• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How you can tell new players are taming...

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm just waiting to tell someone after they have tamed a couple million polar bears that you can actually get to Taming 120 without taming a single animal.
Oh i can imagine how happy they will be to learn that :naughty-angel::devil:o.0

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm just waiting to tell someone after they have tamed a couple million polar bears that you can actually get to Taming 120 without taming a single animal.
Taming somehow perfectly illustrates whats wrong with UO. It does not take any meaningful skill to master taming, only weeks of grinding by taming the same beginner animals over and over.

The holy grind..

North_LS

Journeyman
WHAT YOU SAY?! theres millions of slaughtered bulls that have a bone to pick with you. how do you hit 90 for mastery gains without taming anything?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Buy the Mythic Token, buy any Taming Mastery Use it.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That is a bit remarkable, isn't it? One extreme to another ...

KimDeago

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
How do you use the mastery to gain? Sorry for being slow but I am old

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
How do you use the mastery to gain? Sorry for being slow but I am old
Once you hit 90 REAL taming you can then use the Taming Mastery by simply using any of the taming mastery spells over and over and over... your taming will raise.

Personally, I still prefer to tame unicorns and turn them into the Zoo...