• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to get through the Citadel for Travesty ?

R

Rainfo X

We got the first two keys and then there were just too many assassin's spawning to get to the third. Can you do anything to stop the spawn?

N

Nenime

As you probably found out already, you should not run and not step on carpets in the Citadel

You mean the Red Key, do you? Unfortunately you can't stop the spawn. Best methods are Stealth, Honor Self or Etheral Voyage (if you got a high Arc. Focus) before you ascend the stairs. Then run counterclockwise till you reach the stairs down. There is a small room where you can recover health before you go down to the Grandmage.

I hope this helps.

R

Rainfo X

Thanks. My guild and I tried again tonight and did it this time. The spawn is still ridiculous though, so its all about running through, not fighting everything.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you take it slow, you can go as a group through the dungeon, hopping back and forth down and back up stairs at the entrance (if filled with spawn) and the red key level (the landing is good for healing & rezzes), slowly clearing a path (try going over traps one at a time, or synchronized as a group). Once you get to the red key area, then the hidden door becomes the refuge to dart in and out of. Eventually, if you stay in that room, with a could of tamers, one with peace, you can sit in it and farm it just like the other two rooms.

The hard part is just getting there.

Once you have multiple sets of keys, only the key-bearer has to make the run, and can IIRC do it dead, and van be rezzed across the water, to drop the keys. Everyone else can just wait there at the entrance, partied, close to the water, and the keys can be passed over the water in a couple spots.

O

onthefifty

honor is your friend for the third key in the citadel. spend some time working it up.

also, you can disarm anything with a weapon down there which will seriously limit the damage you take.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Thanks. My guild and I tried again tonight and did it this time. The spawn is still ridiculous though, so its all about running through, not fighting everything.
You got it.

There's no reason to work your way through. Run through to the key room.

There is one toon that could work their way through slowly: a sampire. But then, why would you want to? The key is the important thing.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For a sammy, you can also toggle evasion to get past. Weavers can use ethereal voyage.

It's iffy for stealthers too. High chance that you will get revealed.

Don't waste time clearing. If you need to retreat to heal for example, you will invariably step on a spawn triggger and more will spawn.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If your going after the red/orange key, it is best to have just a couple (or one person that knows what their doing) go after the key and then stay in the room. I don't know how many times I've seen guilds/people run down to the room, kill the boss and don't get a key, so they run out and do the other two rooms and then run back down to the orange key room again. About the 5th or 6th time they all run down there, the spawn gets so thick in the hallways and other rooms that it can be difficult getting through without using honor or ethy voyage. If your planning on doing multiple sets, you can have someone with multiple accounts run a dead person to the key table, and you can rez them at certain spots accross the water. They can then drop the keys and hand the final set back accross the water. That way your not running chars through all the spawn again and creating even more.