• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to make a Luck suit?

P

portcontrol7

Hi all,

I have my smithing up to about 93 and I want to make a high physical resist luck suit for my warrior. I have a couple questions...

1) I am thinking of making a platemail suit out of Dull Copper and then enhancing it with Gold to add luck, is this the right approach or vice versa?

2) If I use my Dull Copper Runic hammer, will this make the exceptional bonus fall to 6 instead of 15 on the resist total?

3) Will each piece possess 40 luck, and if so will the Runic Hammer make that more?

4) What is the max luck that you can have on one item, and applied as a total to your character?

5) Will luck improve the chances of me getting a minor artifact drop in despise?

Thank you for any info provided in advance.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First, you won't be able to make a high resist high luck suit using DC Hammers. You'll need at least a Bronze or Gold Hammer to have enough properties to get high resists and high luck.

1) If you want a luck suit, make it out of Gold. Your chance of enhancing, even holding a +60 hammer, are less than 20%.

2) Any Runic hammer will reduce the Exceptional bonus down to 6%.

3) If you make it out of Gold, each piece will have 40 luck. When using a Runic Hammer, it's possible to add up to an additional 100 luck per piece.

4) Answered in #3.

5) There are no Minor Artifacts in Despise; only the anti-virtue Major Artifacts are there, and yes. Extra luck will increase the chance of receiving one.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Also, you cannot enhance any smith item that is already some other metal type besides iron.

In other words, while you can enhance regular iron items with Dull Copper or Gold, you can't enhance something already made of dull copper WITH gold.

If you're going to make something for a specific purpose (luck, for example), craft it out of the specific metal to start with - you'll break most items during enhancing if you go for iron, then enhance after crafting.

P

portcontrol7

Ok so I should make it out of Gold using a regular hammer? I need it to have high Physical resist and good luck. After making it out of gold I should enhance it with dull copper for the high physical resist properties of DC?

H

Havoc2020

The only items you can enhance are Iron. If you make something out any of the other colored ingots you cannot go back and enhance them with another type of colored ingot. So if you want luck make your items with gold ingots. If you have a tailor you would be better off for making a luck suit.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

You can't enhance Gold or any other special metal with ANOTHER SPECIAL METAL.

You can't enhance gold with Dull Copper
You can't enhance Dull copper with gold

You can only enhance REGULAR IRON items with ONE of the special metals.

Make it with a runic (at least shadow, to be sure of at least 2 properties) to try for luck, if you must, but do it with gold ingots. It will take a lot of real-life luck to get the physical resist high on all the pieces, but it is doable. It will just take making hundreds of items (and using over a dozen hammers) to get the 6 pieces for the suit.

P

portcontrol7

Ok gotcha...

So when using a regular hammer I get 15 bonus resist points and with a runic only 6 points, making it impossible to make a 70 physical resist platemail suit with a runic hammer... at best it would be 66 physical resist assuming all 6 bonus exceptional points go into physical... So basically runic hammers suck at making high resist armor?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ok gotcha...

So when using a regular hammer I get 15 bonus resist points and with a runic only 6 points, making it impossible to make a 70 physical resist platemail suit with a runic hammer... at best it would be 66 physical resist assuming all 6 bonus exceptional points go into physical... So basically runic hammers suck at making high resist armor?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not exactly, it is absolutely 'possible' to make a 70 physical resist high luck suit with dull copper hammers. You however would have to be pretty lucky to get all the pieces.

Each colored smithy hammer has a certain number of extra properties that it will add to the item you create. DC hammers add either 1 or 2 to your item. Shadow ads 2..Copper 2-3..bronze 3...etc etc..

The properties are added randomely and at random intensities. So with a shadow hammer where you are guaranteed 2 properties you could get a mage armor/stamina reg combo, a luck/mana increase combo, a lower mana cost/reflect damage combo...and so on..you never know what properties will be added. It can be difficuly to find the exact combination of properties you would like.

One of the two properties in the example above could also be a boost to one of the resists..up to a max of 25 I think it is, in one catagory. So in a perfect world for you, it is 'possible' to make a 140 luck tunic with 25 physical resists. However the chances are quite slim, but it could be done with enough hammers and patience...and gold ingots..ouch!

I hope this helps clear things up for you a little bit. I wish you the best of 'luck' in your search for the armor you are after.

P

portcontrol7

Thanks Axiam, that does clear a few questions I had up. So one of the special prperties granted by runics is possibly more resist points? So then you dont necessarily get only 6 extra resist points on an exceptionally crafted armor piece made with runic.

I think I got it.

G

Exactly, you are not held to just those 6 points. One of your random rolls could very well be the boost to physical that you are after. Now finding it in the physical catagory as well as getting the luck rolled also, and at a high percentage..there lies your challenge.

A

afreespirit

<blockquote><hr>

Exactly, you are not held to just those 6 points. One of your random rolls could very well be the boost to physical that you are after. Now finding it in the physical catagory as well as getting the luck rolled also, and at a high percentage..there lies your challenge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are those 6 points with a runic hammer boosted by having 100 Arms Lore?

G

Having GM Arms Lore gives an additional 5 resists that are spread throughout the item you are creating. I believe that Setnaffa is correct above in the thread (im sure he is..
)..Using the runic lowers the 'percentage' to 6%. Yet that has absolutely nothing to do with the 5 bonus points you get from having gm lore.

So an exceptionally made piece w/ gm lore would give +6% of a normal piece + 5 for lore.

Hope this makes sense..

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To make a luck resist suit - go get a spined kit and make items out of spined leather.

I made a bunch of 135 luck + pieces and pulled together a 1200 luck/ 60's resist suit fairly easily.

Much easier than using smith runics.

Repeat after me:

Smith Runics for Weapons
Tailor Runics for Armor

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Repeat after me:

Smith Runics for Weapons
Tailor Runics for Armor

[/ QUOTE ]

That was funny.

G

Hey now, just for fun I made a few of the samurai armor pieces with a copper runic. just one of each with valorite to see how they looked (good lord thats some ugly armor) I did end up with a 20 lrc, 6lmc, mage armor of course small Jingasa (like 39 resists, so pretty sad). Then I decided to make some dragon gloves just for fun as well, first pair of dragon gloves comes out with 20 lrc and mage armor! So now my crafter has quite possibly the ugliest 100 lrc suit on the shard, heheh.

Rey~

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

To make a luck resist suit - go get a spined kit and make items out of spined leather.

I made a bunch of 135 luck + pieces and pulled together a 1200 luck/ 60's resist suit fairly easily.

Much easier than using smith runics.

Repeat after me:

Smith Runics for Weapons
Tailor Runics for Armor

[/ QUOTE ]Nail on the Head. It is VERY possible to get a high Physical/Luck suit with a Spined Runic Kit. Spined leather gets a 5% boost to Physical along with the extra 40 luck. Your odds are much better there than trying to use Gold ingots and a Runic Hammer below copper.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The only advantage that gold would have over spined is that your suit would be more balanced in resists, but you'd need a lot more runic charges and better smith runics to do what would be more easily done with the tailor runics (for now, at least - hopefully that will change, but I'm not holding my breath)

R

Redrum1

Boy did you leave yourself wide open with that remark! But I think I shall be nice and leave that one alone.