• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to place plate, mug, knife, fork, spoon on table? Help pls.

G

I've been trying to place plate, utensils, and mug on a table in my house. (The specific table is the table with an orange table cloth - original form is deed.)
Not having any success at it. I know it is possible. I had tables set up neatly in the far past, but unfortunately I do not remember how I did it. I'd very much appreciate any tips you pro decorators have.

I tried aligning the items nicely inside a redeedable chest. This worked, EXCEPT the items appeared backwards when I axed the chest. I then tried setting them up backwards to begin with, reasoning that they would appear in the correct position at the end. Not so. They were still wrong. Ugh.

G

As you've noted, this no longer works. You can set up the plate with utensils and glass inside a box and axe the box, but now they only show one, or two ways directionally (memory is foggy). You have to find a way to set up your display that will function with what works, now. Sorry.

Yes, long ago, everyone loved being able to set up a full table setting with plates, utensils, and drinking glasses, without having to buy those "rare" and "extremely expensive" connected silverware. There is a slight workaround, where you place the item you want next to the plate one tile back from where the plate sits, and raise the item high enough, so that it appears to be next to the plate. This is only an "illusion" though. If you walk on that tile, you will see the utensil above your head, or worse, sticking into your body somewhere.

G

Yeah, I gave up on the actual utensils such as forks, knives, and spoons. It was hard enough to get plates and cups all on this banquet table with much fussing with the interior decorator tool. For the south side of the table I had to alternate the cups on the tiles for it to not look really goofy.

-Skylark

G

Thank you very much for your replies. Gah, another UO frustration, but gotta love it all the same.

G

I just removed the setting (prepping for yet another redecoration attempt)...

In my tiny dining room I had one of the newer SE low tables with plate, fork, spoon and sake bottle sitting on it all quite nicely, and didn't have to use the 'set on floor, raise up' illusion to do it - the silverware initially placed themselves on top of the plate and I just bumped the plate a bit up and the silverware up/down as needed using the house deco tool. I didn't have a knife, or a mug, but I'm thinking other bottles (grizelda's hangover cure, admiral's rum, etc) would look fine as well in place of mugs. I think the low tables work better in general for setting lots of things on them at once... and I suppose if you did it right you could use gozas/something underneath to raise the low tables to the height of a "normal" table, and keep the place settings neat? Haven't tried, might have to mess around with it!

I'm not sure it would work all the way around for 4 place settings (or for a long row of tables) but my single plate sat centered on the Southern edge of the table, just slightly too far in to look "perfect". If I can re-create it I'll put up a screenshot... I don't have any other dishes though so right now I can't try to do more than one for you ^^'

G

The low tables do offer a lot more flexibility for item placement.

-Skylark