• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How many seconds for archer heal?

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am 120 Healing and 120 Anatomy real skill and 125 Dexterity (211 Stamina with armor etc).
How many seconds should it take me to apply a bandage to myself and to my guildmates?

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just came back after a few years break but I believe healing is capped at 4.0 seconds.

4f87d57c4cbc3423bdff0b228530cb56.png

So at 125 dex, subtract 2.25 seconds from 8 seconds. Heal self would be 5.75 seconds. Not sure if it rounds up or down.

Last edited:

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That formula is outdated I think.

From uo.com

"Maximum heal duration is 8 seconds, at 100 dexterity the self-heal duration is 6 seconds, healing another character, 2 seconds."

So it looks like at 120 dex, self-heal is 5 seconds and at 140 dex it would be 4 seconds.

Cross-healing is always 2 seconds.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've always found it's about 4.5 seconds... 2 seconds to heal a friend. I can almost count it out whenever I hit the bandage.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
That formula is outdated I think.

From uo.com

"Maximum heal duration is 8 seconds, at 100 dexterity the self-heal duration is 6 seconds, healing another character, 2 seconds."

So it looks like at 120 dex, self-heal is 5 seconds and at 140 dex it would be 4 seconds.

Cross-healing is always 2 seconds.
This

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for all the replies, I made this post because I and a couple of other folks think that healing isn't working correctly for the last several months. In all these answers I don't see an absolute "this is what it is" that agrees with what I see. I have EC Pinco and I see the seconds tick down from the very application of the bandage and it sure has slowed.

How about an authoritative answer @Kyronix?

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, that does agree with the number I see immediately on the icon as seconds remaining, it's 4 which means it started at 5. I was questioning because I seem to remember it being lower not long ago but maybe not.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Before they hard capped stats it was possible to get down to 2 second self-healing at 200 dex.

Drink a Greater Agility potion at 175-180 dexterity and you could get to 200. It was possible to get to 200 with items, but there were only a few items available to get you there. Ring of the Vile, Jackal's Collar, Captain Quacklebush's Cutlass, more dexterity on a bracelet, Dread Pirate Hat, Talon Bite, Gloves of the Pugilist. That's about it. With those though you always sacrificed something else, usually resists. Artifacts back then mostly had crap resists.

As a dexxer I was pretty hard to kill and I wasn't a particularly great PvPr.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You have 5 sec self-heals at 125 DEX. At 140 Dex, you'd have 4 second self heals.

Before they hard capped stats it was possible to get down to 2 second self-healing at 200 dex.

Drink a Greater Agility potion at 175-180 dexterity and you could get to 200. It was possible to get to 200 with items, but there were only a few items available to get you there. Ring of the Vile, Jackal's Collar, Captain Quacklebush's Cutlass, more dexterity on a bracelet, Dread Pirate Hat, Talon Bite, Gloves of the Pugilist. That's about it. With those though you always sacrificed something else, usually resists. Artifacts back then mostly had crap resists.

As a dexxer I was pretty hard to kill and I wasn't a particularly great PvPr.
It was shortly after AoS launched when that was possible. Pre-AOS items with Bless Charges were bugged, and wouldn't lose their +10 Stats when the Charges wore out, so you were able to run around with obscene stats. Earrings of Bless, Body Sash of Bless, Cloak of Bless, Thigh Boots of Bless, not to mention any armor pieces of Bless, etc.

I miss items that could spawn with spell Charges :(. Not to mention the names. I still have an old 20% Dur/2% HCI/Undead Slayer/30% DI/Paralyze: 10 Broadsword that used to read as "a Durable, Accurate, Silver Broadsword of Power and Ghoul's Touch: 10".

Last edited:

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was possible though, up thru Mondain's Legacy and minor artifacts. My suit had Gloves of the Pugilist and Captain Quacklebush's Cutlass and the last item I acquired was Dread Pirates hat. Put me at 202 dex. Before I got the pirate hat I had to drink pots to get over 200. I had that suit for a couple months before they nerfed it by the hard cap.

Usually took at least three stealth archers to gank & kill me.

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh, man I miss those.

Supremely Accurate Silver Katana of Power. I couldn't afford one with Vanq but I slaughtered liches with that katana.
Yeah, my Macer used a Indestructible, Accurate, Silver Quarterstaff of Power to slaughter Lich Lords at Gwenno's Memorial in Ilsh. I still have 300+ Blackmoor from that.
Man i miss the days of pulling loot off of mobs and not knowing exactly what it was immediately. "A magic katana", quick, whip out the ID Wand! It was funny looting Wands off of Liches and trying to use the Wands on themselves to see if they'd ID themself.

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I am at 150 dex, 120 anatomy, 120 healing ( with 10% for enhanced bandages and 10% for the first aid belt (120), and my bandage self time is 4 seconds. Is there something I'm overlooking to make it go to 3 seconds?

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I am at 150 dex, 120 anatomy, 120 healing ( with 10% for enhanced bandages and 10% for the first aid belt (120), and my bandage self time is 4 seconds. Is there something I'm overlooking to make it go to 3 seconds?
I don't think you can get below 4 seconds

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would be nice if it scaled at .5 seconds though. 150 dexterity could be 3.5 second self-heals.