• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

how to gain Honor virtue as a tamer?

C

cdrwok

Hello fellow tamers
I normally invoke Honor virtue and then target whatever I want to attack. Then I send in my animals. Once the target is dead, the message says i gain some Honor. I was working on artic orge lord, but very slow gaining Honor. It does not pass the second button yet. Any way to gain Honor faster? Will need it to tame greater dragon. Thanks.

DrDolittle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Deamons was enough to finish the second level in a few hours. They stopped giving honor gains a few dots into the third level. After than I have been doing balrons. It is much slower but the last time I was on I was only one dot from finishing the third level.

G

I haven't found anything that is faster than succubus. I went from nothing to knight in probably 3-4 hours.

C

cdrwok

i heard that as a tamer, I will max out at 4 dots at Follower of Honor level, is that true? since my animal do all the work and i am not directly dealing damage?

G

Not sure about the the maxing out, but I was doing honor in the moonglow event last night and went from lvl 2 with 1/10 to lvl 3 in about 2 hours. -.- It slowed down a bit though after that, and also it took that long because there were a lot of people in the event, so the mobs were slim pickin!

I found dragons and gd's are decent to work on for tier 1 and 2. 3 seems a bit slow.

G

<blockquote><hr>

i heard that as a tamer, I will max out at 4 dots at Follower of Honor level, is that true? since my animal do all the work and i am not directly dealing damage?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true. I am a knight of honor on my tamer. It does take a while though. Again, succubus are awesome...take a pup and kill them for a while. Honor, kill, lather, rinse and repeat.

Piper [PGoH]

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true. I am a knight of honor on my tamer. It does take a while though. Again, succubus are awesome...take a pup and kill them for a while. Honor, kill, lather, rinse and repeat.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep! I'm also a Knight of Honor, and I second the succubi. Great training for your pet as well, plus, you'll make a lot of gold fast.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep! I'm also a Knight of Honor, and I second the succubi. Great training for your pet as well, plus, you'll make a lot of gold fast.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you are in Ilshenar though, watch out for the paragon succubus. They are nasty. You will need high magery, and lots of med/mana regen to keep your puppy alive.

I

imported_revenant2

Succubus done with a well-trained cu sidhe, specifically.

Your honor gains may be increased if you can manage to stand in place after honoring the succubus, without moving.

Succubus are high in phys resist and tend to be low in cold, energy, and poison. Cu sidhes' do cold and energy damage with their melee attack, making them a great choice of pet to kill them, and poison fields can keep a Succubus' mana busy (instead of that mana being used to cast nasties on the dog). Succubus are also quite high in resisting spells.

I

imported_GFY

I'll second the nasty motion on paragon succubus. (They really SUCK!)

I managed to kill one with a highly trained Cu and it had over 10k in gold on it that it looted from various people trying unsucessfully to slay it!

Best way to kill para succubus; all kill, teleport to 1 tile from cu, heal and vet the cu without moving. If you move the succubus will re-target on YOU! Teleport spell will not cause the succubus to re-target. If you stand with 1 tile between you and your pet, you'll be able to vet and be outside the succubus area effect spells.

I

imported_Fran Fury

My problem with those nasty ladies is that no matter how far away I am from them and my pet they always seem to retarget and come after me. I can't stand still to get the honor and be chased around the room at the same time.
Even when I invis she either reveals or as soon as I do reveal she retargets on me again.

I

imported_Hinotori

I use Thrashers in the Blighted Grove. Either in Fel or Tram depending on my mood. From my experience with Demons in Fel and Tram, you don't get extra honor off the Fel critters.

If you use one critter you get the most honor off what you kill. I prefer the Cu Sidhe for Thrashers. I know they will take any tamer up to knight. I use honor so much that I'm happy to just have follower level for use usually though.

I

imported_EnigmaMaitreya

<blockquote><hr>

If you are in Ilshenar though, watch out for the paragon succubus. They are nasty. You will need high magery, and lots of med/mana regen to keep your puppy alive.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is one of the issues I have. The Paragon's in Ilshenar are a real Back Breaker.

Maybe it is just me but I seem to always run into those Mugs. Went to tame a Nightmare In Ilshenar for someone and guess what was waiting for me there ... A Poison Elemental (Paragon) AND a Nightmare (Paragon). I thought I could handle then independently with my Hiryu ... WRONG the PE went right through the Hiryu. I ended up needing to bring both accounts in and have both Hiryu's attack the Mob and use one to Invis the other when a Retarget occured (The Nightmare (Paragon) loved retargeting). At any rate it took sever pet deaths and rez's to just to get things back to normal.

I really do not like being in Ilshenar for the simple reason of the Paragon's.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. They are VERY nasty. Fortunately, the pup I use and my suit are up to the task, but they are NOT to be taken lightly.

Piper [PGoH]

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The para succubi in Ilsh are why I prefer to go to the Fan Dancer Dojo. There's that one little room with just one succubus and a daemon that can be easily led away, but the succubus does respawn fast, so gaining's still good.