• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How much money could a UO gold seller make selling UO gold ?

• Thread starter Barrakketh
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

Barrakketh

Hail: Also, be it on a smaller scale, not all gold/item sellers are in the states. If i knew how to script, ect, I could get my brother in law in the philippines to play UO, and script away, and sell gold ect, AND ALL HE HAS TO MAKE IS $7 A DAY, AND HE DOUBLES WHAT HE MAKES IN A MONTH THERE.....:danceb:

Quite a few scripters are foriegners , asia and south america.

B

Barrakketh

Tricky subject... they should sell the items through a third party or shell company... but what they should really do is just make the items more readily available.

Not every minute or anything but basically make everything twice as easy.
IMO the best way to approach this is to sell game gold that players could use to buy items in game with , that way players would always have a market for game items , those that wish to pay extra cash instead of playing to get items can do so. Its a win win situation for EA.

As I have tried to make clear already - as long as EA allows game gold to be sold then there is no reason they shouldnt be selling it too.

S

Sneaky

You do recall that game gold is being sold by the 100's of million each month to players now ? In other words you argue its ok for scripter to sell it but not EA.
No, thats not what I'm saying at all, I said...

So there is less incentive to get gold if EA sells it, thats what your saying? This would then apply to everyone... not just scripters. Less incentive to get gold full stop. That is bad, very bad for the game. How? Brokers aside for a moment, the reason people script/dupe/whatever is because the items they are duping are worth something and are sought after. You remove the worth of gold by EA creating all this gold for nothing and you remove its worth. Yeh ok this will stop scripters, but the less obvious but bigger problem is if gold is no longer sought after because it is of little to no UO value then normal every day players are going to be less inclined to go hunt for gold themself's.
I also said...

Rather than trying to fix a problem with a bandaid fix that would not even work and would hurt the game badly, EA just needs to wipe out the core of the problem here, scripting/duping. EA selling gold is possibly one of the worst ways I can think of doing that. It is a bad idea.
Nowhere did I say it was ok for scripters to sell gold and for EA not to. Please re read my post as I think you have missed the point of it.

Again - you do recall that game gold is being sold by the 100's of million each month to players now? In other words you argue its ok for scripter to sell it but not EA.
No, again your wrong, go re read post.

I agree imo it is a pointless waste of time to farm period , to me thats not playing a mmo thats f-a-r-m-i-n-g , but for a scripter , who has lost all his buyers to EA, yes it will be even more of a waste of time which is a good thing.:thumbsup:
Farming, hunting, PvM, call it what you will. You are completely missing the point that EA selling gold will devalue it thus making it less sought after by even normal players. Forget brokers, scripters, whatever; normal players will be the ones most effected by this because they are the majority of the player base.

Simply stated if players wish to pay cash for gold and that cash would contribute to the business' revenue then there is no reason EA shouldnt sell it.There is no reason selling game gold should be restricted to scripters or any other third party , and there is no reason EA should not sell game gold too as long as selling game gold is allowed.
There is, re read my post sin this thread. EA can create the gold from nothing, nobody else can legally do that.

I will say it again.

THE PROBLEM HERE IS SCRIPTING/DUPING, NOT ANYONE SELLING GOLD FOR RL $

Remove the ability of players to cheat and you remove the problem. What we don't need is some hair brained idea that will completely devalue everything in game and make earning gold in any way shape or fashion a complete waste of time.

S

Sneaky

IMO the best way to approach this is to sell game gold that players could use to buy items in game with , that way players would always have a market for game items , those that wish to pay extra cash instead of playing to get items can do so. Its a win win situation for EA.

As I have tried to make clear already - as long as EA allows game gold to be sold then there is no reason they shouldnt be selling it too.
Want some more reasons why EA shouldn't sell gold?

Watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dmPchuXIXQ