• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] How to gain fishing...Temp post

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello

I did create a bit of a guide to gaining in fishing. It's still in the works, But it gives the basics at the moment. I'll be adding more as it becomes ready. Sorry for the delays. I also included info for Siege Players. This info should be good for both 2D and KR clients.

On production shards, I find the best place to fish is off Buccaneers Den docks. At your starting level you should still gain very well off the shores and then moving to the docks once you start to see slow down in gains. Once you hit 70-75ish, then the ROT kicks in somewhere in there for Siege players. I've never created a fisher on Siege so this may or may not help. After 70-75 get a boat and go just a lil ways from the Buc's dock to the east. Automap is a big help doing this it shows you the different levels of water, the lighter the water the more shallow the darker the deeper. You want to work your way up in the shades of blue. In KR, the in game map also shows these color changes and is basically the same for the depths. If you notice a slow down then it may be time to move a bit further east from the docs. 12 tiles is my recommendation. Now on Siege, I realize that maybe too open an area. My other suggestion for both Siege and production shards, is to find the server line that runs North-South off of the west side of Verity Island (Moonglow), again you can find this easily by using Automap. You follow this line North and as you gain move slowly away from it as you gain. Again I don't understand the ROT very well, so you'll have to decide which is more convenient taking that into consideration. I like Buc's Den because it's easier to dock my boat when I'm done and a lil safer on production shards. There's a healer right at the docks so if that mean ol sea serpent gets better of you it's quicker to get a res there.

Hope this helps

Oriana

PS Maybe I will start a fisher on Siege just to have the experience.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any updates on spots for fishing gains? East of Buc Den seems to have gone away. All I'm getting there is a coma toast state. <g>

Can we get a command to choose to have something happen besides nothing while we keep pressing the old UOA macro key to cast again? At this point an occasional Kraken and dirtnap would be an acceptable break in the tedium. :)

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I gmed my fished along the server line east of moonglow...

Slow forward...and then wrote a casting macro.

it can get boring at times...but the sea monsters would keep me awake.

D

Destiny<3

I gm'd my fishing by starting sos at 65, which made them take a while before coming up of course, but at least I got some loot along the way, then as my skill increased I had more exciting times! This was before pearls of course..

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got past 80 and am now getting Sea Serpents occasionally. Something besides pressing up arrow between yawns. Not a Kraken but what the heck. :)

The neat thing was finding I could get several hundred skill gains for my archer/healer/fisher switched to mage/healer/fisher by leading the sea serpents back to the dock and going onto shore and exchanging fireballs & lightning bolts with them. Guildmaster trained skills are now around doubled. Resist is in the 60's. Magery is 50 something.

I'm currently at 85.5. 145 fishing gains to go. :)

M

Maximilliean

I gmed my fished along the server line east of moonglow...

Slow forward...and then wrote a casting macro.

it can get boring at times...but the sea monsters would keep me awake.

Thats how I GM'd Fishing on all my fishermen.

J

jpullen8874

When fishing along to server line, is it better to go slow forward for full speed? I was thinking that full speed would keep we away from any nasty things I run across.

Also, does distance from the server line effect it and position north or south along the line?

L

Lord Drakelord

When fishing along to server line, is it better to go slow forward for full speed? I was thinking that full speed would keep we away from any nasty things I run across.

Also, does distance from the server line effect it and position north or south along the line?
full speed you hit land that much faster, if a mage you are cast a summon like fire and have it guard you, if you hit a serpent it will attack.

As for position along the server line I am not sure, I GM a while back in deep water, ages ago. Used to have the old Ranger leather armor suit on my fisherman, it was not till I moved him to Sonoma in 2004 that he got a new suit of LRC barded leather and a sammy helmet.

J

jpullen8874

Where I am right now I can go straight forward and never hit land. Still going now after about 4hrs and many round trips, so speed doesn't matter in that aspect. I guess I need to pick up some sort of defence since my fisher character only has points in GM cooking and alchemy.
Thanks for the info.

J

jpullen8874

Since yesterday I have made a few improvements. I added mace fighting and use the Winds Edge fans. These things are sea serpent killers. With the DI and SSI and the 100% energy damage they take them down in only 5-10 hits, and this in with macing and tactics in only the mid 50s.

I have also found out that with the boat at full speed forward you can avoid the serps all together since they can't catch the boat. If any fishers want to hit GM without the bother of combat skills, it can be done.

Fishing 85.5 and going.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sea serpents are vulnerable to snake slayers and with some luck, you can find a sea serpent or deep sea serpent killer talisman.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Serps also carry mibs. about one in 10-15 mibs is an Ancient. That will pull up all sorts of nasties and possibly a few rares.

So explain to me why you want to out run serps?

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1 out 25 mibs can be an aos. (Or at least that is the officially saying. :D )

There could be 2 reasons for avoiding serpents:
- for training (as the above poster suggested)
- for script/unattended fishing pearls