• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to kill an ortanord ?

• Thread starter TheDarknessRJ
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
T

TheDarknessRJ

Has anyone killed this?

The vast majority of time i only get a message stating that it cannot be damaged.

I tried a lot but don't make any considerable damage.

Using the demon slayer cyclone given from a guest i make a little damage with the assist of 2 tamed Lowland Bouras, but it regen in few seconds.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went after it with a mage-bow using mage/tamer, a dreadmare, a nightmare, and a mystic/bard on another account.

It's effectively immune to all 6 damage types and can not be discorded.

The 90% resists with the hp regen it has at most permited a pixel at the end of the healthbar to occasionally flicker red for a moment.

The demon slayer books didn't appear to help.

Some dev needs a swat upside the head by his boss. :)

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dexxers can take them down, they just take a lot of damage (similar to the rats in the abyss)

they don't drop anything worthwhile btw, so it's not really worth it.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aren't these the things you need a small piece of blackrock in your backpack for?

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have killed them with an alchemist/imbuer/carpenter/tinker/mage/scribe/cook by casting something to occupy their attention like a earth elemental or EV and then threw explosion potions at them. They have the same loot as a kopre which is nothing usually or a void orb.

Ahmadi

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
They are effectively designed to level pets in Anatomy, meditation, resist spells, evaluate intelligence and magery.

Albeitly at high levels they slow down, but that is the most amazing exploit ever!!! Low damage and great gains, as long as you do 't fall asleep you on the keyboard you can take a dragon or GD levels all the way to max with little effort. Just act and forget about it.

Also they are the only mob I know that can take a pet tamed squirrel and max all its stats without fear of dying. I love thoossseeee Ortanrods!!!