• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to solo champ spawns...

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have managed to solo ratman, rikki and mephist.

had trouble with the demon today and haven't really tried undead.

Just wondering if anyone had advice/tactics?

I'm a returning player and my equipment is pretty sucky, so i tend to use a nox/chiv/mage for levels 1-3 and an ABC archer thereafter, occasionally using a disco tamer and a GD if needed.

I find rikki and mephist doable, ratman tougher than them (!) ...

I haven't found that the disco tamer i any good for the champs - can anyone provide advice?

how the heck can you solo neira when she throws bones?

I have 2 vampire samurai, but haven't got the guts to test them out - i can't see they'd have chance without resist....

thoughts??

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I find the rat spawn is easy with a Necro lumberjack- Anatomy, Chiv, Bushido, tact, necro, swords LJ. i use double axe for whirlwind, you could switch out the lumberjacking if ya dont think its worth it. get a repond slayer weapon and/or a vermin slayer talisman and try it out, it can get rough with the mages but you just have to be sure to keep hitting somethin for hp leech.
I use the same character for reptile but cant seem to beat the boss alone, easily gets spawn up to boss though

S

Splup

Create a Sampire with swordmanship, make slayerleecher radiant scimitars and ur done with pretty much any spawn.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd also add resist to your temp and make a slayer weapon with SSI due to the chance that you get whacked hard, the SSI will allow for a exta swing thus leeching back to full before death. I switch to these kinds of weapons for all champs I kill. The only one I find rough is Rikki but I suspect that if I had a feint weapon that would help alot.

Truely, IMO, the only spawns worth doing are demon, reptile and rats. Drops on the first two are good and rats is just simple to do.

I also make slayer/leecher/hit area radiant scimitars and kill everything on the screen in one or two WW's. one day I'll enhance my demon slayer to for cold damage but a cons weapon before running into a gaggle of gargs does the trick.

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Make a macing sampire with 50% area effect ML/SL/SSI Slayer mods(Black staff no DI mod make it up on your suit) and 800+ skill points to fit in 70 tactics to spam whirl wind. Oh make it a female also so the succubus/Semidar don't F you up.

V

Vyal

archery, necro can kill just about any spawn.

I even use my chiv sw archer and just toss items on him to get into wraith form sometimes.

Best is chiv, bush, archery, necro, ss, tact, nat - kills any champ, most can even be corner'd into a area.

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any other plates beyond sampire swords/archers?

No peace necros, or mystic mages? No spellweaving tamers?

WHat about weaps? do you use shortbows with Hit Area, or???

More info needed than "make a sampire"!

i find sampries struggle with casters and archers can't clear low level spawn fast enough...?

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I mainly use Necro/Scribe/Mage or Discord/Prov.

I don't see why Neiras a problem, either cut the bones or kill the stuff as it spawns, or Provoke it back on her. Momentum Strike, area spells, etc.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use a chiv/necro/spellweaver for despise. equip a titans hammer and you're in business for speeding through. I actually do animate dead for mages to avoid getting targeted first. And spellweaving gives you the ogre lords for a meat shield against the coon.

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use a chiv/necro/spellweaver for despise. equip a titans hammer and you're in business for speeding through. I actually do animate dead for mages to avoid getting targeted first. And spellweaving gives you the ogre lords for a meat shield against the coon.
See on my Nox/chiv mage, i've been using evs and earthies as meat shields drawing agro into us and then spawm EQ or holy light. either that or lure all the spawn through LP fields...

Seems to work great. Animate dead seems like a good call too... though as i recall you can only have three, can you have evs/natures fury too?

As a Tamer the GD seems to hadle the larger pawn really well...

how do people play necro mages? just go in wraith and EQ/Wither away?

G

gjohnson5

DOn't know what game you think you guys are playing but solo-ing a champ spawn isn't close to easy. Then people saying using a dragon slayer on Rikki, LOL

Please use a video capture program and post on youtube the video of a sampire solo-ing Rikki. I would love to see someone be continually killed by area affect attacks Rikki has.

Also solo-ing Niera probably isnt possible either. Niera will summon so many followers that an archer makes no sense. Not to mention when those lich lords she summons turns into Paragons , the idea of solo-ing her won't make much sense either.

Apparently some people have more insurance money then I do

V

Valerin

DOn't know what game you think you guys are playing but solo-ing a champ spawn isn't close to easy. Then people saying using a dragon slayer on Rikki, LOL

Please use a video capture program and post on youtube the video of a sampire solo-ing Rikki. I would love to see someone be continually killed by area affect attacks Rikki has.

Also solo-ing Niera probably isnt possible either. Niera will summon so many followers that an archer makes no sense. Not to mention when those lich lords she summons turns into Paragons , the idea of solo-ing her won't make much sense either.

I dont know how the game has changed since I left 2 years ago, but 2 years ago I solod rat, dragon and demon spawns daily; about 30min per spawn.

C

Connor_Graham

Dragon Slayer daisho = Big hits + Feint + Evasion = Dead Rikktor

The final level of the Cold Blood spawn is tougher than taking on Rikktor because of all of the GD's, para GD's, and para Dragons.

Nah, we just don't dip into it as much as you do. rolleyes:

Y

Yen Sid

There are champ spawns in Fel too :lol:. No paragons there.

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqrz0v86XkY

Ask and you shall recieve :p

S

Splup

Oki let me be specific here then:

My sampire has with items following skills:

120 Swords
120 Bush
120 Parry
100 Anatomy
100 Tact
99 Necromancy
70 Resisting spells
60 chivarly

Having 50 EP and statbonuses takes me to 150 STR 150 DEX (174 stamina) 80 mana. Been considering maybe turning char to elf for extra mana, or maybe taking bit more resisting spells. The highest level casters atm can manavamp too hard, but most spawn mobs can take me only to like 10-25 mana with manavamp, so I can do whirlwind attack and back to full mana. And I don't just use str and agi pots, I carry all pots, apples and trapbox. You'll notice that with 50 EP healing pots can really save ur ass sometimes.

If I see looots of hard casters coming at me at the same time, I use evasion for extra cover and usually most of the casters are dead before evasion ends.

And ofc I'm in vampiricform.

Weapons I have for spaws:

Barracoon/Neira:

Using Vermin/Undead tally and Radiant scimitar:

Stamina leech 44
Mana leech 55
Life Leech 55
Fire area 50
Dmg inc 40

Semidar Radiant scimitar:

Stamina leech 44
Mana leech 55
Life Leech 55
Demon Slayer
Dmg inc 45

Rikky Radiant scimitar:

Stamina leech 44
Mana leech 55
Life Leech 55
Reptile slayer
Dmg inc 45

Mephis Radiant scimitar:

Stamina leech 44
Mana leech 55
Life Leech 55
Arachnid Slayer
Dmg inc 45

For Champion killing I'm using Broadsword, Honor and Enemy of One:

Stamina leech 44
Mana leech 55
Life Leech 55
SSI 30
Dmg inc 45

Im using armored swampy and I dismount/mount myself to get everything on screen to instaflag me, except if I feel like there's too much hard mobs and better kill em while they flag bit different times.

Barracoon can be soloed with pretty much any template...

S

Splup

Soloing rikky with sampire is very easy... You just gotta have your speakers on. Before rikky does area effect he starts making this stomping sound, you have more then plenty of time to take the distance before the he makes the area effect. Usually I hit him couple times after I start hearing the stomping, then I take little distance, I hear the EQ take place and rush back in swinging the rikky. Now thinking, I havent died once to rikky with my sampire...

Using 3 leech SSI dmg inc Broadsword with 1,25 swing, having honor and enemy of one in vampiric form np.

But Neira is pain in the ass, you gotta be fast with you fingers in cutting bones to get it done. I would not use sampire against it, I'd go with an archer...

ingsmsico

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have managed to solo ratman, rikki and mephist.

had trouble with the demon today and haven't really tried undead.

Just wondering if anyone had advice/tactics?

I'm a returning player and my equipment is pretty sucky, so i tend to use a nox/chiv/mage for levels 1-3 and an ABC archer thereafter, occasionally using a disco tamer and a GD if needed.

I find rikki and mephist doable, ratman tougher than them (!) ...

I haven't found that the disco tamer i any good for the champs - can anyone provide advice?

how the heck can you solo neira when she throws bones?

I have 2 vampire samurai, but haven't got the guts to test them out - i can't see they'd have chance without resist....

thoughts??
I used to solo all spawns (including Oaks) with a Necro/Peacer but had more trouble when they buffed up the bosses.

ingsmsico

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you can cut the bones and there's no paragons in Fel.

spawns in ilshenar are very slow going compared to Fel and the paragons are annoying.

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any other plates beyond sampire swords/archers?

No peace necros, or mystic mages? No spellweaving tamers?

WHat about weaps? do you use shortbows with Hit Area, or???

More info needed than "make a sampire"!

i find sampries struggle with casters and archers can't clear low level spawn fast enough...?
Black staff 50% hit area/mana leech/stam leech/SSI/Slayer(or life leech if no slayer)

And 70 tactics so you can whirl wind the hell outta stuff.

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've also heard that Disco/pally/archer/bushi characters work pretty well for a lot of spawns. Not exactly sure what the skills are, but I've heard it could also solo the stygian dragon.

G

gjohnson5

Alot of trash talk , yet I see no video's posted
*edit*
Well I see a video of SOMEONE (probably noone who posted here) doing a non Ish champ spawn
*edit*

S

Splup

*edit*
Well I see a video of SOMEONE (probably noone who posted here) doing a non Ish champ spawn
*edit*
Give me a link to program with which I can make good quality video enough with CC and I will go make a vid for you tomorrow.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*edit*
*edit*
Why on earth would you waste you time doing a ilsh spawn?

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*edit*
*edit*
LOL..if you do not already know how to solo every spawn in the game (Fel, Ilsh or SA), then I charge 100 mill to tell you. It's going to cost you another 300 mill+ to build the suits / weapons. Not a single spawn / champ / peerless out there that you can not easily solo. Many of us do it every single day.

I have 3 templates that are used.... each spawn requires it's own specialized template (some spawns can be done with the same one).

That is all the info you get...for free.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fel=.5 and better Sot, power scrolls and replicas
Tram=lesser SoT, replicas

Everyone can farm gold to make a char who can tank a champ and everyone could send a char to a less filled shard so I still fail to see why you would do a tram champ.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL..if you do not already know how to solo every spawn in the game (Fel, Ilsh or SA), then I charge 100 mill to tell you. It's going to cost you another 300 mill+ to build the suits / weapons. Not a single spawn / champ / peerless out there that you can not easily solo. Many of us do it every single day.

I have 3 templates that are used.... each spawn requires it's own specialized template (some spawns can be done with the same one).

That is all the info you get...for free.
Baloney! By no means are ALL the spawns easy.

Pestilence Spawn and Twisted Weald are by no means easy to solo using just 1 account. Niether is Neira.

Ilhenir can be an an absolute beast and you have to fight him in what is a essentially a phone booth. I've seen very good players get their head handed to them by Ilhenir.

Tier 3 of the Arachnid spawn can be very challenging if you do not bring the right tools for the job.

Neira if you can't trap her is a royal PITA.

Yes there are tactics and templates that work best for certain spawns but they are not all a walk in the park as is being portrayed by some of the posts in this thread.:popcorn:

L

Luke Carjacker

I've solo'd Felucca champs dozens of times (Ilshenar ones are too slow and paragons are a pain). I can't imagine how the Bedlam & Twisted Weald Spawns can be Solo'd, but I can give some tips on most of the others.

Baracoon I've done plenty of times on a necro/mage & ABC Archer. Easy to move the earlier spawn with necro/mage. Just wriath form, EV, wither. For Baracoon himself, any archer or mage style with vermin or repond slayer makes easy work of him. He just stands there while you pound on him. EVs, pets & melee make him move around, which just makes stuff more difficult. My current favorite for this is Necro/Mystic/Mage. 800 total skill points, which requires some special equipment. But really, just a normal necro/mage or an ABC archer with a fast hit area bow for early spawn & repond slayer for later makes this easy. Takes about 30-40 mintues to solo.

To me, Rikktor is next easiest, I do this one several times a week on an ABC archer. I have a top-of-the-line ABC archer suit on my main shard, but it can be done with far left. I created a low cost (low PS, cheap equipment) character on a slow shard just for this purpose, and was able to solo Rikky with about 10m in equipment (cheap arties like RBC, Jackal's) and most skills in the 90s (archery to 110), and 2 imbue'd bows. One with hit area for first 2 levels, and reptile slayer for last 2 levels. The tricky part to this spawn is killing the level 3 & level 4 spawn quickly enough. For the level 3 I use enemy of one on the drakes, which allows me to take down both drakes & justicars in 2 shots (reptile slayer x-bow). If you can maintain this pace, killing everything in 2 shots, you'll be able to move the spawn solo. The trick, really, is to not get too much stuff attacking you.

If you can learn how to move, so only 2-3 things are attacking you at once, you can keep up the killing pace (take out justicars before drakes if multiple are on you). For Rikktor himself, it's just a matter of learning how to move. Consecrate lasts 4 shots, and it's simple to stay about 5-6 tiles in front of him while you fire away. When you hear the stomping that leads up to an earthquake, you can get off 2 more shots before needing to move away. Then you can move right back and fire. If you do this spawn in Destard, the northern part of the spawn is easiest, just make sure you clear it while working the level 3 & 4 spawn; and the great benefit is that there's a rez ankh right there to use if you make a mistake (can't remember the last time I had to use that at any point in the spawn).

Arachnid spawn is similar to reptile with ABC Archer. For the level 3 spawn, I enemy of one the Matriarchs. That way, you can bring down dread spiders & matriarchs with 2 shots apiece. Again, keeping a good pace is key to moving the spawn. Don't get yourself buried because if 4-5 of them mana dump on you at the same time, it can kill you (and the time it takes you to rez might cause the spawn to drop back). If you fight no more than 2-3 at a time, you can bring them down steady & move it. For the level 4 spawn, I like to enemy of one the poison eles, and rely on slayer property on the avengers. Takes about 4 shots each, which isn't optimal, but fast enough to move it.

For Mephitis herself, there's 2 challenges. First is her web attack of course. Key is to not let you HP get too low when fighting her. If I get below 80 HP, I get far enough away to let the next bandage kick in. If I've got 100+ HP, I can survive a web attack. Second biggest problem with her is that she doesn't slow down as she takes damage (Rikktor slows down A LOT). So, picking the right place to fight her in Felucca makes a big difference. I like the Ice West Area for her because of the big open space. Khaldun is good too, with the big open field to the west, or Island. I've done her at Oasis before, but it can get dicey when you lead her around the circle if she leaves webbing behind on the ground.

Just as a note, I've also solo'd Mephitis with a Provoke/Discord/Mage, but this takes some planning. When clearing out the level 3 & 4 spawn, you have to make sure you advance all of it and don't leave pockets of lower level spawn. That way, you'll have enough high level spawn leftover to use on her. A good bard will be able to bring around 10-15 Poison eles & avengers, along with some dread spiders matriarchs. You can also summon earth eles & provoke them onto her, which keeps the rest of the spawn alive & doing damage longer. You have to let the provokes do the damage, because if you attack her directly, she might web you in and it's not worth it; same with EVs. This method is actually funny as hell as you see the avengers & eles try to escape when their HP gets low, and she'll throw out a web and drag them back. This method is not as fast as with an archer, and take a bard that really knows what they are doing.

Semidar can be handled by an ABC archer in exactly the same way. Demon slayer can bring down the succubus & demons in about 3 shots, which moves things along just fine. Gargoyle's are demon slayer too. There's 2 important tricks to this spawn. First of course is to be a female. Second is selecting the location. To me, there's 2 places to fight Semidar, either Oasis or Island. At Oasis, you can trap her on the ledge to the west of the altar. Come back around, and just pound away at her; 200 points a pop with a good slayer bow and she's a sitting duck. Other place is Island, you can trap her on a ledge on the northern section of the spawn. Again, once you get her trapped she's done in a matter of minutes.

I've also done this spawn with a necro/mystic/mage (as a hinted at before with baracoon). I haven't had the opportunity to try it solo, but I've done it 2-man and I'm certain this template can work great - maybe even better than ABC archer. Best thing about this template is that you have magery spells at your disposal when trapping her. Either invis and run off, or get her on the ledge and teleport away. This template deals out massive damage, so it would be no problem moving any of the spawn with a combination of wither, hail storm, EVs, colossus.

Neira I have never tried solo. The secondary spawn would certainly be a huge challenge. Personally, I don't have quick enough fingers to cut up the bones so that's not really an option for me. When hunting her in a party I have seen dexxers trap her, so if a sampire is able to do that, I think it would work. I do have a provoke archer that I've always wanted to try on her. This char is set up with about 810 skill points, and is an ABC archer in most respects, with provoke & music. The biggest challenge, as I see it, is that rotting corpses are pretty difficult to provoke - fail a lot even at 120 especially onto a boss. So, depending on how that provoking goes, could make for a very long fight. An archer definitely has the firepower to bring Neira down, just don't know if the provoke part can hold up against all the secondary spawn. Was thinking of trying the necro/mystic/mage template as well, with wither & hailstorm to deal with secondary spawn and corpse skin & flamestrike for Neira. Maybe, I don't know.

With a Fey Slayer book, Lord Oaks is a piece of cake for my necro/mystic/mage now. Rising Colossus to tank (might have to cast a few because he dispels), then just sit there and pound away until you need to cast another. Key to doing this template is that you have to be negative karma for it to succeed. To move the fey spawn solo you have to kill everything. I don't think you can move it solo killing just wisps & centaurs. Necro is negative karma anyways so it's fine. This spawn takes a super long time to do, but the boss is not hard right now. In the past, I have solo'd Lord Oaks (the boss, not the entire spawn) with a discord tamer. If you learn how to move so you can move in and throw on a few vet bandages while avoiding his agro, it's not hard to do. His area attack is weak, but it causes him to re-target you, so you have to be ready to move & invis.

So, those are some detailed explanations for the felucca spawns - actual data from my own experience (except where noted). I don't know how to record & post video of me playing UO, but I'm not making any of it up. One other thing I'll point out is that if you're willing to consider switching characters in the middle of a spawn, a sampire or necro mage can move any of the early spawns quickly. Personally I prefer sampire for first 2 levels of reptile & arachnid; and switch to archer when it switches to level 3. Remember, you can use valor to advance one skull, which is a handy tool when you're switching so the spawn doesn't drop back. For Baracoon I like necro/mage the whole way. For Semidar I like archer the whole way. Oaks, necro/mystic/mage whole way (although, doing this spawn solo is like pulling teeth). Neira, no clue, just some guesses.

F

Fink

Animate dead seems like a good call too... though as i recall you can only have three, can you have evs/natures fury too?
Yes.

I have Necromancy, Magery, and Spellweaving on my Shepherd. I typically use two Energy Vortices, plus a Nature's Fury, plus three Reanimates.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*edit*
*edit*
So people saying they can solo champ spawns is trash talk now? And it's the truth. You must not play this game, pretty much everything is soloable with some type of character.

V

Venus_AUPK

I skimmed over the thread sorry if this was mentioned earlier

But to help solo and speed up demon spawns, use the bird slayer tally for the harpys
Also demon slayer wont work on gargoyles so bring a garg slayer for them :D

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thing is, I have tried couple programs, some from the list you linked and the videos are just so crappy that noone wants to watch em. I will try that hypercam today when I have the time.
The best free video editor I've used is VirtualDub. It's sort of confusing at first though, but the compression is pretty nice. http://www.virtualdub.org/

By the way, some of the people in this thread have posted a crazy amount of info, lol. This should get bookmarked in a Warrior forum or something, sheesh :).

Only thing I can add is I hate slimes, they ruin weps so fast!

C

chuckoatl

I skimmed over the thread sorry if this was mentioned earlier

But to help solo and speed up demon spawns, use the bird slayer tally for the harpys
Also demon slayer wont work on gargoyles so bring a garg slayer for them :D
demon slayers work on gargs. All the spawn in FEL are solo-able. I use my sampire for most, and actually look forward to the spawn at the niera spawn for the leechs since I hit them harder than I do her. Momentum strike with undead slayer FTW. Spam feint and LS on rikki. Coon is just easy. Meph takes a bit, but is pretty str8 forward, pretty much same as rikky, other than the webs (bring heal pots).

Hell the new SA peerless are even solo-able. The dragon takes a bit but can be done. Slasher is the hardest to do, need a mystic dexxer to pull it off solo.

S

Splup

I thought you can't keep scribe buff without scribe skill anymore?

Or can you just scroll that?
Human can use Magic reflection with a scroll (human 20 magery), so you can use MR+RA without skill. But if you want scribe buff then you need to use soulstones everytime you die.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Human can use Magic reflection with a scroll (human 20 magery), so you can use MR+RA without skill. But if you want scribe buff then you need to use soulstones everytime you die.
Ah ok thanks, hrm. That guy's videos are pretty interesting :).

I need to try and solo paroxy, it seems pretty easy to do solo. It's funny because paroxy is actually harder to beat with more people. I think travesty is supposed to be actually easier to beat with more people, I forget, I know one of the peerless becomes weaker w/ more peeps.

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a hell of a lot of info here.

Thanks to the guy who posted which weaps he uses.

A few Qs you guys...

1) Slayers - i can't afford to imbue 6 bows, R Schimters and Daisho, so talismans seem like a good idea. So how do you get them? I've done quests in heartwood (?) but only get "lich killer" properties for example; what's the trick to getting fully blown slayers?

2) Hit area/life leech - hit area or life leech on R Schimters for whirlwind and clearing spawn?

3) Would you not use HLA/HLD for champs?

4) How do you "chase" neira and barracoon? You need lightning fingers to do this...any tips?

5) Replicas - i must have done 10 or 15 solo fel spawns and not recieved any replicas etc. I swap characters half way through/for champ. Do they drop on champ corpse (ialways check) or in backpack. Any ideas why i haven't seen any yet? UOguide and startics dont clarify what drops where...

6) I've only got 2 120s from the above spawns (swords and taming) and about 5 115 provokes - are the stats for scroll drops anywhere?

Maybe this thread could be cleaned up into a guide and stickied?

Awesome input and help from (nearly) everyone :p thanks ever so much!

ingsmsico

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
5) Replicas - i must have done 10 or 15 solo fel spawns and not recieved any replicas etc. I swap characters half way through/for champ. Do they drop on champ corpse (ialways check) or in backpack. Any ideas why i haven't seen any yet? UOguide and startics dont clarify what drops where...
swapping characters will reduce your chance of getting a replica because the chance is partly based on your participation during the spawn. I know the Devs explained it somewhere, maybe on the forum or in patch notes

they drop in your pack when the champ dies.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

1) Slayers - i can't afford to imbue 6 bows, R Schimters and Daisho, so talismans seem like a good idea. So how do you get them? I've done quests in heartwood (?) but only get "lich killer" properties for example; what's the trick to getting fully blown slayers?
The only slayers you can get from heartwood quests are vermin/ice/flame/bear/bat/bird/bovine/beetle/mage. Conjurer's Trinkets (Undead) were from an old Halloween event.

2) Hit area/life leech - hit area or life leech on R Schimters for whirlwind and clearing spawn?
Hit Area.

3) Would you not use HLA/HLD for champs?
I'd use both on Rikktor.

4) How do you "chase" neira and barracoon? You need lightning fingers to do this...any tips?
AttackLast macro that also toggles Whirlwind or Momentum or LS.

Idk what happened to it but there was a code at some point that meant you had to have killed a certain amount of the spawn to be entitled to a replica. It may have been removed though because at first you didn't even need to hit the champ to get it.

6) I've only got 2 120s from the above spawns (swords and taming) and about 5 115 provokes - are the stats for scroll drops anywhere?
Stat scrolls come from Harrowers, you place the 6 champion skulls on the alters in the star room and it opens a gate to one of the dungeons the Harrower can spawn in (Deceit/Despise/Shame/Hythloth/Destard/Fire). Then you have to kill the Harrower, Tentacles of The Harrower, and the True Harrower. Which drops 16 scrolls (or 32 with protection from the Justice virtue). EDIT: just realised you totally didn't mean what I answered... but to answer what you actually meant, no I don't think so.

Thav12

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
swapping characters will reduce your chance of getting a replica because the chance is partly based on your participation during the spawn. I know the Devs explained it somewhere, maybe on the forum or in patch notes

they drop in your pack when the champ dies.
Yup, in fact you get the best shot at a replica by killing all spawn prior to killing the champ with the same character. One in six chance at a replica I estimate. If you didn't kill any spawn with the character you use to kill the champ you have not build up any points on that char and your chance at a replica is much reduced. This was done to reward people for doing the spawn and discourage people to just jump in when the champ is up to quickly steal all your efforts at the last moment.

One trick not mentioned here before is using the correct elemental damage wep. Eg 100% cold for rickitor spawn helps a lot. Saves you from having to use CW and makes it easier to keep evasion and df going.

I enjoy the challenge of figuring out how to solo these spawns and peerless a lot. It is not "easy". Once you figured out your way of doing it, it can be repeated ad infinitum. It is too boring for me to farm replicas so I move on to the next peerless or champ to figure out. Real puzzles sometimes. In a way I feel a bit conflicted about a walktru like this thread. It takes the enormous sense of accomplishment away from finally figuring things out. To the nay Sayers in this thread: keep trying. You will get it at some point and it feels gooood! Next for me is to try a different template and do it all over again with different strategies altogether. It is all in the chase, as they say!

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I enjoy the challenge of figuring out how to solo these spawns and peerless a lot....In a way I feel a bit conflicted about a walktru like this thread. It takes the enormous sense of accomplishment away from finally figuring things out.
Well, that i completely agree with. But, i also love the healthy exchange of ideas threads like this encourage and people will always tweak ideas and methods to suit their playstyle.

We seem to have a lot of love for necromages, tamer hybrids, sampires and archer/throwers here. Everyone with their own take on each concept - i think it's cool.

Awesome for the info on replicas. Shame about the talismans :( I've gotta get my sampires weapons crafter busy!

LORD GOD! you are unstoppable, thanks for the PM and clarification during this thread!