• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to make an Apple Tree?

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did a all shard search on #bleep# using the keywords 'Apple Tree' and saw a backpack described as an 'apple tree kit'. What is required to make up such a kit? I'd like to have an apple tree for my house.

M

MoneyMaker

As far as I know, the only way you can currently recieve a apple tree is through the legacy tokens.

B

Beastmaster

Spider tree X sugar canes = Candied Apple tree.

j/k but wouldn't it be cool?

D

Dragonchilde

More likely what you saw was a deco apple tree, where you raise apples to look like a tree. The actual apple tree item that produces apples comes from the Heritage Token with the Cherry Blossom.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also I don't think you're allowed to mention the name of illegal programs/websites that use illegal programs here.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also I don't think you're allowed to mention the name of illegal programs/websites that use illegal programs here.
Didn't know it was illegal to mention a shopping catalog. I use it to find merchandise I want to get without spending hours browsing for vendor shops and through vendors. Must be more there than I've looked at so far.

Now my account is probably 'of interest'. Ah well. Monitoring it will give some GM a very boring job. Most illegal thing I do is run UOA macros to avoid all the repetitous mousing and keyboarding. :)

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the website you speak of uses illegal third party program(s) to perform it's job - therefore, Stratics has decided that it can not be mentioned. I'm sorry, could you please edit your post to take the name out? Thank you.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the website you speak of uses illegal third party program(s) to perform it's job - therefore, Stratics has decided that it can not be mentioned. I'm sorry, could you please edit your post to take the name out? Thank you.
Done. :)

Does any UO player website fall into the 'don't mention' catagory? I came from a game that included player website lists as info sources on it's website and think UO could certainly use the same player viewpoint info-source assist alongside UOStratics.

To confirm this, the link is http://www.play.net/gs4/info/links/home.asp It's a text-based heavy RP game I got into back in the late 80's.

UO players could certainly benefit from such sources.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure what you're asking, as far as I can tell UO.Stratics *is* such a site? Stratics is staffed by volunteers and the information in the pages of uo.stratics.com is submitted by players.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didn't know it was illegal to mention a shopping catalog. I use it to find merchandise I want to get without spending hours browsing for vendor shops and through vendors. Must be more there than I've looked at so far.

Now my account is probably 'of interest'. Ah well. Monitoring it will give some GM a very boring job. Most illegal thing I do is run UOA macros to avoid all the repetitous mousing and keyboarding. :)
I doubt you're being monitored in any way, afaik it's not currrently illegal to browse that website, but you may want to take care what sites you visit in the future as the less reputable ones can try to put key loggers on your computer or may encourage the use of programs that are illegal.

Not trying to freak you out or anything, just encouraging a little awareness and a healthy dose of paranoia. :)

The UO websites I visit:
stratics (this one)
www.uoguide.com (a UO wiki you can add information to)
http://www.spellweave.com (KR information and deco stuff)
http://www.uocraft.com (for their pet power calculator but they have lots of stuff there)
http://www.towerofroses.de (information about smith and tailor bods)

There are some other deco websites I visit here and there too.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not trying to freak you out or anything, just encouraging a little awareness and a healthy dose of paranoia. :)
quote]

I'm wary on the web. I decided to clean out my Favorites list a couple years back and one of the virus hoax sites did a driveby download. Wound up having to do a low-level format as regular formatting and Fdisking was disabled. Apparently it wasn't a 'hoax' site anymore. :)

I've battened down the hatches and haven't had to many problems since then, though the firewall and anti-virus programs certainly are catching enough stuff. The Internet Superhighway, which was actually more of an Obstacle Course, has become pretty much a Minefield. Travel at your own risk.:sword:

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure what you're asking, as far as I can tell UO.Stratics *is* such a site? Stratics is staffed by volunteers and the information in the pages of uo.stratics.com is submitted by players.
Stratics is too much, too compatmentalized, and often outdated. I've been using it since I started playing UO back in 2000 and it hasn't proven extremely helpful. Browse some of the player websites via that link I posted and you will see the difference.

Also browse the game website pages via the left side list. The information is presented in a way that is much more useful to a new player and is accessible right there via the game's website. No need to hear of another website elsewhere in order to have the info available to use.

UO wasn't as bad as starting without a how-to guide, but it was close. :)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Actually, Tanivar, if you'd actually look at more of Stratics than just the forums, you'd realize we're remedying that.

Besides content updates, we've got someone working on a redesign of the page itself (that will show up some time this summer hopefully).

You know, one of the ironic things about the condition Stratics got into, was that the forums were so popular, people would volunteer to update FAQs in the forum, but we couldn't get them to volunteer to work on updates for the equivalent parts of the main page. Now that we've got a group of people working on the site itself, it's improving.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, Tanivar, if you'd actually look at more of Stratics than just the forums, you'd realize we're remedying that.
I've actually used Stratics quite often since I returned last fall. I needed to brush up on UO and learn the changes ML brought to UO. I hadn't bought it before I'd left because I was going elsewhere once Punkbuster was going to be enabled, so there was no point to buying it.

Besides content updates, we've got someone working on a redesign of the page itself (that will show up some time this summer hopefully).
It does need a change. My tendency is to compare any games info pages to Gemstone. To many years there I guess.

You know, one of the ironic things about the condition Stratics got into, was that the forums were so popular, people would volunteer to update FAQs in the forum, but we couldn't get them to volunteer to work on updates for the equivalent parts of the main page. Now that we've got a group of people working on the site itself, it's improving.

Hyssmaye

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made my own apple tree several years ago - it was in the yard of the old Gyldenfeld Bakery on Chesapeake.

I'll see if I can hunt down the site I used - the trunk was made of one of the log cabin house tiles, then I built the tree from bright green water plants, and actual apples. You had to add some teleporter pads around the top of the "trunk" to be able to place the water plants properly. We used to have fun hiding in the tree after teleporting into it. :dunce:

I may have a pic somewhere - will try to track it down.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made my own apple tree several years ago - it was in the yard of the old Gyldenfeld Bakery on Chesapeake.

I'll see if I can hunt down the site I used - the trunk was made of one of the log cabin house tiles, then I built the tree from bright green water plants, and actual apples. You had to add some teleporter pads around the top of the "trunk" to be able to place the water plants properly. We used to have fun hiding in the tree after teleporting into it. :dunce:

I may have a pic somewhere - will try to track it down.
Sounds like it would be fun. I'll have to try putting one up at the Greenhouse. :)

I ran across some Heritage tokens yesterday and bought five of them for 4.5 million (pricey little things) and then found out today that they were given out to each character at the 10th anniversary. Hopefully they will be given out again. There's a lot of neat items to choose from. I'd like to have about 2 dozen. :)

Anyone on Chessie have the boiling kettle choice set up somewhere? I'd like to see how it looks before expending a token on it. I might replace the cauldron on top of a brazier I have in my alchemist's room with one.

They could add the Heritage tokens to the UO Store. I'd use a dozen for the wall torches alone to put one in each room of the Plantation. :)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you have any 'stew' in your cauldron on a brazier? if not, add an aquarium flake.

M

MoneyMaker

You know, using a cocoa tree and raising the apples would be a heckuva lot cheaper.

Here's a guide to raising things above the regular limit if you dont know how. http://uo.stratics.com/homes/betterhomes/dd_decotips.shtml#canopies
and
http://uo.stratics.com/homes/betterhomes/dd_decotips.shtml#stacking

I never was much of a decorator, but as the years have passed and houses have become customizable, I have started doing a bit of deco here and there.
With these tips, I can do some spectacular deco tricks! Thanks Miner! :thumbsup:

S

Stupid Miner

Sure thing, you can use the same trick to add flowers to trees (scattered style)
Or you can use it to have a climbing vine go up 4 stories.
Or a gigantic Hedge Maze.
Or pretty much whatever you can think of.