• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to avoid the rath of the wife while playing UO?

K

Kaopectate

I'm lucky I suppose. My wife is an RN and works third shift and every other weekend too. The nights she is home I just get my GGS gains I need. And the nights she works, especially the weekends I play UO until my eyes turn red. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/blush.gif)

S

Scout

<font color=551A8B>I had to come in-this thread is really funny...
My bf used to play but quit-he's more into fraggin Unreal. It's funny, he doesn't really care how much I play, as long as we're also doing stuff outside the computers. I guess we're lucky, we're both gamers-4 computers, PS2, XBOX-all the toys, so something's always being played. He's interested in UO too, so listens to my stories about bod's, etc.
The only time he gets irritated is if we're going out and I'm taking too long to log off.

Someone posted that women don't like games and men don't like shopping... /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif I guess I'm super lucky cause neither one of us fits that...we both love games &amp; shopping! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif</font color=551A8B>

G

Lol...

Been trying for 3 years...

-It looks ugly
-what ?! how many months to GM resist !??
-why the hell do all those people speak English ?

And...last but not least : What is the goal ? Is there a super monster to kill to finish the game ?

Some people dont seem to grasp the meaning of permanent online universes.

O

omfg27

welp i totally screwed my self. my g/f has been watching me play for some time. then for christmas she shocked me by asking for her own acct. i thought hey, ok this could be cool. WRONG, since there is only one computer in the house i now have to share it with her addicted arse. and the "how do i do this" questions...OMG. the first couple weeks were ok, i didnt mind, but daaamn, not only do i get to play half as much as i did, but no i cant have any peace, when im not playing, cause every 5 minutes its "BAAAABE COME HERE AND SHOW ME HOW TO........" well you get the picture.

B

Blackmarlin

look on the bright side, now if you get your goodself another PC, you would have double joy!!!

O

omfg27

bah, ill just end up taken her to fel and killing the b......wait no thats bad huh, good thing so doesnt read stratics! lol jk of course.

haha no i guess your right. i bought my first two computers just to play UO, looks like im going to have to buy a third now. damn this game

A

Almar of Europa

''Remember guys, it's always easier to get forgiveness rather than permission.''

That is *so* true!

My wife is an avid UO hater, but make the time you spend with your other half as meaningful as possible and forgiveness gets even easier to come by!

I've made all the way to 40 months now - that's in UO - not my marriage! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

S

Slaggo

at first, my wife hated me playing UO because she didn't understand what it was or anything. but we were playing Diablo together heavily at the time and i decided to move onto UO.
so, she asked me one day if she could play and i let her under my supervision and she's been hooked ever since.

so, i just consider myself fortunate that i'm married to someone who's into computer games like i am. BUT....for those who aren't as fortunate as i am, your significant needs to be able to understand that everybody has their own hobbies.

just don't let your own hobby cut into the wee hours of the morning while your significant other is sleeping alone or playing with the kids.....that's just so wrong.

N

nocturne73

I just told her the game was here before you and if ya keep it up it will be here after you.
(I wish i had the balls to say that
)

G

Simple and neferarious technique -

get her a computer;
her own account;
introduce her to tailoring, plant growing, house decoing, rares collecting, shopping, animal taming (get her a freakin' squirl)

next thing you know, she'll be stealing your ethies and demanding that you supply her tailor with stacks of leather, and making charts of stuff you wish you didn't have to know about.

Just like every other drug, once UO get's it's hooks into anyone, recovery is difficult, and having a partner fellow addict will make quitting that much more difficult.

G

Get rid of the wife. They are too expensive and inconsistent to be worth the trouble.

Hookers are cheaper and more reliable.

G

This might be THE funniest thread [for what it is] that I've read on Stratics -- and I browse ALOT, lol.

It's mainly funny to me that everyone (including myself) actually sits around thinking of ways to avoid the girlfriend/wife for a few hours to get on and play UO, lol. It's a GAME!! But yea, I'm in that boat.

Luckily I got my girlfriend interested and she loves to play as much as me. Like others though I only have one computer and actually only one account. She's into the whole mage thing, and now she is converting into a mage/tamer. So I'd say the best thing is to try and get your significant other into the game first and foremost because then she understands the addiction and may even sit and watch you play. But damn I can't wait until we can afford another account for her and another computer. lol.