• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to solo champ spawns...

G

gjohnson5

I thought you can't keep scribe buff without scribe skill anymore?

Or can you just scroll that?
You cannot tell if that is an OSI shard or Freeshard , so this video doesn't matter

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I havn't done one for a while but im 99% sure i got better damage with Gargoyle slayer than a Demon slayer. For some reason i cant log in atm to check this
You will as a specific slayer does more damage than a super slayer:

"Super Slayers apply to whole groups of creatures. The Lesser Slayers are creature specific. They will say the name of the creature then slayer. For example: "Lizardman Slayer."
Until the Stygian Abyss expansion, all Slayers did double damage to applicable monsters. However, following that expansion, Lesser Slayers do triple damage, and Super Slayers still do double damage. The manufacturers stated explicitly that this was intended to increase the value of the Lesser Slayers, which were increasingly looked down upon by players (with a few notable exceptions, such as Scorpion Slayer, Spider Slayer, and Dragon Slayer, all of which had particular uses)."

From UOguide.

S

Splup

Alot of trash talk , yet I see no video's posted
*edit*
Well I see a video of SOMEONE (probably noone who posted here) doing a non Ish champ spawn
*edit*
I'm sry I had to cheat a bit... When I got rikky up my friend called he will pick me up in 15 mins for inside beachvolley. Yeah, it's as ridiculous as it sounds, a hall heated up to like 30+ degrees with beachvolley fields, but it was rainy and windy outside so better then nothing.

So I had to hurry so used my protector to discordance it... But was first bit confused with the recording that forgot to use Enemy of one and then Conc weapon, but after a while I got it running normally lol, thou recording lagged me a bit.

Sooo, pretty crappy performance but got it down in time without dying... Without disco it wouldv been same thing but wouldv taken longer and instead of broadsword I would have used katana or hatchet with HLD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McqeiG3cGeY

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sry I had to cheat a bit... When I got rikky up my friend called he will pick me up in 15 mins for inside beachvolley. Yeah, it's as ridiculous as it sounds, a hall heated up to like 30+ degrees with beachvolley fields, but it was rainy and windy outside so better then nothing.

So I had to hurry so used my protector to discordance it... But was first bit confused with the recording that forgot to use Enemy of one and then Conc weapon, but after a while I got it running normally lol, thou recording lagged me a bit.

Sooo, pretty crappy performance but got it down in time without dying... Without disco it wouldv been same thing but wouldv taken longer and instead of broadsword I would have used katana or hatchet with HLD.

Props for posting this though dude :eek:)

Though not quite (strictly) solo a pretty awesome show of what can be done.
Hopefully more will follow? Nice to be able to see you life bar - on most caps, this is missed!

S

Stupid Miner

Hm, what did you take the video capture with? Also, what was the final file size?
Mine's all fuzzy :(

Renowned Wyvern

C

chuckoatl

You will as a specific slayer does more damage than a super slayer:

"Super Slayers apply to whole groups of creatures. The Lesser Slayers are creature specific. They will say the name of the creature then slayer. For example: "Lizardman Slayer."
Until the Stygian Abyss expansion, all Slayers did double damage to applicable monsters. However, following that expansion, Lesser Slayers do triple damage, and Super Slayers still do double damage. The manufacturers stated explicitly that this was intended to increase the value of the Lesser Slayers, which were increasingly looked down upon by players (with a few notable exceptions, such as Scorpion Slayer, Spider Slayer, and Dragon Slayer, all of which had particular uses)."

From UOguide.
Which I find silly since super slayers take more weight to imbue..... Rather silly.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do you mean by this?

-OBSIDIAN-
At first, when I watched xxx's video, I thought, "Why does he have reactive and reflect up? isn't that gone with the wind since you need scribe to maintain it now?" Hehe, I'm an oldie, still trying to figure out my own sampire. He's a fencer but going to train swords up after watching that radiant scimitar, geez. I forgot how dominating whirlwind is at spawns.

But as I was addressed, a human can use 5th scroll, so I guess the guy uses reflect to help balance -25 fire from vamp, not really sure. Either way, his DCI is boss, wonder if he uses HLA too because I was surprised by how often he doesn't use feint (I'm a total feint crutch as I learn the ins and outs).

You cannot tell if that is an OSI shard or Freeshard , so this video doesn't matter
Well if you check all the videos from that guy they look pretty legit to me. The Sudiva ones are just amazing. I've never seen that many people work at once except at some old harrys, and even then, the uniform nature granted by Test Center really makes it an interesting watch.

To me, defeating some of the harder matches is too much work versus risk, especially since some of the things you can solo are better done with a group so more people get loot drops (Stygian, for example; Medusa seems pretty easy for me but still, drop rate suffers). However, some of the older peerless I think are actually better to solo than to do in a group. Pretty interesting, because, for the most part, a pocket percentage of people who look at champ soloing say, "that's dumb, they weren't designed to be solo'd." Except some were designed to be easier with less people.

L

Luke Carjacker

Which I find silly since super slayers take more weight to imbue..... Rather silly.
You find it silly because you don't understand how the damage calculations work. The slayer properties are part of the 300% cap on damage increase. So, if you have a regular slayer with 3x damage, then any other DI in your suit & equipment is wasted. Anyone who's carrying a regular slayer weapon with any DI on it is wasting the feature.

Now, super slayers are 2x damage, so 200% of the cap. Many people like to go with about 40% DI on their weapon, so if you have 60% DI in the rest of your equipment, you'll be at the 300% cap. This is extremely easy to do in this day of imbuing; just slap 20% DI on each piece of jewelry and 20% from conjurer's trinket or primer on arms and you'll have 60%, combine with 40% on weapon & 200% from super slayer and you'll be at the 300% cap.

So, for all intents and purposes, it's easy to reach the 300% total damage increase cap with either a slayer or super slayer. The biggest benefit of going super slayer, of course, is that a single weapon can deal with a whole variety of creatures at a spawn. A reptile slayer will handle dragons as well as ophidians (not to mention lizard men & snakes). Another huge benefit is that you can get by with a much smaller selection of weapons, and perhaps invest more per weapon for higher quality.

Now, spellbooks are a different matter. There's no cap on SDI in PvM, so in many cases it makes sense to go with standard slayer over super slayer. However, with the flexibility that you have in dealing with a variety of creatures and the need to carry fewer books, super slayers still make sense much of the time.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just made a pretty standard sampire with resist instead of parry, and alot of skill bonus on jewels/dmg inc on armor.

Used swords for radiant scimmy (whirlwind and pots) and double axe

managed to hammer through imp spawn first time was a bit challenging (died twice, once at 4th lvl spawn up, again half way through semidar)

second time no problem

Then did undead, never will do that again, got neira up no problem, but chasing her around (cause she dont stop moving) made this take forever, tried tot rap her several times but her movement ai was working pretty nice lol. I don't have a problem with the bone throwing as i just moment strike or whirlwind the spawn that pops.

I now have a slightly new tactic that works flawlessly for everything (except i hate doing rikky lol)

If you never need to use pots (you have enough dci to cover divine fury, or you are an uber pvmer) id go with macing and black staff/gnarled staff. I'm not sure i'd do what puni mentioned with the no dmg inc on the staff, only because getting the dmg increase for myself would hurt the amount of skill bonus i have) But i prefer to use the radiant scimitars for champ spawns, do to it being one handed and i can hammer refresh/dex/str/heal pots all day long) For a peerless, like dreadhorn, i will use macing, but most of the time im lazy and just use a double axe with swords.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BUMP!

Back to th oriignal point - how do you solo your champs/peerless?
lol wow after Luke's post I can't believe you vant more! :p vant to know so much about vampires...

this is a non-solo, but have to brag, I got my first crimmy from Lady M thanks to my two guildies, one dragon tamer and two mages w/ fey books, 11 minute Lady M. :)

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm running a samp on each of my accounts. My main is a standard samp temp with 100 resist and 75 parry to do evade, which works wonderfully for imps and undead spawns.

The second account had been twerked a bit to fit in 120 music and disco, this account also has 90 chiv and is knight of justice. She can protect and res me for a complete champing fun time.

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We seem to have a lot of love for necromages, tamer hybrids, sampires and archer/throwers here. Everyone with their own take on each concept - i think it's cool.
Not much mention of bards or mystics here...??

We know sammies can do it, how do throwers and mystics fair?