• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to get a book of masteries

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
I tried picking up the quest from Hawkwind but he says I am too busy with other things. There is nothing in my quest log.

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
So it's basically broken and you just buy them from vendors?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So it's basically broken and you just buy them from vendors?
No, I can get the random Hawkwind quest on toons that have not done it. But why do a random Peerless or worse when you can do the Bard quests easier or buy on VS.

1681616544993.png

It uses the old Quest system.
1681616592889.png

I have no idea who this guy is that I need to defeat.

1681616643774.png

You access it from clicking yourself:
1681616985292.png

I looked that guy up, its the Boss at Bedlam Spawn, PASS

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I tried picking up the quest from Hawkwind but he says I am too busy with other things. There is nothing in my quest log.
Raise Music and Peacemaking (easiest, just stay and spam area peace) to 90 on any character you have and then you can get quest in Brit Conservatory . Which will grant you a book for peacing 5 mongbats. Quest can be repeated as many times as you want.

Or just yell in chat on your shard : someone usually have bard and will help you .

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Thanks guys, I have been playing forever but there's a lot I don't know :)
BTW does anyone know when UO account management will be back online?