• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to calculate my swing speed...

J

JokerA

How i can calculate my swing speed? If somebody know URL for calculator for this or know formula (something like 55dex + 20% swing speed = 3 hits/sec) please to say me. thanks

T

T_Amon_from_work

How i can calculate my swing speed? If somebody know URL for calculator for this or know formula (something like 55dex + 20% swing speed = 3 hits/sec) please to say me. thanks
A "Five on Friday" in March 2007 outlined the formula (excerpted):
1. Figure out Weapon Base speed in ticks. Take whatever speed in seconds your weapon says on the tooltip and multiply that number by 4. If you are barehanded, you swing at the fastest weapon rate (10 ticks = 2.5 seconds). Example: The Halberd (4.25 second base speed) has a base speed of 17 ticks.
2. Figure out Stamina Ticks (Current Stamina / 30). Example: Current Stamina = 50. So Stamina Ticks rounded down = 1.
3. Figure out Swing Speed Increase modifier from equipment. Example: 20.

Here is the formula:
a. Hit Start = ((Base Weapon Speed - Stamina Ticks) * (100.0 / (100 + Swing Speed Increase)))
ex. Hit Start = ((17 - 1) * (100.0 / (100 + 20)))
c. Make sure minimum swing time is never less than 5 ticks (1.25 seconds).
ex. The calculated Halberd Hit Start speed = 13 ticks (3.25 seconds)

FoF linky.

Let's use my Paladin for an example. DEX = 100; Stamina = 112. Weapon is Soul Seeker primarily - same as Radiant Scimitar in speed (3.5s delay).
Swing ticks = (3.25 * 4) = 13
Stam ticks = 112/30 = 3
SS SSI = 60%

Plug it all in:
Hit Start = ((13 - 3) * (100.0 / (100 + 60)))
Hit Start = (10 * (100.0 / 160))
Hit Start = (10 * .625)
Hit Start = 6.25 ticks or (reversing ticks to seconds) (6.25 / 4) = 1.56 seconds

It's 745 AM and my head is already swimming with formulas! Oof!

S

seastragg

A "Five on Friday" in March 2007 outlined the formula (excerpted):
1. Figure out Weapon Base speed in ticks. Take whatever speed in seconds your weapon says on the tooltip and multiply that number by 4. If you are barehanded, you swing at the fastest weapon rate (10 ticks = 2.5 seconds). Example: The Halberd (4.25 second base speed) has a base speed of 17 ticks.
2. Figure out Stamina Ticks (Current Stamina / 30). Example: Current Stamina = 50. So Stamina Ticks rounded down = 1.
3. Figure out Swing Speed Increase modifier from equipment. Example: 20.

Here is the formula:
a. Hit Start = ((Base Weapon Speed - Stamina Ticks) * (100.0 / (100 + Swing Speed Increase)))
ex. Hit Start = ((17 - 1) * (100.0 / (100 + 20)))
c. Make sure minimum swing time is never less than 5 ticks (1.25 seconds).
ex. The calculated Halberd Hit Start speed = 13 ticks (3.25 seconds)

FoF linky.

Let's use my Paladin for an example. DEX = 100; Stamina = 112. Weapon is Soul Seeker primarily - same as Radiant Scimitar in speed (3.5s delay).
Swing ticks = (3.25 * 4) = 13
Stam ticks = 112/30 = 3
SS SSI = 60%

Plug it all in:
Hit Start = ((13 - 3) * (100.0 / (100 + 60)))
Hit Start = (10 * (100.0 / 160))
Hit Start = (10 * .625)
Hit Start = 6.25 ticks or (reversing ticks to seconds) (6.25 / 4) = 1.56 seconds

It's 745 AM and my head is already swimming with formulas! Oof!
God you need a slide rule and a scientific caculator for all that jazz. ROFL

T

T_Amon_from_work

God you need a slide rule and a scientific caculator for all that jazz. ROFL
:gee: Ummm, if you really want a mental exercise, try the regen rate calculations! My aching back, they are nasty.

However ... all is good in da hood! :thumbup1:

T

T_Amon_from_work

Try this site that some guys here on the forums put together. Its up to date, accurate, and will give more than what you need.
http://www.uohub.com/calcdmg.cfm
We get all this crud settled, sites that augment EA and Stratics for things like this need to have a reference post (here, mebbe) if it will be allowed. I think so, but I'll ask just to be sure.

To the OP: UOGuide (uoguide.com) has a boatload of stuff as well that you may want to browse through.