• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] How to tell Hues on UO

MM/MINT

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Okay so I have seen many people ask for specific Hues of items and also asked how to verify for example if certain cloths are Europa Gold and what not.

My question is how to tell them apart? Is there a program I can use if so what is it and where can I get it. Also is there a list somewhere of what certain items hues are? Like gift boxes and such?

I know its alot of questions but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also I did find one program but I had no idea how to use it because it gave me a bunch of numbers and letter and wasn't specific.

Thanks again everyone in advance.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pincos UI for enhanced client has a hue detector. I believe this may be the only "acceptable" way of getting the Hue ID.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My question is how to tell them apart? Is there a program I can use if so what is it and where can I get it. Also is there a list somewhere of what certain items hues are? Like gift boxes and such?
As stated above you need the "Pinco UI" which is a fantastic custom UI for the enhanced client. You can download it here: http://www.guain.it/pincoUI/

Once setup you can simply assign a hotkey (I use insert) then click on the item. It then tells you the colour and the hue ID number like the example below.

MM/MINT

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thanks everyone but is there one for Classic Client? If so what is it or am I stuck only being able to use Enhanced to find out.

Another question I see alot of people say gift box like for instance 1052 or 1053 now is that the hue of the item or are there a certain number assigned to each one?