, DJ and Corwin, thanks folks.

Mac

Mark Trail

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your last target should be the mining location of course. But suppose you heal yourself, then you are the last target. Pressing ESC should clear yourself out of that last target so the mining can continue. Otherwise you are mining yourself.

Ditto if you smelt and make the beetle the last target.