• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How the hell?

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was running around trying to work up remove trap, and got killed by a crate (yeah I know, go figure). The problem is...it put me into stat loss. ROFL, WTH?

Ok, here's another question in regards to remove trap. I don't want to add tinker to my template, my current skill level is at 40 something. I'd like to work it up to 70 (RoT on Siege) without using player made chests...is this possible?

Please advise...la

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its possible to train it without player crates, Rico...but honestly, it would be faster for you to start tinkering. :/

I did pretty well the first time I GMed Remove Trap without manipulating tinker traps much, but that was during the power hour days. I've worked it up to 93 now, since GGS, and you just cant get to an effective level of remove trap without tinkering.

In my opinion, Remove Trap just isn't worth having below GM.

Lyconis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol, what kind of trap was it? killing yourself puts you into stat, cause folks would do that to avoid going into stat while in the middle of a battle. Traps are considered attacking yourself. Though I hear some types of traps work for suicide and don't stat you.
Remember if you want to test your items for insurance to have a guildie do it for you don't do it to yourself.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was running around trying to work up remove trap, and got killed by a crate (yeah I know, go figure). The problem is...it put me into stat loss. ROFL, WTH?

Ok, here's another question in regards to remove trap. I don't want to add tinker to my template, my current skill level is at 40 something. I'd like to work it up to 70 (RoT on Siege) without using player made chests...is this possible?

Please advise...la
With the Rot System on Siege, I would just go to Vesper bank and work those chest there. You can remove faction traps at 80 I believe, but you will fail more then succeed.

If I remember the ROT system correctly, once you hit 90 it slows way down, so have a friend with gm tink make ya 100 or so trapped boxes.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes it's possible. I don't have a low end tinker, remove trap currently on 54.9 and working on gypsy chests. Start with the barrels on Jhelom docks, and *wonders if she dare say this* the *whispers* crates in the provisioner shop :p. Jhelom isn't faction, so you should be oki there.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

Please advise...la
*snickers*

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll be laughing all the way to the top of the point's leader board once I get the ability to remove traps in the faction towns...la

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would seriously consider adding tinkering to an alt char if not the char youre training it on.

I kept my tinkering within 10 of my remove trap skill as I worked my remove trap up to 90. 90-100 I got by removing faction traps.

I simply used the same crates and retrapped them as I went. Took me about a week to GM playing after work for a few hours. Tedious but a lot faster.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also, you have to wait the entire skill-timer length before you can tinker again, after using remove trap. Having as many crates and trapping them all at once as possible will reduce your training time, slightly.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The skill timer is no where near the length of time it takes for trapped chests to respawn. It is faster, as I've tried both routes.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Definitely. Takes way too long waiting for respawn. I never wasted my time with that route, gladly. Though I only ever trained remove trap to 65 with Siege RoT. :/

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Definitely. Takes way too long waiting for respawn. I never wasted my time with that route, gladly. Though I only ever trained remove trap to 65 with Siege RoT. :/
But since they are in ROT on Siege, the timer wouldnt be as much of a factor like it is on production shards, I wouldn't think.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your post history belongs on failblog.org. Unfunny and just plain stupid.

L

Laf

Your post history belongs on failblog.org. Unfunny and just plain stupid.
Exactly what is a post history? they have those? or failblog? Have I missed out so much over the years of E-tards? ..

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes you do. The problem I have found...you get silver from taking out a trap, but you don't get points for it. IMO, some points or at least a single faction point should be given when a disarmer gets rid of a trap...la

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are kill points, not stealing points or remove trap points.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So a player can gain silver for killing a player with a trap, but they shouldn't get a kill point...for killing another player with a trap? Why shouldn't a player get a point for removing one and possibley saving another faction memer from death?...la

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So a player can gain silver for killing a player with a trap, but they shouldn't get a kill point...for killing another player with a trap? Why shouldn't a player get a point for removing one and possibley saving another faction memer from death?...la
because they didn't kill anyone

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They need to do a complete revert on the point system. Wipe all points (to the outrage of many point farmers, I am sure), stop thief points, and stop this order/chaos and town bonus crap.

1 kill gets you 10% of your opponents points. That should be it.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They need to do a complete revert on the point system. Wipe all points (to the outrage of many point farmers, I am sure), stop thief points, and stop this order/chaos and town bonus crap.

1 kill gets you 10% of your opponents points. That should be it.
I agree with you Nonel, wipe the points, take away for thief faction points and start all over again. But I don't see that happening!