• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to make a public rune library?

F

FrankBama

I wanted to make a small public rune library...but quite frankly need to be brought back up to speed on all the specifics.

1. Is there any rules to watch out for?
2. Can I lock down say an arcane bookshelf and then lock down runebooks inside this to make a slightly cleaner library? (All be it a bit hidden from the public)
3. Can anyone add scrolls to my books like they used to be able to?
4. Any risk of runes leaving if I set the security on a locked down runebook to anyone or everyone?

G

At the risk of poor info, I'll give it a shot. I've only used rune libraries, not built one.

1. Is there any rules to watch out for?
To my knowledge no except particularly dangerous spots might be well marked - special book, etc. Just as a "user beware" courtesy, mind you.

2. Can I lock down say an arcane bookshelf and then lock down runebooks inside this to make a slightly cleaner library? (All be it a bit hidden from the public)
Arcane might look nice but I have seen libraries using stacked wooden benches with the books locked on each level. Looked pretty decent, too.

3. Can anyone add scrolls to my books like they used to be able to?
As far as I know - yes. I've done so when the book was empty and used the runes quite nicely.

4. Any risk of runes leaving if I set the security on a locked down runebook to anyone or everyone?
Runes can only be dropped if the book is in the backpack I believe. Therefore a locked down book cannot be in the pack, thus runes should not be able to be taken.

IDEA: Perhaps extra copies of the runebooks as items for sale ... set a vendor up with just a NPC book for contact info to buy one. <shrug>

G

as long as you lock down the runebook, it will be ok, you can not add nor remove runes from a locked down book.

players will be able to add recall scrolls to the book even when locked down.

@T 'amon - runes can be dropped onto a runebook in a secured container (either home or bank box) as well as in your backpack.

G

Understood on the added-to drop, however my intent was using the drop rune as in remove from book. nice catch ... to-MAY-to, to-MAH-to?