• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How many others keep there tamer out of a Guild?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wondering how many other people keep there Tamer out of Guilds? I never put my tamer in a Guild or I`ll kill myself lol :D

O

Old Man of UO

Just wondering how many other people keep there Tamer out of Guilds? I never put my tamer in a Guild or I`ll kill myself lol :D
What's the reasoning? There are several guilds for tamers only, but I see no reason not to put a tamer in a guild.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have the habbit of targeting myself by accident. It prolongs the life of my tamer ^^

Forgot to say I`m a melee tamer.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only problems I ever had with my tamers being guilded was back in the days when a warred guild member couldn't get a rez from someone in Tram. You had quite a bit of walking if you popped your clogs. I still had all my tamers in RP guilds, it was more a hassle telling folks why they couldn't rez me all the time :D

I still have all my tamers guilded now, I don't mind occasionally setting pets on myself now I can hit the stop command button and run a bit away. If you're careful it shouldn't deter you from being guilded. Can't remember the last time I even all killed myself tbh.

Wenchy

Y

Yen Sid

I still have all my tamers guilded now, I don't mind occasionally setting pets on myself now I can hit the stop command button and run a bit away. If you're careful it shouldn't deter you from being guilded. Can't remember the last time I even all killed myself tbh.

Wenchy
Indeed :thumbup1:

My Tamer is guilded, I haven't killed myself in ages, not since I first got a Greater Dragon :lol:.

M

maroite

Hmm... I don't think I have ever All Killed myself, unless I was drunk lol.

I have on occasion stuck my pet on a guildie on accident during spawns or hectic pvp. Oops! :gee:

Y

Yen Sid

Hmm... I don't think I have ever All Killed myself, unless I was drunk lol.

I have on occasion stuck my pet on a guildie on accident during spawns or hectic pvp. Oops! :gee:
Any time I do its from mashing macro keys too fast. Like doing an 'all kill, cursor target current' but swapping to myself to pop off an invis before the 'all kill' macro goes off, so Im the current target :stretcher: lol. I see my health drop by half, I know I messed something up :gee:.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have the habbit of targeting myself by accident. It prolongs the life of my tamer ^^

I used to do that all the time hehe. My tamers are still guilded but I try to be extra careful. :p

O

Old Man of UO

HEH... maybe you should back off on the whirlwind special.

Remember when white wyrms were all the rage and as they trained up their magery began to cast mass curse, then attack their owner? I'm hoping that makes it back into the pre-AOS Classic Shard rules.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven`t had a tamer guilded since Publish 14. I rember being guilded could get you killed by your own blade spirit if you weren`t careful.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When a friend I met in UO helped me get started with seriously training my first tamer character, "death by pet" was an almost daily occurence. My biggest problem was targeting my character to inviz her when I was actually targeting her for a "kill" command. The problem was solved when my friend realized my inviz, cure and heal macros only included one line to actually cast the spell. They lacked the "wait for target" and "target self" lines because I had no clue macros could have multiple lines in them! One of the perils of being a late starter with UO and not having someone sitting next to me that could actually see all the dumb stuff I did (and still do) on a daily basis, I guess. Hehe.

Once I redid those particular macros to include versions with the necessary lines to "target self," I saw an immediate drastic drop in the number of my tamer's "death by pet" incidents.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I've always had my tamer guilded. I remember before I quit three years ago I would occasionally all kill myself. But since I came back six months ago I've been using the enhanced client, and I haven't all killed myself once, and I'm not quite sure why I haven't. I think it's the enhanced targeting system it's a lot more idiot proof than the old legacy targeting.

Now I have accidentally cast spells on my pets a few times, but it's never got me killed. For one thing you can tell pets to stop and stay, and they actually stop and stay. I don't know when that changed but it was sometime in the past three years. Before if a pet started attacking you getting it to stop could be a real problem because every time a delayed spell went off, it would start gleefully chewing on you again and the same thing would happen if you hadn't tabbed out and accidentally hit them again.

You didn't used to be able to train magic resist by telling them to stay and casting on them while they docilely chewed their cud either. A lot of flagging issues have been fixed in the past three years as well, and things have generally become easier for tamers in regards to handling their aggression. One change I don't like though is that pets won't attack faction mates anymore. I understand why, it makes it easier to fight in groups and friendly fields won't aggro pets, but it can be a bit of an issue when faction mates go rogue and try to kill you, or I feel the need to put some faction mate in his place... :)

Grimwar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remember when white wyrms were all the rage and as they trained up their magery began to cast mass curse, then attack their owner? I'm hoping that makes it back into the pre-AOS Classic Shard rules.
Aye i do and most Guild members dident like a WW,s as they also attacked them, i also recall the command [All stay worked] then i used to run off screen as i had no magery to cast invis. Run back, but it was ok as a WW was a powerfull wyrm back then.

Grimwar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another reason to stay out of a Guild, is that, you can you can use Fel to realy train pet's.