• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

how many pets can u controll?

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
the amount of pet this person is controlling is impresive lol. they are all follow this tamer
1682714474508.png
it is not herding they all follow at once not herding on at a time, never seen before lol

Last edited:

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually yes depending on your herding skill level you can move large amounts of critters.

I have a screen shot somewhere of when sis and I did a cattle drive through Britain.

I had a herder who's skill was about 85 - 90 then. I stupidly either turned it down or accidently flushed it on a soulstone.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Either that's herding, or it's an old old picture from when people could have an (apparently) unlimited number of pets.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
this guy walk by and they all followed each other or him then he went got got more than the picture show 20 more walrus and 20 wolves all following together

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
you can friend people to pets, and they will follow the " follow " command, won't attack or guard tho. more useful for beetles and packies, lets a friend use their pack

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Herding can be fun, but there are restrictions. You can only herd creatures that can be tamed, you can't herd them through moongates and you can't give them commands other than 'move to [targeted location]' or 'follow [targeted character]'
I have herded Reptalon away from Miasma's area - though you can't move Rend! I have herded Fire Crimson/Platinum drakes away from the Balrons at Chaos in Ilsh and Ossein Rams into the corridors in Deceit further from the Lich lords. The last two to make it easier for taming them. In the past I have herded Unicorns left over from Oaks in T2A to Delucia, giving red champ scouts a bit of a surprise, but never more than 3 and you can't do that anymore, the champ area clears once the champ dies now, and there is less 'scouting' champs done anyway.
My most fun 'herding' adventure was this one: Herding Essay - Old Stratics

Almost forgot, dryad alluring an ettin, naming him 'farmer' and then stealth herding a bunch of cows through Brit with him :D

gwen

Slightly Crazed
you can friend people to pets, and they will follow the " follow " command, won't attack or guard tho. more useful for beetles and packies, lets a friend use their pack
They will also not gain pack bonuses. Thou I tried 3 Stygian Drakes on one toon (friended with 2 more account same Stygians). I was trying to understand what was their pack instincts use at all. Failed to find developers wisdom in that case.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Herding 5 or 6 greater dragons from the bowl up to to the champ alter area during level 4 of the spawn has surprised more than a few sampires...

AdamPD

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Either that's herding, or it's an old old picture from when people could have an (apparently) unlimited number of pets.
Heh, I remember those days, taking 5 white wyrms or dragons down to Terra keep and trying to kill the Balron.
I also remember people having 10+ nightmares out at Brit Bank to sell.
Simpler times!