• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to make max resist armor suit?

Sonreir

Visitor
I'm assuming that some portion of crafting a max resist suit will include runic reforging, but I'm a bit fuzzy on how this all works together.

I need 350 total resist to hit 70 in all five categories, but even with GM Arms Lore Plate Mail, enhanced with Valorite, I'm only getting 306.

So assuming that reforging is necessary, I assume I use the Fortified option?

I can also bump the resists with imbuing, but this would take up an imbuing slot, right? So I don't want to do that?

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I use one or two legendary pieces then imbue the rest for suits because of the resist issue. If you are doing full imbued suit you have to imbue at least one resist to max each piece, say you are making with Valorite, then you want to imbue fire resist because it is very low so you don't waste the point spread from gm arms lore. It can be very difficult to do a full resist suit without a few high resist pieces. You have to make out of different materials with certain lows to fill in certain resist with this method because you want to imbue a resist that is low. I look at the cost a legendary with high resist for under 8 mil or a tool to enhance that cost 1 dollar a charge. I usually just spend the gold.

Yes reforging for resist takes up imbuing slots for the resist it bumps.

Sonreir

Visitor
So rather than starting with crafted gear, it might be easier to find some loot that has the stats I need.

Then I reforge, enhance, and imbue? Or just one or two of those processes?

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Craft your pieces from normal iron or leather. Look for pieces that put all or most of the resists into just 4 or 3 of the resists. Base resists, Exc bonus', Arms Lore bonus'.

Then apply Powder of Fortifying to your desired amount. After imbuing you can't apply more so if you can afford it go to 255.

Imbue the lowest resists up to max or near max depending upon mats you can afford to use. You can imbue 5 properties to 500 intensity on Exceptional crafted pieces.

Once, you've done all that, buy an Forged Metal of Artifacts, it's worth it, and enhance with special material.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
One "Fortification" item (either loot or reforged) can do wonders for doing the resists part of your suit build.

1 item with 90-110 total resists (a LOT more common than you'd think as loot, if you're willing to put up with Prized or Cursed) can knock down the average resist needed for the rest of your suit to about 50 resists per item (and high-end metals and leathers, plus exceptional, can be up to 50 - so you can make the other items, imbue non-resist properties, and enhance, and not use any slots for imbuing resists at all, if you are lucky - of course, if you are going to imbue and enhance with gold, you'll probably have to imbue 3-5 resist slots, and you'll definitely be using the forged metal tool since 100 luck before enhancing is 80% fail chance by itself, before the resists and durability are factored in)

Remember:
All Resistances: failure % = 20 + Current Resistance (each resist that changes is a different check). A 13-14% resist BEFORE enhancement is about a 1/3 failure chance
- Durability: failure % = 20 + ( Current Max. Durability / 40 ); About 26-27% failure chance at 240-255 Durability
- Lower Requirements: failure % = 20 + ( Current Lower Requirements% / 4 ) (not a factor, except when enhancing an item that already has the property)
- Luck: failure % = 30 + ( Current Luck / 2 ); That's a 30% failure chance to enhance from 0 luck to 40. 80% failure chance to enhance from 100 to 140. 90% failure when enhancing from 120 to 160. 105% failure chance when enhancing from 150 to 190! This is why a forged metal tool is important for building luck suits.

Breaking chance is about 90% of the failure chance.

Failure chance: take the success chance for each above (which is 100% - the failure chance, as a decimal), then multiply all those together.

Enhancing a 100 luck item with an average resist of 13-14 in the 4 resists that gold affects is (2/3)^4 (or 16/81, or about 20%) times 20% (for the gold imbue) times about 75% (255 durability, if powdered to max) or

0.2 x 0.2 x 0.75 = 0.04 x 0.75 = 0.03 = 3% (THREE PERCENT) success. 97% failure, about 85-90% break chance.