• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How many times did it take to pass your drivers test?

S

Sweety

I passed the permit test the first time, but I'm a horrible driver. Hand-eye coordination is not my forte. I've failed it twice, hopefully the third time is the charm.

How'd you guys do on your driver test?

B

Beer_Cayse

I got my permit in January ... I hadn't driven in 25 years. Passed written with 100%, passed eye. Took the requisite pre-roadtest classes and then nailed the road test first time.

What probably helped is my past driving experience combined with the fact all the "permit driving" was in Winter and so had to exercise more caution than non-Winter driving.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had to retake the test because on one left turn at a four way stop, the guy to my left was half in the intersection, so I had to pull out and around him to make my turn, and I got a major ding for "Turning too wide"

W

wee papa smurf

I passed first time back in 1997 when the rules were not as harsh as they are now.

R

Ransom_of_BiC

I passed the first time with a 94, but was TERRIFIED I would fail.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I find driving a car to be completely and utterly unethical in the tmes we live in, unless it is an utter necessity.
I really hope I drop and die before I ever wear an l-plate.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I find driving a car to be completely and utterly unethical in the tmes we live in, unless it is an utter necessity.
Yeah, but you live in a country where you can walk from one end to the other without breaking a sweat.

W

wee papa smurf

Although i have a car i use my bicycle everyday for everything, the cars just for the long journeys to Glasgow!!! :lol:

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Although i have a car i use my bicycle everyday for everything, the cars just for the long journeys to Glasgow!!! :lol:

Well if you are doing that in South Kintyre I really take my hat off to you. The only road down there I would cycle would be the learside.

W

wee papa smurf

Well if you are doing that in South Kintyre I really take my hat off to you. The only road down there I would cycle would be the learside.
lol the learside, we jog that every monday! But all these roads are good for cycles/walks, the mok run uses them to there full :)

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Permit test on the first try and drivers test on the second try. Failed the first time because i was driving as fast as everyone else in a construction site and that was obviously too fast. :)

Metalstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Passed the first time but I didn't even bother getting a car until I was almost 19.

Before that it was just a motorcycle (passed that on first try too) from the day I was finally old enough for the permit (15 1/2) until They day I decided I didn't like riding in hail storms anymore :)

T

Tazar

I grew up roaming Dad's car-lot so I passed the first time.

I am convinced my mom got hers through feminine wiles... She's lived in the same house for 50 years now and still runs over the curb every time she turns into the drive-way...

S

Sweety

Original poster here. I finally passed.

This is rather embarrassing to admit considering everyone on here got theirs 1st or 2nd attempt. Just got my license... and it took me 4 tries.... Though the guy said i did very well staying in control since some lady nearly rammed me in the side during my test. Think he was just happy he didn't get smushed.

Hopefully i don't kill anyone. :) haha just kidding. Ill keep my driving to a minimum. I prefer being chauffeured around anyway.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Congrats. Drive safe. :)

S

Sadrith Mora

Took me 2 times. The first time i learned to drive stick on the way to the test. No problem. The guy hopped in my passenger seat and we were off. I breezed through the obstacle course, and coming near the end of it the guy said "you're doing very well, just run through this last stop sign and park over there... you passed."

Well, guess what? FAIL

OMG

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Should have read your Automotive Bible: Never listen to a passenger telling you to violate the vehicle code.

L

longshanks

Original poster here. I finally passed.

This is rather embarrassing to admit considering everyone on here got theirs 1st or 2nd attempt. Just got my license... and it took me 4 tries.... Though the guy said i did very well staying in control since some lady nearly rammed me in the side during my test. Think he was just happy he didn't get smushed.

Hopefully i don't kill anyone. :) haha just kidding. Ill keep my driving to a minimum. I prefer being chauffeured around anyway.
it was probably due to you having paws :p