• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to play a Sampire...

J

javeevajones

I'm coming from WoW to UO...opposite of most. Browsing through the forums I see that a 'Sampire' template is the hot thing for now. I've seen various templates and equipment I need to obtain, but I haven't seen anything address how to actually play a Sampire. If I'm missing it, please point me in the right direction. If it's not out there please let me know how you play your Sampire. (skills/spells/abilities/etc used in combat and what makes it so good).

Thanks.

J

jimma

I don't play a sampire but looks like the basic idea is that you use the necromancy spell with vampire form, Enemy of One from Chivary, and then the basic set of samuri skills: honor foe, lightning strike.

If you are in vamp form you life leech every hit. The general tactic is to enemy of one, and lightning strike every hit. You want mana/stam leech so you are always lightning striking and always swinging max speed.

Bush/Parry at 120 gives you a 45% chance to parry. If you get low.. evade, confidence, chug.

It's a tank template, you can go toe to toe with almost anything in the game. I have solod dreadhorns with that template.

G

GFY

That's about it.

If you use a may lay weapon just get in close and hack and slash. You will regenerate hit points while in vamp form, and if you have a good mana leech weapon you'll be able to cast chiv spells and use Bushido specials at will.

If your into archery you won't need parry (useless with a bow) but the chiv spells and Bushido specials all work very well as well.

If your just starting out don't go to Doom and expect to solo a Dark Father just because your a sampire. Start slow and work your way up. As you get good at killing one monster work your way up and kill tougher monsters as you go.

Good Luck & Good Hunting :thumbsup:

J

javeevajones

Thanks a ton guys. Now I've just got to get to 120......

Javeeva

G

GFY

You should be able to do really well PVM in the 110 range. You can get these scrolls for almost nothing and they really do help as a stop gap until you get 120's.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used to think a "Sampire" was a Samurai (Bushido and Parry) with Necromancy and Spirit Speak, that fought mostly in Vampire form.

But now I've been old on UOForums that it's actually a Samurai with a minimal amount of Necromancy (35 or so?) that uses items to temporarily get to 99 Necromancy. Then changes into Vampire form, then slips off the Necro items, then fights with both the advantages of a (nearly) full Samurai template and Vampire Form.

-Galen's player