• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to Craft Max Luck Suit Step -By-Step

Mystikal73

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How to Make a Max Luck Suit
First and foremost you will need to determine what materials you will use for this new suit. If you are planning to use leather you will need a large amount of Horned Runic Sewing Kits. If you are going to use metal you will need to use either bronze or copper runic hammers. Be prepared to use lots of raw materials such as bulk leather and bulk iron ingots. I usually like to know before I even start the suit what pieces will be used in conjunction with the suit. Examples are Mempo of Fortune or the Novo Bleu set. If going for the max luck possible you may also want to piece in the Lucky Charm Talisman, the Soles of Providence and the Conjurer’s Garb with the luck. Make sure that the pieces you are going to put into the suit will work into it. I used the Armor of Fortune and Mempo of Fortune as well it made my resists harder and some never did get to full 70’s as I had hoped. Make sure the understand that resists may never reach the full 70’s as you get more and more stats on the pieces the weight will restrict what you can do. Do Not Attempt Without Having your Imbuer to full 120, and Tailoring and Blacksmithing.
With leather you first want to place in a salvage bag and regular sewing kit and normal leather. You will make at least 20 pieces of whichever you would like to start first. As you make the pieces make sure to pull to side the pieces that were not exceptional. If you are making a warrior suit you may want to choose studded for the LMC added advantage if mage suit use regular leather pieces. In your normal backpack pull a piece that is exceptional out of salvage bag and double click your Horned Runic Sewing kit. A new contextual menu will pop up : The selections will be in white writing and red writing and green…The white means that is not selected……..the red means it won’t be available until a certain part is selected and green means that is what you are selecting.
So for this first attempt you will select Grand Artifice and Inspired Artifice you will then go down to the choose name right arrow and pick out of the titles for Auspicious of Luck . After you select the title you will see on bottom right there is a reforge item arrow you will click that making sure to be standing within two tiles of a soul forge. If you are also wanting highest resists possible you will also select Exalted Artifice and Sublime Artifice then clicking the title of Fortified of Defense. Reforging is completely random and will take lots of attempts to get the pieces you want. After you get your piece with 150 luck and if you like the resists if doing the fortified of Defense you will put each piece to the side. Make sure to unravel or salvage your leather as you go to keep it manageable in your backpack.
Make sure to put all pieces together to get a good idea of your overall resists that you will be working with and all artifacts to get a good feel for where you will need the most resists and properties you want. Some people use spreadsheets or formulas or notebook. POWDER EVERY PIECE YOU ARE ABOUT TO IMBUE that step is most important or all of this is for nothing. If making a magery suit this is where you want your LRC and LMC, before you work on resists if the resists are not perfect be forewarned it will bump up a little when you hit with the spined at the end, but not a lot. After you have put as many properties and resists on suit as is possible you will then grab the FORGED METAL OF ARTIFACTS TOOL . This tool is very expensive and make sure you are ready to use it. Each time you do a piece of armor you must double click the tool if you do not the piece will break catastrophically and be lost forever. A Message will come up saying that the next time you use this tool it will do the skill at 100%. Click your regular sewing kit and select the spined BLUE leather and then click on bottom right where it says enhance item. The piece will then convert to 190 luck.
If you choose to make any pieces with metal instead you will use a bronze or copper runic hammers. First you would make sure to make several of the pieces and take out or smelt the nonexceptional pieces. You would then select on the bronze or copper runic hammer, and double click the menu and select Powerful Reforging and Grand Artifice and Inspired Artifice and choose reforge item. Like in the other reforging efforts your piece will eventually come out with 150 luck. You may also like above choose Exalted and Sublime with the title of Fortified of Defense if aiming for better resists. Make sure to powder up pieces before Imbuing. Place all resist and properties on pieces until each piece is maxed out. You will then get the Forged Metal of Artifacts and double click it and pick the regular blacksmithing tool and click to use gold ore and then select enhance item. This is where you would make weapons and shields for mages or dexers, but if on mage make sure to put spellchanneling on them.
Gargoyles
My favorite race ever. Are so misunderstood……
Make your regular gargoyle leather armor following the leather reforging as above. You can make the jewelry and reforge the luck on the pieces for earrings and necklace, but it will not allow you to enhance with the added luck over 150. You will also find that the Mempo and Armor of Fortune are not able to be altered for gargoyles. The Throwing weapons can have over 210 luck added, and if you are a mage you can hold a shield as well. If it is on a mage use spellchanneling on each. if you do not the piece will break catastrophically and be lost forever.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you for a good writeup. I wish I had this when I was figuring things out from 30 different forum posts.
I'd like to add that the most difficult part is getting the resists maxed without wasting imbuing weights. When you imbue a resist, any points that were initially present on the item for this resist are effectively wasted. So the first and the most tedious part of making a suit is crafting and destroying thousands of exceptional pieces. You are looking for exception pieces with 1-2 resists at their absolute minimum. These are the resists that you will imbue on this item.
Once you get a few pieces with minimum resists you reforge them. Most of the time you will not reforge to the result you need and will have to start over. As you fill out your suit, getting pieces with correct resists will be more and more difficult because at that point you will need 1-2 specific resists at their minimum so that these later pieces complement what you already have.

codemonkey84

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
So

Step 1) craft an exceptional piece with at least 2 resists at minimum (so would the resists be the same as non exceptional pieces)
Step 2) Reforge with a horned runic kit (any reason for horned and not the other 2) for Auspicious of Luck and maybe also(?) Fortified of Defense
- Make sure to have 150 luck
- Make sure resists are added to the minimum resists
Step 3) Use Powder of Fortifying(PoF) to reach 255 max durability
Step 4) Imbue to fit your needs (lrc/lmc stam/mana etc...
- Up to 500 weight
Step 5) Use FORGED METAL OF ARTIFACTS TOOL when you enhance the item with spine leather

Is this a simplified version of what you wrote? Just some questions then.

Approximately how much leather should i expect for a full suit of leather armor? Approximately how many runic kits should I expect to have to use to get what i want? I know nothing definitive can be said about those questions but on average what should I expect?

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So
Step 1) craft an exceptional piece with at least 2 resists at minimum (so would the resists be the same as non exceptional pieces)
I am not sure I explained the resists strategy properly. You want to reach max resists (or even higher for Sampires) with minimal employment of imbuing (because there are plenty of other things you need it for. Each exceptional piece of gear has a total number of resist points that are assigned to it. BTW that number of points is increase by Arms Lore, so that skill is a must.
Each resist has a range of possible resist values it can have. Values within that range are random but totals for all resists are always the same. So if you planning to imbue fire resist on a certain piece, making sure that original fire resist is at its minimum makes sure that all other resists have the max possible points distributed among them. If you pick your pieces this way, you will need 1 resist imbue per piece (maybe two on one or two pieces) to hit max resist on your suit. That leaves a lot of slots for other stuff to imbue. If you do not want to bother with this and start with just random exceptional armor pieces, you will probably need 3 or so resist imbues per piece which will leave precious little for anything else.
So, in my case use of spreadsheet is unavoidable. As I make and reforge pieces I fill them into the spreadsheet and look to see where (which resists) I am still deficient. This tells me how to select later pieces. You also need to keep in mind the modification of resists that comes from enhancement at the end. Spine leather gives quite a boost to Physical. You don't want to waste those points.
Step 2) Reforge with a horned runic kit (any reason for horned and not the other 2) for Auspicious of Luck and maybe also(?) Fortified of Defense
Because with spined kit to get 150 luck you need to go Fundamental reforging which will not allow you to repair the item http://uo2.stratics.com/items/magic-item-properties/runic-re-forging/semmersets-re-forging-charts/
I prefer not to use Fortified of Defence because there is already enough randomness in the process. Its not a free mod, it will take an imbuing slot, so I might as well do it myself.

Approximately how much leather should i expect for a full suit of leather armor? Approximately how many runic kits should I expect to have to use to get what i want? I know nothing definitive can be said about those questions but on average what should I expect?
I cant tell you about leather. I don't even bother to keep track lol. As far as kits go, it's 1-3 per item IIRC.

codemonkey84

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the reply I'm just trying to lay this out for simplicity sake so it makes sense in my mind.

With the question about step one. So if i want a piece with minimum fire resist bonus. Then the piece will have the same fire resist as a non exceptional piece? I'm just asking what resist i'm looking for. What about barbed leather kits or is that just adding expenses?

Step 1) craft an exceptional piece with at least 1 or 2 resists the same as non exceptional pieces.
-With tailored items avoid phys res.
-With bs aim for poison.
-With wood armor try for cold here,
Step 2) Reforge for Auspicious of Luck aiming for 150 luck
- Tailors need to use horned/Barbed
- Bs uses copper (no negatives)
- Wood uses ash
Step 4) Imbue to fit your needs adding resists to the the min resist to suit your needs (lrc/lmc stam/mana etc...
- Average item needs 59 total resist to hit all 70's. Often need higher due to random placements.
- Up to 500 imbuing weight
Step 5) Use FORGED METAL OF ARTIFACTS TOOL to enhance
- Tailor uses spined leather
- Bs uses Gold
- Wood items use oak

Let me know if this list looks about right. I'm just trying to get it so someone new or returning won't get bogged down so much like I did when I returned. Average total gotten by (70 * 5)/ 6 pieces rounding up.

Mystikal73

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So

Step 4) Imbue to fit your needs (lrc/lmc stam/mana etc...
- Up to 500 weight
Step 5) Use FORGED METAL OF ARTIFACTS TOOL when you enhance the item with spine leather

Is this a simplified version of what you wrote? Just some questions then.

I will tell you that with imbuing being so totally random there is no definitive answer but I can give a ballpark estimate of 1 maybe two pieces from 90 use kit if you are lucky....the leather you may want to have at least 8,000 at your disposal.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With the question about step one. So if i want a piece with minimum fire resist bonus. Then the piece will have the same fire resist as a non exceptional piece? I'm just asking what resist i'm looking for. What about barbed leather kits or is that just adding expenses?

Step 1) craft an exceptional piece with at least 1 or 2 resists the same as non exceptional pieces.
I think you misunderstand what exceptional bonus does. It adds more resist points to the item that are randomly split among various resists. So an exceptional and non-exceptional piece may have exactly same fire resist if that's how RNG falls.

When selecting your items the logic goes something like this - I know that if I just put together a suit of exceptional gear (without modification) I will be lowest in poison (just an example). So I know at the very least I will have to imbue poison on a few pieces. When I imbue poison resist, all existing poison points on that item are effectively wasted. Therefore it would be better for me to select pieces with the lowest poison resist (which would make other resists higher). I will then imbue these pieces with poison which will give me the poison value I need.[/QUOTE]

-With tailored items avoid phys res.
-With bs aim for poison.
-With wood armor try for cold here,
That all depends on material, not the skill. You need to avoid phys res if you plan to enhance with spined leather. If you will use other type of leather, this will no longer apply. You can find material bonuses on UOGuide and Stratics.
Step 2) Reforge for Auspicious of Luck aiming for 150 luck
- Tailors need to use horned/Barbed
- Bs uses copper (no negatives)
- Wood uses ash
That is something I will let you check yourself in the reforging tables.
The thing you need to watch out for is the side effects. So for a melee fighter you do not want to go above Powerful reforging because you will need to PoF the suit. But for a Caster or Tamer who does not get hit much you can cheat a little and do Structural reforging (makes item Brittle).
Yes (see above)
Step 4) Imbue to fit your needs adding resists to the the min resist to suit your needs (lrc/lmc stam/mana etc...
- Average item needs 59 total resist to hit all 70's. Often need higher due to random placements.
- Up to 500 imbuing weight
Sounds right. Before you start even reforging, I strongly advise you to put all the pieces together and add everything up (spreadsheets). Take into account the max value you can imbue and what you get from enhancement. See if what you are trying to do is achievable with the pieces you have before spending resources.
Step 5) Use FORGED METAL OF ARTIFACTS TOOL to enhance
- Tailor uses spined leather
- Bs uses Gold
- Wood items use oak
For luck, yes.

Last edited:

codemonkey84

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Yeah everything was assuming you're trying to make a luck suit. Also i can't think of any items that BS and Tailor need that aren't enhance by metal or leather respectively. I was specific with wooden items as that's across multiple skills. I may be mistaken though.

Okay i looked at http://www.uoguide.com/Exceptional and adds 20 points directly to the resists after gm arms lore.

Here's a little math here to show my thoughts -
A leather suit has base resists of 12/24/18/18/18 before enhancing and 66/24/18/18/18 afterwards. This means you need to cover 4/46/52/52/52 for resists.

So there's a total of 204 points of resists that need to be covered. In optimal settings that would mean that 120 of those would be covered by the exceptional bonus (20 points for each piece x 6 pieces) Leaving you with 84 points to cover so each piece would need a minimum of 14 points of resists imbued to cover everything. You have a little wiggle depending on the other imbued slots you want (i think lrc 16/17 and lmc 7/8 and 1 other like mr or mana)

/end math

So what this means in total....
Each piece should ideally have 1 or less points of the exceptional bonus applied to phys resist and no points applied to an additional point. Ex. a good starting piece of armor would look like 3/8/6/7/3 or 2/4/6/6/7. These would end up being 12/8/6/7/18 and 11/18/6/6/7 respectively. This is not every piece but the first you want to craft, usually the leather tunic.

From there you reforge so that you know whether to throw it away or keep it. If it's a keeper move onto the next piece. That way all you have to do is narrow it down so that in the end you are just looking for the perfect headpiece(2 leather) to fit your suit.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here's a little math here to show my thoughts -
A leather suit has base resists of 12/24/18/18/18 before enhancing and 66/24/18/18/18 afterwards. This means you need to cover 4/46/52/52/52 for resists.

So there's a total of 204 points of resists that need to be covered. In optimal settings that would mean that 120 of those would be covered by the exceptional bonus (20 points for each piece x 6 pieces) Leaving you with 84 points to cover so each piece would need a minimum of 14 points of resists imbued to cover everything. You have a little wiggle depending on the other imbued slots you want (i think lrc 16/17 and lmc 7/8 and 1 other like mr or mana)
What about arms lore bonus? That's very significant too. In practical terms it does not help much to look at base resists, because after bonuses, the values will be randomized anyway. But it helps to know that each exceptional leather piece made with GM Arms lore has a total of 35 resists. You also need to know min-max range for each resist for the pieces.

codemonkey84

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
arms lore is already being included. That's where the 120 points came from. Keep in mind i was dealing with optimized numbers with a little wiggle room due to rounding.

Looking at the base resists helps to know the minimum bonus as which can be +0. The max on the other hand can be the base resist +20. So a tunics fire resist will either be between 4 (+0) or 24 (+20).

A good example would be the tunic i just crafted. It has 3/11/10/8/3 for resists. So i know that the exceptional bonus given to each resist is +1/+7/+7/+5/0. Perfect for my needs. I have others that are not ideal but acceptable.

If that piece reforges to 150 luck I can count on giving that piece +14 resist. This will give me a suit with resists of 67/31/25/23/32 without imbuing another piece. Which tells me i should concentrate on cold and poison next if possible. At the same time i'll still be looking for 2 or 3 phys resist on the next piece a long with an additional resist that has no bonus applied to it. This time emphasizing cold and poison having either a high bonus or 0 bonus.

I'll keep going on like this doing the leggings, gorget, arms, gloves, and then the cap for last. Only moving on until after i get the piece reforged to 150 luck. This ensures that the last piece, while the hardest to fit, uses the least amount of resources. I won't start imbuing though until i have all the pieces in case i need a piece or two with higher resists in certain spots.

A lot of my writing here is with the thought of optimization and doing it without a spread sheet. Not for everyone but works for me.

Faith Leafmould

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the work guys.
Managed a full Luck-2480/LRC-100/MR-16/70/70/70/70/75 suit yesterday using the better stuff already available. Took me all day and loads of Runics but well worth the outcome.

Henzy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
So

Meanwhile I really created TONS of exceptional items (in tailoring as well as in blacksmithy, which are both on 120, my arm's lore is at 100) but I NEVER got a piece with 2 resists on minimum. One resist on minimum approximately 1 piece out of 20, but two on minimum absolutely never. Wonder what the chances are.......

Sonreir

Visitor
Has something changed? I'm only able to use spined kits to get the option for Auspicious/Fortune option. It doesn't appear on the menu with Horned or Barbed kits.

ChelseyEvilElf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How to Make a Max Luck Suit
First and foremost you will need to determine what materials you will use for this new suit. If you are planning to use leather you will need a large amount of Horned Runic Sewing Kits. If you are going to use metal you will need to use either bronze or copper runic hammers. Be prepared to use lots of raw materials such as bulk leather and bulk iron ingots. I usually like to know before I even start the suit what pieces will be used in conjunction with the suit. Examples are Mempo of Fortune or the Novo Bleu set. If going for the max luck possible you may also want to piece in the Lucky Charm Talisman, the Soles of Providence and the Conjurer’s Garb with the luck. Make sure that the pieces you are going to put into the suit will work into it. I used the Armor of Fortune and Mempo of Fortune as well it made my resists harder and some never did get to full 70’s as I had hoped. Make sure the understand that resists may never reach the full 70’s as you get more and more stats on the pieces the weight will restrict what you can do. Do Not Attempt Without Having your Imbuer to full 120, and Tailoring and Blacksmithing.
With leather you first want to place in a salvage bag and regular sewing kit and normal leather. You will make at least 20 pieces of whichever you would like to start first. As you make the pieces make sure to pull to side the pieces that were not exceptional. If you are making a warrior suit you may want to choose studded for the LMC added advantage if mage suit use regular leather pieces. In your normal backpack pull a piece that is exceptional out of salvage bag and double click your Horned Runic Sewing kit. A new contextual menu will pop up : The selections will be in white writing and red writing and green…The white means that is not selected……..the red means it won’t be available until a certain part is selected and green means that is what you are selecting.
So for this first attempt you will select Grand Artifice and Inspired Artifice you will then go down to the choose name right arrow and pick out of the titles for Auspicious of Luck . After you select the title you will see on bottom right there is a reforge item arrow you will click that making sure to be standing within two tiles of a soul forge. If you are also wanting highest resists possible you will also select Exalted Artifice and Sublime Artifice then clicking the title of Fortified of Defense. Reforging is completely random and will take lots of attempts to get the pieces you want. After you get your piece with 150 luck and if you like the resists if doing the fortified of Defense you will put each piece to the side. Make sure to unravel or salvage your leather as you go to keep it manageable in your backpack.
Make sure to put all pieces together to get a good idea of your overall resists that you will be working with and all artifacts to get a good feel for where you will need the most resists and properties you want. Some people use spreadsheets or formulas or notebook. POWDER EVERY PIECE YOU ARE ABOUT TO IMBUE that step is most important or all of this is for nothing. If making a magery suit this is where you want your LRC and LMC, before you work on resists if the resists are not perfect be forewarned it will bump up a little when you hit with the spined at the end, but not a lot. After you have put as many properties and resists on suit as is possible you will then grab the FORGED METAL OF ARTIFACTS TOOL . This tool is very expensive and make sure you are ready to use it. Each time you do a piece of armor you must double click the tool if you do not the piece will break catastrophically and be lost forever. A Message will come up saying that the next time you use this tool it will do the skill at 100%. Click your regular sewing kit and select the spined BLUE leather and then click on bottom right where it says enhance item. The piece will then convert to 190 luck.
If you choose to make any pieces with metal instead you will use a bronze or copper runic hammers. First you would make sure to make several of the pieces and take out or smelt the nonexceptional pieces. You would then select on the bronze or copper runic hammer, and double click the menu and select Powerful Reforging and Grand Artifice and Inspired Artifice and choose reforge item. Like in the other reforging efforts your piece will eventually come out with 150 luck. You may also like above choose Exalted and Sublime with the title of Fortified of Defense if aiming for better resists. Make sure to powder up pieces before Imbuing. Place all resist and properties on pieces until each piece is maxed out. You will then get the Forged Metal of Artifacts and double click it and pick the regular blacksmithing tool and click to use gold ore and then select enhance item. This is where you would make weapons and shields for mages or dexers, but if on mage make sure to put spellchanneling on them.
Gargoyles
My favorite race ever. Are so misunderstood……
Make your regular gargoyle leather armor following the leather reforging as above. You can make the jewelry and reforge the luck on the pieces for earrings and necklace, but it will not allow you to enhance with the added luck over 150. You will also find that the Mempo and Armor of Fortune are not able to be altered for gargoyles. The Throwing weapons can have over 210 luck added, and if you are a mage you can hold a shield as well. If it is on a mage use spellchanneling on each. if you do not the piece will break catastrophically and be lost forever.
THANKYOU! Forgot the Process!